Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
You really should buy a gun
    #4608745 - 09/01/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats just my personal opinion, but I think anyone who is reading this and is legally able to purchase long guns should own at least one shotgun. You never know whats going to happen, be it the terrorists, the looters or the SA (or whatever federal agency it is). I really encourage everyone to buy a gun. It doesn't mean you'll turn into a "gun nut", it just means you are one step closer to really being prepared.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4608767 - 09/01/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If I could afford one, I'd definitely get a good shotgun. It'd be great for home protection...

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4608857 - 09/01/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I bought some extra ammo when they decided to send 30,000 plus people to the astro dome. this is a disaster waiting to happen.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4608865 - 09/01/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The rival gangs were causing problems in there the other day. Good luck down there.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4608964 - 09/01/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

check out this Gun Amnesty site from Britain. They are trying to tell people to bring in their guns to local police stations and turn them in with no questions asked, no id required. And from what I gather, you don't get any cash for your gats and 45s.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4609351 - 09/01/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

At the last Arizona gathering, I got to fire a shotgun. Those things are fun.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4609363 - 09/01/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have enough weapons

bows, guns, etc

over 1000 arrows, 50,000+ rounds on ammunition...

I'm ready

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4609377 - 09/01/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If I was able to, I would purchase one. I'd get kicked out of college, though (I live in student housing).

Btw, I went and checked out that book you recommended earlier today. It's a fucking thick one, that's for sure.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Redstorm]
    #4609406 - 09/01/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you want it as a .pdf, I can set it up for you to get it. Trust me man, changes your world view.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4609415 - 09/01/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nah, I got it for 3 weeks. I'm not big on the e-book thing, either. Thanks for the offer, though. :cool:

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4609441 - 09/01/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i want guns to protect me against people who want to limit my free speech, control what content i can view, tell me what to put into my body and support the patriot act. those people scare me a whole lot more than terrorists and looters.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4609448 - 09/01/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

meh

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4609450 - 09/01/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i want to buy a gun to compensate for my small penis.

did i say that out loud?

i mean...because it's my right as an american.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Vex]
    #4609452 - 09/01/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

woooohoooooo!!!!

actually I'm an avid skeet and target shooter(or used to be)

WOW I have 100 small penii!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:penis:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4609457 - 09/01/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i want guns to protect me against people who want to limit my free speech, control what content i can view, tell me what to put into my body and support the patriot act. those people scare me a whole lot more than terrorists and looters.

:thumbup:

Fuck those Repulicans and Democrats.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Vex]
    #4609461 - 09/01/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i support the right to bear arms. however is bothers me that the right puts that right above all others. they are glad to destroy speech rights, censor and they want religion and govt fused. what good are guns if you dont have other basic freedoms? the first ammendment is first for a reason.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#4609466 - 09/01/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

btw i have a gun...but i dont jack off on it, or want to buy 700 more of em and live in a trailer babbling about commies and hippies.

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4609470 - 09/01/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i'm going to buy the biggest gun in the world! the biggest gun for the smallest penis! i'll rig up a contraption so i can fire 7 guns all at the same time. my penis will be huge!!

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4609486 - 09/01/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

KOTT

you and I need to talk in 10 years

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: goobler]
    #4609830 - 09/01/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What's going on in your heads that you think you'd be able to react quickly enough to a sudden burglarly to grab your gun before the intruder sees what you are doing and shoots you first?

If the guy is unarmed then a gun isn't really that necessary, either.... the way I see it guns are just for sneaking up on a burglar and capping him without knowing it, or for keeping the King of England out of your house.

In a split second life or death scenario it's more prudent to just go apeshit with what God gave you then stumble around for your gun.

It'd be good to own a gun either way in the slim possibility you'd need it.... and I guess the bigger your place the better your odds are of having reactionary time to go get the gun out....

I think a big, angry, and loud dog (and possibly a gun) would be a better solution though.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/01/05 06:52 PM)

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: leery11]
    #4610981 - 09/01/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have lots of sharp objects does that count? :samurai: Oooo and I can use nunchakas or how ever there spelled. Bring on the riots i'm ready!

Well no not really but if bullets start flying i'm prolly just gonna lay down and cover my head. Guess when/if it does happen it will test my non-violence philosophy.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Silversoul]
    #4611064 - 09/02/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
At the last Arizona gathering, I got to fire a shotgun. Those things are fun.

I'm not sure I'd trust you with a shotgun. You might shoot your parents' bedroom wall.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: BrAiN]
    #4611517 - 09/02/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of good stories here about people that had guns in their house/business and were able to get them in time.
Use the dropbox to select your state, and read on.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblehongo
Hmmm

Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: daimyo]
    #4611689 - 09/02/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My dad was a gunsmith, i was all my childhood in contact with guns, they are only objects, but they have a nonsense function: Destroy anything in the bullet path.
You all sound fascinated by weapons in a sort of way, i grew up firing them, testing them, reloading them, and seeing them in a daily basis. My dad was also fascinated by them as objects. I used to help him in his gunsmith as a teenager, to get some money to go out at weekends and get the car for a while, till i realized what i was doing. I was reloading bullets, which may ended in someones body, or in some animal, or in some innocent thing in this world, just to have some money for the weekend. I asked my dad about this, and what he thought of it, and he was surprised for my question, because in his wiew of the world guns where totally normal. He didn?t answered clearly, he couldn?t tell if his weapon-shop would be the cause of many deaths in the animal-human world. So i stopped doing the job. And i decided not to have guns, and not to need them in any way. Since then my sorrounding world is peacefull, i feel safe everywhere i go, and i don?t ask myself stupid questions like "what should i do if someone attacks me?" Because there is no motivation to attack me, because i don?t threat anyone. And the most important of it, the weapons are not a part of my life anymore, so they don?t represent anything but childhoods memories, and i?m glad to live in a new reality where i?m really free of all that weapon-crap.
That?s why i dont understand you guys here. You are telling others to buy a gun to protect themselves, when the first attacker is your mind, and there are no terrorist who are interested in your crappy towns, there are lots of wonderfull things awaiting you all somewhere, but you wount see them, and the beauty of it if you carry a weapon with you.
What im triying to say is, that if you buy a weapon, you buy the psychic worries of a weapon-carrier with it. The object (gun) has a psychic influence on your mind, and it attracts other people who have the same psychic charge (guns). So, it is normal, that if you already have one, you also have a motivation to have it, and your motivation is deep inside of you, attracting all this ugly enemies of yours, who for me doesn?t exist anymore.
The enemies you have are extensions of your counsciousness, you have created them yourself, they are you! you are them!
And one more thing: Why would you take mushrooms to discover the cosmic counsciousness and do nothing with all you learned on your trips? or are your trips fullfilled with guns and diying people? Do you like that lifestile of the gangster-GTA? Do you think thats why we live this unique chance of experience in the world? just to shoot at living forms you dont even understand? and you shoot them before you speak, or build a dialogue?
Well, i had a lot of that in the past, but after the mushrooms i decided to change my reality to experience LOVE on this planet, because it is the key to all i ever wanted. Since then i live in peace, and i don?t need to care about some strange thing attacking me from nowhere. Because there is nothing touching or reaching me but love.

So decide guys, do you want to keep living those lives you know, with all the fear they teached you to feel, and all the hate they showed you at school, with all that crap they say it?s life...
Or do you want to live the life you can make? you choose allways. If you choose the gun-lifestyle, you may not see many magical things, because they only work with LOVE.
But if you do get a gun, as soon as you use it, you?ll understand what i mean with "enemies as extensions of your counsciousness", they may even kill you, because you have chosen so.

Good luck on your lives, choose the right things for you, i wish you can really expand and trascend yourselves to higher planes of counsciousness, where weapons and guns are just past, and love and light future.

Love+Light, Hongo

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4613113 - 09/02/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i support the right to bear arms. however is bothers me that the right puts that right above all others. they are glad to destroy speech rights, censor and they want religion and govt fused.  what good are guns if you dont have other basic freedoms? the first ammendment is first for a reason.

Your guns are what you use to take back your rights after the other ones have been eroded.  Check out what happened to the disarmed citizenry of the world after their government took their guns.  gas chambers :smile:

--------------------

David Lane

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: hongo]
    #4613122 - 09/02/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think hongo has got the idea. While you may get attacked by someone with a gun, I dunno. I have been on this planet a while, and I havent....

I know people with guns, even just for personal protection, and they are the ones who come in conflict with other people with guns.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4613195 - 09/02/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hongo said:
My dad was a gunsmith, i was all my childhood in contact with guns, they are only objects, but they have a nonsense function: Destroy anything in the bullet path.

Thats "nonsense"? What if the thing in the bullet path is a gang of looters with baseball bats who want to steal what you've spent your life building?
Quote:

till i realized what i was doing. I was reloading bullets, which may ended in someones body, or in some animal, or in some innocent thing in this world, just to have some money for the weekend.

I'd say that 99.9% of all bullets end up in a back-drop somewhere.
Quote:

I asked my dad about this, and what he thought of it, and he was surprised for my question, because in his wiew of the world guns where totally normal. He didn?t answered clearly, he couldn?t tell if his weapon-shop would be the cause of many deaths in the animal-human world. So i stopped doing the job.

This sounds like bullshit, honestly. If you were reloading ammuntion, you weren't selling it. If you were, you were commiting a felony unless you have a manufactures license. Noone loads ammunition to SELL it. Thats just pure baloney. I reload so that I can have quality ammunition to put downrange.
Quote:

And i decided not to have guns, and not to need them in any way.

What if it wasn't your decision? What if someone broke into your house with a knife? Would you just look at them, say the magic "I don't need guns", and they'd vanish?
Quote:

Since then my sorrounding world is peacefull, i feel safe everywhere i go, and i don?t ask myself stupid questions like "what should i do if someone attacks me?" Because there is no motivation to attack me, because i don?t threat anyone.

Do you think that most women that are raped were don't so because they "threatened" their rapist? That most people wh odie in armed robberies were "threatening" their robbers?
Quote:

And the most important of it, the weapons are not a part of my life anymore, so they don?t represent anything but childhoods memories, and i?m glad to live in a new reality where i?m really free of all that weapon-crap.

If someone stabbed you, would weapons be a "part of your life" again?
Quote:

That?s why i dont understand you guys here. You are telling others to buy a gun to protect themselves, when the first attacker is your mind, and there are no terrorist who are interested in your crappy towns,

Everyone here who lives in NY, alert, terrorists don't care about you anymore! giveupYOUR EVILGUNS.
Quote:

there are lots of wonderfull things awaiting you all somewhere, but you wount see them, and the beauty of it if you carry a weapon with you.

I've seen very beautiful things with my pistol legally carried in the trunk of my car. I've also seen some situations where I was glad that I had it.
Quote:

What im triying to say is, that if you buy a weapon, you buy the psychic worries of a weapon-carrier with it. The object (gun) has a psychic influence on your mind], and it attracts other people who have the same psychic charge (guns).

Could you apply this to the unarmed firemen in NO who are pinned down by snipers in a building? Maybe do it without abusing the b u and i tags?
Quote:

So, it is normal, that if you already have one, you also have a motivation to have it, and your motivation is deep inside of you, attracting all this ugly enemies of yours, who for me doesn?t exist anymore.

Not one gun owner that I know has used their guns in a protective capacity. I know three women who don't carry who were raped.
Quote:

And one more thing: Why would you take mushrooms to discover the cosmic counsciousness and do nothing with all you learned on your trips? or are your trips fullfilled with guns and diying people? Do you like that lifestile of the gangster-GTA? Do you think thats why we live this unique chance of experience in the world? just to shoot at living forms you dont even understand? and you shoot them before you speak, or build a dialogue?

dude, seriously, stop it with the tags. If someone is coming towards me with a gun, i'm not going to get the lube ready for a circle jerk and a group hug.

i'm not even dealing with the rest of this moronic crap.

--------------------

David Lane

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4613300 - 09/02/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the middle ground is important here.

governments do kill innocent people and start up genocides and take rights away. a person who has the philosophy of pacifism may need to contemplate whether they would be willing to fight in a civil war to stop an act of tyranny. if the answer is yes then purchasing a gun and some ammo would be a good idea.

at the same time if you feel paranoid and threatened enough to think every single person and ctizien is out to harm you and you need to kill them before they kill you then you're going to be in an irrational state of mind with a deadly toy sitting by your side, and i do agree that it may bring unwanted attention your way.

guns should be bought by the truly responsible that have weighed their options very carefully.

Also, just fucking take up martial arts if you want to defend yourself, most shootings happen in near-point blank range.... I attended a course with someone who successfully disarmed an armed and firing gunman with only his body, and he had a gun on him which he could have used.

With the proper training the only real gun necessity is if you live out in a rural place where someone might be after you in a LONG RANGE scenario, or if you're going after a tyranny......

here's the thing, if someone points a gun at you, it means they have decided NOT to kill you. It means they are hesitant, that they would prefer non-violence. But if someone wants to kill you, they aren't even going to make their presence known.

martial arts are a better solution to self-defense and then if you still felt like you needed a gun, you'd only use it when you truly had to, making sure that you didn't complicate things or make them worse.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/02/05 04:56 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4616434 - 09/03/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Were you on drugs when you wrote that? Do you live in a gated community?

I suppose there are some places where a gun would not be necessary for protection, but I for one do not live there. If you go out by yourself at night around here you can expect a fight. Plain and simple. I don't care how much you wish and hope these enemies are figments of your consiousness, they are going to knock your teeth out if you can't protect yourself.
And to me, not having a gun in your home is like driving without your seatbelt on.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4616932 - 09/03/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I saw a tractor once that you started by placing a shotgun shell in the starter, and tapping it with a hammer.

That was a fucking masterpiece.

--------------------
This space for rent

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4616952 - 09/03/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

They used something similar to start the Bomber planes in WW II

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: OldSpice]
    #4617028 - 09/03/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"I need a gun, to keep myself from harm
the poor people are starving in the sun.
But they aint got a chance, they aint got a chance...
I need a gun cuz all I do is dance"
-Gorillaz

I don't like guns, wouldn't buy one under any condition.

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #4617183 - 09/03/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thank goodness the Gorillaz bear any importance in this debate.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: You really should buy a gun [Re: Redstorm]
    #4617861 - 09/03/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I own several gun, mostly for entertainment purposes. Some are for hunting. My Tek-9 is just for fun, although it would serve as a defensive weapon if needed. I don't carry any of them around with me, though. For home protection, I have a simple double barrel side by side .410 shotgun pistol. It ain't good for anything but close up work and I don't have to worry about bullets going through walls. I most likely won't kill the intruder(unless he's really close), but he will be injured enough to stop him from doing me any harm.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies