Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web?
    #4605457 - 08/31/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im going to be renting a new loft in the city within the week. and i am going to be sharing it with lots of artists, and musicians and woodworkers.. lots of people in and out. some people want to leave their equipment and tools there, but are weary of security because so many people will be in and out.

i would like to setup atleast 4 cameras (night vision enabled) that i could have simotaneously record onto tape or a hard drive of a dediecated comupter, as well as broadcast over the web.

i would want atleast 24 hours backed up at all times on the hard disk.

does anyone know of somthing like this?
i would have no problem wiring the cameras to a splitter, and then to a timelapse tape recorder, is there any way that i can have the computer accept an aidio/video feed from somtihng like this?

thanks

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedark9
Lurker
Loc: 00 00 62 D6
Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4605746 - 08/31/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do a search for surveillance or cctv on eb*y. they have lots of great deals on security equipment. lots of security dvr's have network ability. 4 cameras set up to anything less than 15 images per second (ips) with 80 gigs or more would give you close to a week of recording time with no tapes to change. can be pretty $$$ though.

also a cheap way to do it would be a pc with good video card. i have a ati 9700 with a video in ability which offers time lapse and/or motion recording. it doesn't use up too much hard drive space. if you were to go that rout you would need a quad to combine 4 cameras into one split screen or sequence through all 4 cameras in full screen mode. that will allow you to view them all with the limit of one input to your pc. from there just set up a remote desktop from an off site pc.

as for day/night cameras.... you get what you pay for.

hope that helps

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: dark9]
    #4605839 - 08/31/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery dark9!

yeah my brother has a .5 lux camera that is black and white, i think it cost $50 and its a pinhole camera too, resolution isnt that great, but damn its a hell of a deal.

i never thought about the DVr option. that would be a hell of a way to go, also i want to hook up a few power backup modules that i have sitting around so that if anyone was to try anc cut the power i would still have atleast 10 minutes of footage.

any advise on the hardware i would need to split the screen into 4 smaller screens?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4605852 - 08/31/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

since when is the pub google?

I could understand if you couldn't find anything with
even simple searches, but there are so many things
available out there, making a thread like this just
wastes everyone's time.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: afoaf]
    #4605868 - 08/31/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ouch, well i as actually looking to see if anyone had any personal expierence with these things, plus google is just information, here i can have a discussion.

--------------------
PEACE

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#4606732 - 08/31/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

there's so many baby-cam, pet-cam, security-cam, titty-cam
stuff out there....it'll be easy to set up.

word to the wise:

never store your tools in a common area.

keep that shit LOCKED THE FUCK UP.

especially when you're dealing with a bunch of beatnik
artisans.

--------------------

Offlinedark9
Lurker
Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: afoaf]
    #4608972 - 09/01/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
making a thread like this just
wastes everyone's time.

have you read some of the post in the pub?

btw, A place for laid-back discussion on any topic, three post and even i can read that

Edited by dark9 (09/01/05 03:25 PM)

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: dark9]
    #4609080 - 09/01/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i do this on the normal.
but i use a server setup with fedora linux.
then i connect security cameras for companies in stores so they can monitor them via a server locally or remotely.  it would be just the same, just use a web server.

:wink:  if u know anything about linux!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4609198 - 09/01/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hey zipz,

linksys has the type of cameras you are looking for. they do everything you just asked

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#4609203 - 09/01/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

3 posts [no flaming in The Pub].

Banned

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (09/01/05 05:39 PM)

Offlinedark9
Lurker
    #4609232 - 09/01/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

18779 post and you should [no flaming in The Pub]!

Edited by Learyfan (09/01/05 05:37 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4609381 - 09/01/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No flaming or you'll be banned, dude.

zippoz - there is tons of equipment made specifically for this purpose. My dad used to get a catalog with all of that stuff for wholesale prices.. I forget the name of it though. You can get package deals with 4 cameras, recorders, and computer software for like around $400.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: can someone help me with a security camera setup that i could broadcast over the web? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4609552 - 09/01/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im supprised to hera that linksys offers somthing like this. i have aboutd $70 in best buy credit, maybee they can order it for me?

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order