Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Saw "Psych Out" last week
    #4606721 - 09/01/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I finally saw Jack Nicholson's 1968 movie "Psych Out" last week when I was on vacation.  It was pretty good.  Jack Nicholson's character "Stoney"  :smirk:,  met this girl Jenny  :smile: who's brother changed his name to The Seeker (reference to the Who song The Seeker, no doubt) and disappeared into the psychedelic underground.  The Seeker writes "God is alive and well inside a sugar cube" on his car and other places.  Stoney and Jenny go looking for The Seeker and it leads them to wild adventures.  The music is great because there are 4 songs by the great Strawberry Alarm Clock!  There's a scene in which The Clock performs either Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow or The World's On Fire!  You get to see SAC live in action!  There's also a scene in which Stoney's band performs a song, but it's obviously the studio version of one of the SAC songs I just mentioned.  That was pretty funny. 

At the end there is talk about Sasha Shulgin's drug STP (DOM).  One of the characters says that STP is a combination of LSD, cocaine and something else.  It made  me wonder if that line is actually based on a rumor that was going around at the time.  Jenny, who had not at this point used psychedelics up until the end, tries STP with another character after getting depressed about being shunned by Stoney.  Well you know what happens when you take psychedelics while depressed (not to mention what happens at the end of drug movies that have to have a anti-drug moral at the end in order to be released in the mainstream), Jenny has a bad trip.  Everything is on fire and she freaks out and ends up on the highway.  The hippie who gave her the STP dies trying to save her.  She is then consoled by Stoney, who had dissed her since having had sex with her.  The end.

Check out this song by Strawberry Alarm Clock from the movie.  It's one of my favorite SAC songs.  This song was played in the scene in which Stoney has sex with Jenny.  Check it out.  You will love it...........

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Pretty Song From 'Psych Out' [link1] [link 2]
4.58MB / 3:20

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub