Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
shuold i do salvia??
    #4606013 - 08/31/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my friend is telling me that salvia is cool as hell and perfectly harmless. but ive read u should only use it if u wanna learn or better your perspective and what not, likewise with all psycedellics. he just wants to trip balls lol, is it a good idea to smoke salvia if ur just wanna trip balls, or do shrooms if u just wanna trip balls for that matter? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4606052 - 08/31/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Taking any psychedelic drug just to get fucked up is never the right attitude. A lot of people get seriously hurt this way.

I would not recommend salvia unless you are totally committed to learning more about yourself and potentially having a very frightening experience. You may learn what it's like to totally lose control.

Granted, salvia experiences can be wonderful but all too often people, especially with the wrong mindset, will have very scary experiences. High doses on salvia are utterly alien, and words cannot describe; the salvia experience is unlike that of any other drug out there. It is by far one of the weirdest drugs in existance.

Be aware that this is nothing to frivilously screw around with. If you're going to take it, take it for the right reasons. Be honest with yourself: do you truly believe you're prepared emotionally?

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4606101 - 08/31/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

is it a good idea to smoke salvia if ur just wanna trip balls, or do shrooms if u just wanna trip balls for that matter? thanks

No. It could VERY easily backfire on you and give you the opposite of what your are expecting if you are just expecting to "trip balls".IMO

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #4606116 - 08/31/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Salvia is... interesting. When it works it's common for the very fabric of reality to rip itself to shreds for several minutes of eternity. Some may describe this as "tripping balls", but it's not really recreational. I'd say that more than almost any other psychedelic-like drug Salvia will not permit itself for purely recreational use. You might try it for that reason, and you may come out glad that you did, but if you get a full experience out of it you'll no longer consider it for "fun". The experience itself is short and powerful enough that once you realize what's going on you're already well on your way down.

I'm not going to preach and say that Salvia should be respected. I'll just say that if you don't respect her, don't be surprised if she forcefully demands it herself while she has complete control over all of your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, sensations...

If you smoke some and it works properly it will be a powerful experience, it will be one you will not soon forget, and probably one that you'll be glad you had, but don't expect pleasant or fun.

And yes, physically speaking it's harmless if there's someone watching to make sure that your body doesn't hurt itself while you're under her spell.

Offlinephatclown
Place

Loc: Midwest Michigan
Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: GulGen]
    #4606160 - 08/31/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wtf... I've done salvia quite a few times... I don't know if salvia should be feared like you are saying... To me it really wasn't a big deal but who knows maybe it works differentally on different people.

--------------------
Psilocybin, It's what's for dinner, tonight...

OfflineDeviate
Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: GulGen]
    #4606164 - 08/31/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

id say no, dont try it. the experience is too powerful and shocking. i dont think it is healthy way to achieve spiritual growth for most people ( and certainly not recreational). the people who can handle it and use it properly for spirital growth and exploration are probably the ones who don't need it. i personally don't regret trying it but i could never recommend it to others, it (a high dose) is like complete mental rape and there is no way to anticipate it.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: Deviate]
    #4606208 - 08/31/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

kk thats what i was thinking. il pass on the salvia lol. i think somewhere around xmas il be doing some cubies for the 3rd time. and for the right reasons heh. until then i patiently awate the day i explore the depth of my mind.

OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
    #4606321 - 08/31/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What is Salvia?

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: Muppetz]
    #4606333 - 08/31/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineJJ01769
Out looking formyself
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost in my mind...
Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4606382 - 08/31/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Id say give salvia a try. I took it not knowing what to expect and it was a little scary to start with. As time goes on, you prepare yourself more for the trip you will be having.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: shuold i do salvia?? [Re: JJ01769]
    #4606854 - 09/01/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

salvia is not physically poisonous
it's a short experience
that ranges from terrifying (the fear lasts if you are subject to that)- to magnificent.

unlike most tryptamine and phenylalanine type psychedellic compounds that include some pleasure by default, salvia does not; it is sensuous but the pleasure is up to you - consider set and setting, must be gentle. need sitter

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
    #4606876 - 09/01/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

salvia tore my life into pieces of frightening existence and made me scared of never coming back to normal life again and it felt like eternity in 15 minutes. if you want something like that, sure, go ahead.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag