Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemojav3
Administrator OfProcrastination

What is the damn deal!
    #4606003 - 08/31/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I am having some problems with mushrooms. I have had three "trips" if you want to call it that. My first two were lose doses, they were pretty much a waste. Nothing happened.

My third trip was 3 grams, I had no visuals, no creative thinking, music was bothersome. I had lots of trouble walking and almost no energy. Most of the trip was really bad, I was caught in a endless loop of hell. It was almost like having an anxiety attack for three more hours. I thought mushrooms were to be taken, hallucinations would occur, music would be fun to listen to, and you would have many creative thoughts. This was not at all what I experienced. It was very uncomfortable body-wise and pretty much no fun at all what so ever. What went wrong? I know they are good mushrooms, for a fact.

I prepared myself mentally for the trip and it was still very dissapointing.  :sad:

--------------------
- hunker down you hairy dog -

Edited by mojav3 (08/31/05 11:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: mojav3]
    #4606011 - 08/31/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Do you currently take any medications?

--------------------

Invisiblemojav3

Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4606031 - 08/31/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nope

--------------------

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4606053 - 08/31/05 11:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know the loop, you are talking about, for me, I like to lay down on the floor, with the music at a normal volume, lights, and tv off,
and I close my eyes, and that jumpy anxiety feeling will go away.
You might find a beer or two good for this.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4606079 - 08/31/05 11:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes there's just some "house cleaning" that needs to be done. 3 grams did me in too. It can be a pretty intense "internal" journey, which is what mushrooms are mostly about at higher levels.IMHO
Everything that I don't like about myself was flung in my face for 3 hours. This is what I mean by "house cleaning". The most obvious things come to the front first. If you can acknowledge them and let them go, supposedly the trip will get better. But if you do like me and wish to God that you were straight again for three hours it will be Hell.

Lower doses can help get you back into it and get your confidence in both you and the mushrooms again.

For me, 2 grams tops....for a while anyway.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineJabbawaya

#4606185 - 09/01/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are two things that come to mind. However there may be many other reasons you didn't appear to get the full range of effects.

One might be your expectations. Were you expecting so much more for the trip and waiting for things to happen? Remember, a watched pot never boils. Were you too uptight and couldn't relax? If you were carrying too much emotional baggage, it could have intefered with your trip in a variety of ways.

A while back, early on when I was a lot less responsible than I am now, there was this one mushroom trip I had where I really shouldn't have tripped, but did it anyway. I'm not proud of it. It was a very bad setting. Instead of waiting, I took about 3 grams. However, the whole trip felt like I was on about 1.5 grams. A total waste. It wasn't anything like it could have been if I had the set & setting under control. 3g is a fairly large dose for me, and in any other setting, I would have been tripping very hard. Your mental state and the location you're in have way more to do with the trip than most people think. From that bad experience, I learned a LOT about how important finding the correct set & setting is.

The second thing might be that you had some low-potency mushrooms. Although I find this somewhat unlikely, it's a possibility.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4606212 - 09/01/05 12:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i agree with the above post, mushrooms, or any psychdelic for that matter, isnt about tripping and having fun, its about learning. dont expect to go hang out with friends and do recreational stuff on any drug, because one of two things will happen, the trip will backfire and turn ugly, or whatever divine force behind the drug will abandon you all together and eventually you will find it to be a empty experience and quit, just like how so many people abuse MJ, then eventually get nothing out of it and quit.

perhaps you should sit down alone in a quiet dark room, and drift into a relaxed introspective state. then you will begin to understand what mushrooms are all about. most of all, stop expecting things to happen.

i mean if your getting really bad effects, and are suspicious that maybe the mushrooms are toxic in some way, then really think over your process and try to figure out whats making them that way.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4606882 - 09/01/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

schapper said:
Sometimes there's just some "house cleaning" that needs to be done.  3 grams did me in too.  It can be a pretty intense "internal" journey, which is what mushrooms are mostly about at higher levels.IMHO
Everything that I don't like about myself was flung in my face for 3 hours.  This is what I mean by "house cleaning".  The most obvious things come to the front first.  If you can acknowledge them and let them go, supposedly the trip will get better.  But if you do like me and wish to God that you were straight again for three hours it will be Hell.

Lower doses can help get you back into it and get your confidence in both you and the mushrooms again.

For me, 2 grams tops....for a while anyway.

Well said.  :thumbup:

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4607027 - 09/01/05 04:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jabbawaya said:
There are two things that come to mind. However there may be many other reasons you didn't appear to get the full range of effects.

One might be your expectations. Were you expecting so much more for the trip and waiting for things to happen? Remember, a watched pot never boils. Were you too uptight and couldn't relax? If you were carrying too much emotional baggage, it could have intefered with your trip in a variety of ways.

A while back, early on when I was a lot less responsible than I am now, there was this one mushroom trip I had where I really shouldn't have tripped, but did it anyway. I'm not proud of it. It was a very bad setting. Instead of waiting, I took about 3 grams. However, the whole trip felt like I was on about 1.5 grams. A total waste. It wasn't anything like it could have been if I had the set & setting under control. 3g is a fairly large dose for me, and in any other setting, I would have been tripping very hard. Your mental state and the location you're in have way more to do with the trip than most people think. From that bad experience, I learned a LOT about how important finding the correct set & setting is.

The second thing might be that you had some low-potency mushrooms. Although I find this somewhat unlikely, it's a possibility.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  :thumbup: :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Invisiblemojav3

Re: What is the damn deal! [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4607146 - 09/01/05 06:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I was expecting it to be different. But it was still interesting and pleasant for the first hour. I didn't really think of having "fun" exactly but I was expecting some interesting things.

The first hour went well, for some reason I would literally bust out laughing at the weirdest things, I went outside to look around for some reason, it was dark and I am usually a bit scared to just walk outside in the dark and explore. The stars were very eye catching and I probably looked at them for 15 minutes solid.

I went back inside and decided to watch a movie and everything went awry for some reason. I think I will stay in my bed in the dark next time with some music.

I was concerned that I had no visuals. Maybe I just need to concentrate more.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience