Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: Sycronica]
    #4608588 - 09/01/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Lets say that you wanted to start a new hobby, say, growing mushrooms. Would you want to travel to fifteen little mom and pop stores where they wouldn't have all you needed in stock and have to special order it, or go to a large store that has all of it at lower prices? Hmm, higher prices and less convient, lower prices and more convient. Now I see the evil that is Walmart. I'll be stopping there on my way home.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4608627 - 09/01/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what damage has it done?

it's created more jobs than originally existed,
provided a larger supply of goods and done
all this by charging lower prices than you
were used to.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4608753 - 09/01/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
Lets say that you wanted to start a new hobby, say, growing mushrooms. Would you want to travel to fifteen little mom and pop stores where they wouldn't have all you needed in stock and have to special order it, or go to a large store that has all of it at lower prices? Hmm, higher prices and less convient, lower prices and more convient. Now I see the evil that is Walmart. I'll be stopping there on my way home.

Why do you assume that a small family owned business wouldn't have what you need? Terrible assumption. So we have traded self independence and the satisfaction that comes from running your own business to being forced to work for $7 an hour for a giant corperation.

And these same giant corperations sponcer things like the war on drugs. Which mom and pop stores wouldn't in some cases and in others their support wouldn't make a difference. But when big corperations support something, they can really throw some weight on it. Which creates power for them and politicians play into their hands and forget about us mom and pop people.

I could go on but I suppose it's a futile argument since I am low man on the totem pole in society. We have embraced whoring ourselves out to the highest bidder and I don't forsee it changing. Corperations run america and they don't give a rats ass about the people who work for them and we just keep bending over and taking it. Guess it's less conveinent to have to run your own life, lets just let others make descisions for us so we don't have to.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4608792 - 09/01/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sycronica said:
Why do you assume that a small family owned business wouldn't have what you need?

If small, family owned businesses had what people needed with a convient location and low prices, guess what, Walmart wouldn't exist. Walmart has thrived for ONE reason, guess what it is? It's better !
Quote:

So we have traded self independence and the satisfaction that comes from running your own business to being forced to work for $7 an hour for a giant corperation.

If people are being forced to work anywhere in America, we should take to the streets and uprise. I don't think that a place that lets their employees buy guns and ammo at a discount is 'forcing' them to do anything.
Quote:

And these same giant corperations sponcer things like the war on drugs. Which mom and pop stores wouldn't in some cases and in others their support wouldn't make a difference. But when big corperations support something, they can really throw some weight on it. Which creates power for them and politicians play into their hands and forget about us mom and pop people.

What about when large corporations have blood drives? Matching donations to charities?
Quote:

I could go on but I suppose it's a futile argument since I am low man on the totem pole in society. We have embraced whoring ourselves out to the highest bidder and I don't forsee it changing. Corperations run america and they don't give a rats ass about the people who work for them and we just keep bending over and taking it. Guess it's less conveinent to have to run your own life, lets just let others make descisions for us so we don't have to.

Most corporations offer benefits. The first real job I ever had was working in a hospital. It paid about seven dollars over minimum wage, had full benefits DIRT cheap and reimbursed me every penny I spent on college. This was with no training or education. The next job I had was for a large bank doing in-bound customer service and marketing. It had benefits from the first DAY you started, an on-site 24 hr day care center that was rated the best in the county, paid about 14$ an hour and offered excellent compensation for sales. Then I went back to school full time and worked at Lowes. It paid 9$/hr, gave me a discount, reimbursed my school costs, helped me get loans for school and sold me the materials I needed at cost plus 10% so that I could refab my house and sell it for a nice profit. Now I'm back to taking off a semester and I'm working in a warehouse. I'm making 14$/hour, getting 90 hours a week in, getting my tuition paid off and I have full medical and dental benefits. I'm really not seeing the huge evils of these corporations. I've never been chained to a desk and forced to sew shoes for .04$ a week, never once. Maybe your experience is different.

I just went to the local gas-chain's website. Two companies exist around here that I'd call "large chains". WaWa and Sheetz. Both start out at a few dollars more than minimum wage and both offer health insurance plans. I know that WaWa gives reimbursement for tuition.

Whats the problem here?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4609002 - 09/01/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

*reposted

Not all Looters are the people firing at aid. But some of these "killers" are wearing red shirts...

*You heard the man Kill everyone with a red shirt, OVER!
*roger that!

OfflineVex
Stranger
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: Cowgold]
    #4609063 - 09/01/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

we should brand L's into their arms so every in the future will know that when everyone was desperate for help and needed to work together, they were lining their pockets with jewelery and shooting at rescue teams.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4609183 - 09/01/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
If you build your entire city below sea level, when your RIGHT NEXT to the ocean, you deserve whatever you get.

It wasn't always below sea level. It was built on Mississippi river silt. Because of the frequent floods levees were built. Because levees were built there was no more silt deposited. Due to normal erosion it sank. It's below sea level status is due to the existence of flood control measures. It's a matter of flooding regularly or flooding spectacularly. NO being NO they went for spectacular. That being said, there is no person to blame, just people to help. You decide what you can and will do. I expect nothing but ammo for looters from Alex but that doesn't mean eveybody has to be that way.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Looters in N.O. Should be hobbled [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4609219 - 09/01/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how does a city surrounded by levees sink due to normal erosion?

just curious.

is it the ground settling all around?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies