Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
when will it go away?
    #4608387 - 09/01/05 03:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i quit smoking 4 months ago. i used to smoke every day. now that its been 4 months without smoking, i still feel the same "out of it" all the time. i have wierd lucid dreams all the time, sleep paralyzations and i dont end up falling asleep till 12-3 in the morning. worst of all is i still feel the same like my brain just wont simply recover. why?

Edited by JEDI (09/01/05 03:20 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: when will it go away? [Re: JEDI]
    #4608855 - 09/01/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

not a question for anybody to answer i guess...

OfflineJabbawaya

#4608859 - 09/01/05 04:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's normal to experience REM sleep rebound after stopping frequent smoking, but usually it tends to clear up after a month or two. Are you on any prescription meds right now that you aren't used to, or taking any other drugs?

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: when will it go away? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4608931 - 09/01/05 05:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

maybe some unresolved issues? do you have alot on your mind when you go to sleep?

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: when will it go away? [Re: yousuck]
    #4608944 - 09/01/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dude, use that to your advantage, your on the verge of oobe's

go study up on astral projection and out of body experiences and use the 'sleep paralyzations' as you put it to your advantage, also the lucid dreams are a good thing, no??

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: when will it go away? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4609410 - 09/01/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jabbawaya said:
It's normal to experience REM sleep rebound after stopping frequent smoking, but usually it tends to clear up after a month or two. Are you on any prescription meds right now that you aren't used to, or taking any other drugs?

no im not.

i had a terrifying salvia experience 2 months ago but my sleep problems should of stopped by now too right? well, i dunno.... whats oobe? well, i just hope if i can last a year without smoking pot or doing any drugs than hopefully i will feel better and not be so "out of it" all the time.

Quote:

SerioOria said:
dude, use that to your advantage, your on the verge of oobe's

go study up on astral projection and out of body experiences and use the 'sleep paralyzations' as you put it to your advantage, also the lucid dreams are a good thing, no??

lucid dreams are okay, they dont last too long and i cant get a hold of controlling them i usually wake up when i try to control my lucid dreams (i dont have too much power i guess). and the sleep paralyzations are frightening and always have been. (ive actually had them before i smoked pot but not as frequent until after i quit)

also, i've had many dreams that occured in real life later, like weeks or months. its strange.

Edited by JEDI (09/01/05 07:13 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4609455 - 09/01/05 07:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you need to stop focusing so much on it. Maybe some of the feelings of being out of it are being created in your own mind?? Give that a shot. Also are you getting much excersize?? I would suggest cross-training. It will get you in shape physically as well as mentally. It will help with your sleeping troubles as well.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: when will it go away? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4609543 - 09/01/05 07:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

sleep paralyzations?

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: when will it go away? [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4609603 - 09/01/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

are you positive you are having sleep paralysis?

I've had that twice in my life and both times were the scariest events I have ever lived through.

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Re: when will it go away? [Re: demiu5]
    #4609712 - 09/01/05 08:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone please tell what it's like to have sleep paralysis because I think I might have it.

--------------------

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

#4609734 - 09/01/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just looked it up... and I used to have it. I am pretty sure it had to do with me going to sleep right after ingesting 2.5 grams of cubensis. It is pretty scary, but I also enjoyed the challenge of controlling it, which I could never master.

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4609824 - 09/01/05 08:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

JEDI... try to get some reular excersize everyday and eat right.. take some vitamins and drink plenty of fliuds... let us know in a week if you are still feeling that way :smile:

good luck

--------------------

Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: when will it go away? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4610020 - 09/01/05 09:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

the doesn't sound like its linked to pot... sounds like there is something else 'off' with you. the closest thing to sleep paralysis i have ever gotten was when i sometimes smoke the instant i wake up, and fall back asleep, and forget I'm asleep and I'm dreaming, but i think I'm super 'stoned' (because sleeping is was more of an influence then pot, DUH) and i try to snap out of it, its very lucid, its like I'm dreaming but seeing with my eyes closed and I'm just trying to open them, but i can, then i just snap out of it. but its in the dream where I'm too stoned to move, not real life, because I'm sleeping. personally i kinda like it, it feels neat.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: when will it go away? [Re: riby]
    #4610074 - 09/01/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry, this is not trying to make fun of you or anything...but sleep paralysis is not neat. Anyone I have ever talked to about it, including my doctor, says it is a terrible thing to experience. Sleep paralysis is also something that does not occur when you are sleeping...you are generally awake during the event, even though it doesn't generally last long. Episodes of it, at least multiple times in a row, are also very uncommon, at least according to what I investigated and info from the doc a few years back.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: when will it go away? [Re: demiu5]
    #4610145 - 09/01/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I used to get sleep paralysis quite often and it used to scare the shit out of me until I really researched it. I had also read up quite a bit on astral projection and OBE's(out of body experiences) and now when it happens I'm fully aware of what's happening. I know that you imagine quite a few things, like someone being present in your room with you and hearing noises like someone is in the house, and it's pretty cool now when it happens. It's kinda like tripping because they are basically hallucinations and if you look at them as such they can be interesting just like tripping.

Knowledge was the key for me.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: when will it go away? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4610210 - 09/01/05 10:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

if none of these suggestions work.. ya might manna seek professional help, bro

--------------------

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: when will it go away? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4610782 - 09/02/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ive had sleep paralyzations since i was born. i had a random hallucination in my bedroom at age 11 of a bunch of military soldiers running and falling in my front door (i was sick but still who has hallucinations from just being slightly feverish). i run track every morning started last monday, and i eat normal with vitamin supplements every now and then. (i do drink too much energy drinks though). i have lucid dreams like 3 times a week, and sleep paralyzations 2-10 times a week.

i told my parents about it they, being the realists they are, said i need to get mental help. so i got a doctor and the doctor said it was just a natural phenomenon and theres no way to cure it. so basically everyone thinks im full of shit.

what scares me the most, is the fact that i have dreams that occur later in my real life. its been happening since the farthest back that i can remember, elementary school.

maybe im just some kind of psychedelic human being or something, but i wish i felt normal.

Edited by JEDI (09/02/05 12:49 AM)

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
    #4611986 - 09/02/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know... predicting the future sounds kinda cool. I've had sleep paralysis a few times, and they were usually caused by extremely stressful circumstances. After my girlfriend broke up with me a few months back, I was under a lot of stress and had some trouble sleeping. One afternoon, I must've fallen asleep without realizing it, and I thought I woke up, but I couldn't move. I looked to the side of my bed, and there most definitely was a small gnome standing there ominously. It scared the shit out of me. I do also have lucid dreams quite often. I really enjoy them a great deal.

Aside from the sleep paralysis, and lack of sleep (which might actually even cause the sleep paralysis), there doesn't seem to be a real problem. I would cut down (completely) on the energy drinks because there's a good chance they're causing some sleep problems, and try to relax a little. Are you undergoing a stressful time?

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4612098 - 09/02/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sleep paralysis is really fuckin scary the first time it happens, when you don't know whats going on. I thought I had died and I would be paralized in my dead corpse forever. I find that it usually only happened when I would sleep in.

It still seems to happen to me, but sometimes I actually think I'll dream it, because I'll be able to slightly move and eventually roll off my bed, which doesn't actually happen. When it really happens you can't move at all.

I can't help you with your problems though, sorry man. Just stay off the stuff, but I do agree that you should seek help if problems persist.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: when will it go away? [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4613694 - 09/02/05 08:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

do you meditate? Try some passive meditation (not like meditating for the supernatural, but meditating for the sake of sorting out your mind)

just set a timer for 10-15 minutes, sit in a comfortable position, and once you're in it DON'T MOVE, AT ALL until the timer goes off, pay attention to your mind or body and let your attention just go to whatever it wants to..... generally your body will eventually want you to move it and it'll start making up excuses like your nose itching or whatever, which you just pay attention to and then move on focusing on other things without giving in to the urge.

it'll help disicpline your brain.... generally you count your breaths and try and focus on them, as they are the one thing about you that is semi-permanent and will be there even in the depths of sleep/trance/etc (though if you go deep enough breath and sense will be lost, but i haven't gone that deep really.... on normal occasions)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/02/05 08:57 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience