Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated)
    #4611488 - 09/02/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I know this is a long post...really fucking long, but I reccomend reading it if it makes sense. I'm gonna be honest, I'm too fucked to read it over right now...but I think it's really changed my life, so I figured I'd share it with you all while I'm still damn high. I know theres gonna be spelling errors in it, but to be honest I can barely focus enough to read it...somehow I just typed out all my feelings. I hope it makes sense and I hope it helps :smile:.

I've come to a conclusion about the mindset of so many people in this world, including myself...before tonight. I'd like everyone to read this post with an open mind. Yeah, it may make no sense because I'm not in a sober state...but I think it actually might mean something. Please take the time to read it, I would greatly appreciate it, and who knows, it might help you like it helped me.

So many people in this world have a negitive mindset. From all walks of life, some rich, some poor, some social, some anti social. I would say a vast majority of people are unhappy. They may not even realize it, because it's the way they have though their entire life, it may be because they are waiting for something, upset something has gone, or simply just negitive.

There are a lot of people who have no real good reason to think negitively. I, myself, am one of these people. I have a great family, good friends, I am generally healthy, and yet...I am unhappy. Why? Because it's human nature to always want more. Is anyone ever completely satasfied? I really don't think so.

I myself want a relationship. It seems like a normal thing to want, but what do I do about it? Nothing. By relationship I mean having a girlfriend that I can be totally open with, and she can be open with me. Every day I think about it, and it brings me down. I'm just upset by it, even though it's one small part of my life that is missing. There are so many other people out there that would be so happy living the way I do. I'm talking people in poverty, people with deseases, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging, I'm just saying, I really shouldn't be unhappy.

Even so, I still do nothing about not having a good relationship. I have many close friends, and I am close with my family, but I am not completely open with anyone at all. This gives me a really lonely feeling. But do I make an attempt to do anything about it? No. I just think about how everyone is so much better off than me. I see couples in school who just seem so perfect, they can talk about everything, and are just so happy. I'm close to my family, but not completely open...there is so much about me that even the people I am closest to don't even know, and that is depressing to me.

I know I'm ranting a lot about myself, but it's just a realization I've had. I've been feeling somethings been missing in my life, and now that I've figured it out, it feels really good, because I can do something about it. But thats not the point.

My point is, I want everyone reading this to look at your life. Do you feel something that upsets you, I bet a lot of you do. Theres always something that will drag you down, because it's human nature to want more, and that want for more leads to a lot of depression because you can never really have "everything".

The first thing you need to do is identify your problem. I'm sure a lot of you already know what is bringing you down...just that little itch that you can't scratch. But I'm sure some of you...like me, can't figure it out. I never thought I'd say this...but drugs really helped me do it, although I don't reccomend using that method. I think a good thing to do would go into nature alone, to a beutiful place, and just really think about your life. A lot of people are probabably thinking "yeah! with a dose of shrooms", and yeah, that would probably help, but it's really not neccesary I beleive.

Either way?just really think about things. I guess this would be meditating, although I don?t? know the art of meditating, but I guess it?s something like that. If it?s not that easy, then sure, do drugs, but that just doesn?t seem as pure to me?although I guess it did work for myself.

Identifying this problem is the hardest part. Once you do, your getting on your way to living a more positive lifestyle. Once you do this, your on the road to solving it. I?m sure it?s clear to how to solve a problem, but the thing is, so many people don?t even try! They just live they?re life, accepting this problem and living unhappy for their entire life because of it, and I honestly feel like crying right now because of this thought. Some problems are so simple to solve, and for some reason a lot of people just don?t take the effort to solve it! And if it isn?t so simple, then ask for advice from the people you love and trust, there?s always someone willing to help.

Another situation of unhappiness is if you are already aware of your problem, but you just feel ?trapped?. I know so many people who just don?t think there is a way out, they think there fucked for life. Some accept this and live unhappy, and some resort to suicide, which is extremely sad because there is always something you can do. No problem is too big that you can?t do anything about it, there?s always a solution, you just have to find it.

And the final reason I can see for unhappiness goes along with my reason of always wanting more. It?s extremely rare to find people completely satisfied with their lives as they are, and if these people are out there, I envey them. This may happen to people once their ?big problem? holding them back is solved, or if they simply don?t have any problems.

I?ll use money as an example in this, because I?m really messed up at the moment and can?t think of a better one. Okay, lets compare a middle class working man to an extremely wealthy working man of the same age. The middle class man wants to be like the wealthy man, he wishes he had that kind of money and the freedom to pretty much do anything. Even though he is financially stable and living a happy life, he still has this want for more.

Now look at the wealthier man, who does have this freedom and a job he loves. He has that want to be at the top, he wants to be the most successful, and he will always want that. Now your probably thinking one of two things right now?unless you get what I?m talking about.

Either your thinking?well that?s just greedy, both of these people are doing fine and are being greedy for wanting more. Or you may be thinking that they are simply setting goals, and there is no harm in that. In a way both of those are true, and both are okay in a way. But both of these men are unhappy, they have a thirst for more that will never be fulfilled, and that is the way it will always be.

These are the people that have no real reason to be unhappy. They are living a comfterable life but there is always something kind of itching at them to be more successful. I?m not saying there?s anything wrong with this?it?s just the way we are as humans. I?ll admit I?d say I?m in this category, I have everything I need in life, except what bugs be is the need for a relationship. This is more understandable than the money example?which just seems greedy?but there are many others out there.

Pretty much what I?m saying is if you live with this ?want for more? you will never be happy, it?s as simple as that. There is a difference between being unhappy because you have a problem, and being unhappy because you want something.

So in conclusion: If you have a problem, identify it and solve it?there is always a solution. And if you want more in life, that is ok, it?s good to have goals, but don?t let that stop you from living a happy and comfterable life. There?s no harm in striving for success, but that doesn?t mean you have to obsess over it and never be satisfied until you reach that success, because once you reach it you?ll always want something more.

Thanks for reading, and if it's understandable, I hope it helps :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4611536 - 09/02/05 05:18 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

whoa... im really drunk and hapinessness is k3y!!!

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4611552 - 09/02/05 05:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So, your revelation is that if one has a problem, he has to identify and solve it? :smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: ivi]
    #4611830 - 09/02/05 11:25 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Not quite. This is about desire and wanting.

This cannot be explained, only experienced. None of these words will get through to someone who is not ready to embrace the fact that desire is empty.

The very act of wanting something is itself an acknowledgment that you do not have what you need. Can't get any clearer than that.

The reason people don't understand it is because they are not ready.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: mecreateme]
    #4611930 - 09/02/05 12:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
The very act of wanting something is itself an acknowledgment that you do not have what you need. Can't get any clearer than that.

I dunno about that. I have wants that definately are things I don't need. I can live without them and I can live happily without them. Maybe I just wasn't good at explaining how I'm feeling now, I was really fucked up, but either way, I feel a lot better as a person now.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: mecreateme]
    #4611949 - 09/02/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is so true.

The vast majority of people do not realize that as we speak, things are exactly as they should be...everything is perfect as it is, right now.

Desire is an illusion created by our minds.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: dblaney]
    #4611997 - 09/02/05 01:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:

This is so true.

The vast majority of people do not realize that as we speak, things are exactly as they should be...everything is perfect as it is, right now.

Desire is an illusion created by our minds.

Am I missing something here? I agree with you completely but doesn't that quote say that the act of wanting something means we're lacking something we need. Am I just reading it wrong or what?

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4612020 - 09/02/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

doesn't that quote say that the act of wanting something means we're lacking something we need

Not necessarily, wanting (desire) can be born out of lack of something, out of greed, guilt, any number of emotions. In fact, just about all feelings CAN (not necessarily always do, but can) create desire.

If you're happy, you want to remain happy or be even happier. If you're sad, you usually want to be happy. Etc etc.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: dblaney]
    #4612152 - 09/02/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, that pretty much sums up what I wrote in about 200 paragraphs last night, and now that I figured it out, I think I'll be a lot happier in general.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4612264 - 09/02/05 02:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

feelings are created by desire.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4612282 - 09/02/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I do know about that. Did you not read that part about not understanding it because you do not want to?

You must be on the cusp of beginning your journey on the Shaman's path.

Don't you see that wanting something supposes that you do not have what you need, yet you go on to say you have everything you need in your post. Which is it? You have it, I know you do. Only you can trick yourself into believing you don't have what you need.

My words probably flow off you like water. Try reading the Bible.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4612433 - 09/02/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There was only one thing I stated that I really desire, and thats a real relationship. Just because it's a desire doesn't mean I am not going to try and obtain it, I'm just not going to let it get me down, like not fufilling a desire seems to do.

Also, I was simply using my desire as an example.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: My veiws on happyness (oppinions I've formed while quite intoxicated) [Re: Todcasil]
    #4613883 - 09/02/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
feelings are created by desire.

Desires create feelings. Feelings create desires.

Ah man paradoxes make the universe go 'round.  :cool:

--------------------

- John Mayer

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub