Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Al Sharptons Driver Victim of Profiling
    #4608712 - 09/01/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Link - http://www.scrappleface.com/
Quote:

Sharpton's Driver Victim of 'Velocity Profiling'
by Scott Ott
(2005-08-29) -- The Rev. Al Sharpton, whose chauffeur today led police on a nine-mile chase at speeds up to 110 m.p.h., lashed out at the Texas sheriff's deputy who arrested his driver and impounded his rental car, accusing the officer of "velocity profiling."

"He wasn't pulling over every car on the Interstate," said Mr. Sharpton, who was headed for the airport after leaving Cindy Sheehan's summer home near Crawford, TX. "That deputy made a choice about who he would stop. He discriminated on the basis of certain peculiar characteristics that distinguished my driver from most of the other motorists."

The former presidential candidate said he would contact the American Civil Liberties Union about a potential lawsuit against the Ellis County Sheriff's department.

"I'm not suing for my own benefit," said Mr. Sharpton, "but I have an obligation to stand up on behalf of my brothers and sisters who have been unjustly detained because of this kind of selective persecution."

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion