Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4608035 - 09/01/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ALL of NO is contaminated you cant set up shop in the middle of shit and disease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4608038 - 09/01/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I ment 50,000 sorry....hehe oops

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4608039 - 09/01/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wait.....

do you think NO(New Orleans) is a state?

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4608040 - 09/01/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just watched a press conference. There are plans to have 30,000 national guardsmen in the area within the next couple days.

Alberto Gonzalez was also already trying to reason that posse comitatus will not matter in a situation like this. Active duty army may become law enforcement. There was a movie about a similar situation with Bruce Willis. What the hell was the name of it?
Gaurdsmen are not subject to said act.

This all should be quite interesting in the next week or two.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4608044 - 09/01/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KristiMidocean said:
I ment 50,000 sorry....hehe oops

so right now there is AT least one NAT Guard per 18 people

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: goobler]
    #4608046 - 09/01/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Listening to scanner feed. Armed citizens surrounding police on Canal St. Hmmm....

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: daimyo]
    #4608049 - 09/01/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thats not good

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4608059 - 09/01/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

In December 1981 additional laws were enacted (codified 10 USC 371-78) clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies?including the Coast Guard?especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance) while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: Cowgold]
    #4608062 - 09/01/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

interesting

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4608067 - 09/01/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey earlier you said you are proud of the people over there helping.... I don't want to come across that I am not proud of the people over there risking their own life to help because I am proud. Those people over there helping are what I see American's as. Giving and genorous and compassionate.

I just feel like those people that are helping need help. They are overwhelmed. I saw on the news the other day that choppers were selectively picking who they would save off roof tops. Who needed the help the worst. Who gets to decide whos life is more valuble then another?? there should be plentive of choopers and helpers over there so everyone gets saved not selective people... Thats what angers me.

That made me really sad.How would you feel if a chopper just few by you because you were "selected to live"

--------------------

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4608073 - 09/01/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow how the hell did I get in this fourm?? I thought this was in the pub

--------------------

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4608074 - 09/01/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thats one of the problems. unfortunately there just aren't enough helicopters to evacuate an entire city of people in any kind of efficient timely fashion. it's a logistical nightmare.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4608090 - 09/01/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Who gets to decide whos life is more valuble then another??"
The good lord?

Well it would be nice to have a trasporter beam to save everyone, this is reality. When there is a disaster, people will die. If you had 500,000 choppers flying around saving people, they would probably end up crashing into each other and killing people anyhow.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4608128 - 09/01/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KristiMidocean said:
Hey earlier you said you are proud of the people over there helping.... I don't want to come across that I am not proud of the people over there risking their own life to help because I am proud. Those people over there helping are what I see American's as. Giving and genorous and compassionate.

I just feel like those people that are helping need help. They are overwhelmed. I saw on the news the other day that choppers were selectively picking who they would save off roof tops. Who needed the help the worst. Who gets to decide whos life is more valuble then another?? there should be plentive of choopers and helpers over there so everyone gets saved not selective people... Thats what angers me.

That made me really sad.How would you feel if a chopper just few by you because you were "selected to live"

you ever seen sophie's choice?

sometimes a difficult decision must be made.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4608133 - 09/01/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Now black hawks are dropping down on a highway every 5 to ten mins getting tons of hurt people help. they are doing surgury on some right there on the highway

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4608148 - 09/01/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You brought up the transporter beam... this debate is turning into a bunch of cheap shots!
The gov. is playing catch up and the media is exploiting "news worthy" stories. There's no real way to determine what is really goin on.
I think it's being initiated poorly personaly.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4608149 - 09/01/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is getting soooo widly out of hand. What kind of savage beast do you have to be to fire upon medic choppers? Anyone who shoots at the NAtional Guard or Medics should be put down as quickly as possible.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Re: NO as a starting point for a rebelion against the goverment [Re: afoaf]
    #4608168 - 09/01/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No I have not seen that movie. This is all just really hard to take in. Makes me feel very fortunate of what I have and breaks my heart for the people over there.

--------------------

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #4608229 - 09/01/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Just watched a press conference. There are plans to have 30,000 national guardsmen in the area within the next couple days.

I don't think that's going to be fast enough. The guardsmen should have been there yesterday or even the day before. Unfortunately, I suspect many more people will die before those 30,000 get to NOLA. The Federal government response to this is inexcusable. They should have been able to respond to this situation much, much faster. Plenty of smart people knew such an disastrous event was inevitable. It's simply inexcusable that the Feds didn't have an action plan capable of being implemented within 12 hours of the event.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Edited by jimsuzo (09/01/05 12:57 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4608239 - 09/01/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"You brought up the transporter beam... this debate is turning into a bunch of cheap shots!"
That was not a cheap shot.  I was stating what I believe to be reality.  Do you think it wouldn't be nice to have the beam to save people?  IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! <---now that's a cheap shot :wink:
Seriously though, I'm tired of hearing "they aren't doing enough".  Like we have magic abilities.

"This is getting soooo widly out of hand. What kind of savage beast do you have to be to fire upon medic choppers? Anyone who shoots at the NAtional Guard or Medics should be put down as quickly as possible."

I agree.  But now consider this.  You are homeless, wet, hungry, and armend.  You see National Guardsmen mowing down you neighbors(not knowing they shot at the copter).  What would you do?  I think many people would return fire.  Which is what I am trying to get across.  After the first shot from the government on a civilian, the shit can very easily hit the fan.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order