Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Fractural Steam Sterilization (IT WORKED!!!!!!!)
    #4605502 - 08/31/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am currently attempting a fractural steam sterilization. Heres my theory behind this. I soaked wbs for 24 hours (allowing saturation and bacterial germination).Boiled for 20 minutes in the jars (killing that which has germinated). Allowed to set for another 24 hours ( to allow any remaining bacteria to germinate) and boiled for another 20 minutes(killing that which has germinated).

Allowed to set again for 24 hours and boiled for a full 60 minutes.Stopped at 60 minutes because I noticed a 10% cracking of the grain. BTW, my grain mix consists of 3 parts grain, to one part verm. Thank god I added the verm, because Im very happy with the amount of moisture I have.

Just wet enough to allow shaking. Wouldnt it be cool if this works? I know my chances dont compare to a pc, I am just waiting for the regulator to my 30 yr old 22 qrt pc to arrive and I got bored,lol. And unlike alot of others, I will post my results even if they be bad ones.

Edited by FungusMan (09/09/05 03:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: FungusMan]
    #4605602 - 08/31/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You are bored. Damn haha. I doubt it will work just pc them for an hour The End

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4605630 - 08/31/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

while we are on the subject of sterilization check this out, i think you will get a kick out of this fungusman...lol

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0400/sterile.html

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4605703 - 08/31/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, WTF!!! And they call Pagan's wierd! LOL, Modern Christianity supplied by the great creator as a way for others to measure theyre own sanity. LOL. Thanks for the laugh good buddy!

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4605730 - 08/31/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

LOL!!.. yeah i couldn't belive that that crazy shit!...LOL!!

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4605763 - 08/31/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that shit isn't even real... it's just joking on christianity...

--------------------

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: theBRINK]
    #4606207 - 08/31/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Even if it isnt, I know of them doing wierd stuff in my locale anyways. Like the Harry Potter Book Burnings they had here not too long ago.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4638601 - 09/09/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Guess what fellas (and ladies, yes even the hippie ladies), it worked. Due to a low temp incubation, it took a long time, but I am just now seeing SIGNS OF MYC. It actually worked! All 4 pint jars are contam free so far. When enough myc grows that my web cam will pick up, ill post some pics. YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #4638684 - 09/09/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You wont care or do fractional anything when you get a PC

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: OldSpice]
    #4638698 - 09/09/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When I did it, I didnt have a working pc. Point is, I did it without one. Like the "Borg", I adapted. I am still waiting for my regulator for my pc, and I went this route cuz I want a good harvest for Samhain. I will be spawning this to bulk poo.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4640437 - 09/10/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It can work. Just takes a long time and the contam rate is a lot higher than PC'ing. Gotta do what you gotta do,lol  :grin:
Glad it worked for ya. This will really make you appreciate your "new" PC.

How long have they been incubating ?

I thought your PC was bigger than 22 quart. You said it could do 20 jars and was bigger than my "new" one. Which I test drove yesterday and was ecstatic. :grin:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

You gonna check out LRS Fest ?

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: HippieChick]
    #4640541 - 09/10/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fuckin a. If I said 20 quart somewhere else, I wasd just rounding off. And, do you live near Louisville? Will you be there? Me and my gurl were thinking about it. Might go party at my parents farm tommorrow night. Maybe do a lil space camping, lol.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4641085 - 09/10/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well dont get too excited man, you could have just gotten lucky. I borrowed (no im not returning them) two cakes from one of my buds who grows and he went off on this sterilization tangent and how temperature has to be controlled prefectly along with humidity....

fuck that, most of it is extremely unnessecary. Mycelium excretion already has its own form of antibiotic in it. I made two casings doing spawn transfers with my bare hands, in my room, no sterilization of anything, and they are growing flawlessly. Idk, i think your mushrooms luck may be a direct reflection of your karma. Keep up your good life!

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

InvisibleCub_Mycologist
MycologistApprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: TheHook]
    #4641160 - 09/10/05 08:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I did the same man, started to get real lax with my sterilization, and next thing you know i fucked up an whole batch and spent a month with nothing to trip off, so its needed to an extent, just dont get crazy with it. with my last batch I knocked up with spores, when i got done i noticed alot of spores on the plunger, just for shits and giggles i took and filled the syringe with tap water, nasty ass tap water i hardly drink from my more than 100 year old pipes, knocked up 4 jars with it and not a single contam, all came out glorious.

--------------------
"I would never advocate Drugs, Alcohol, and Violence to anyone, but they sure worked for me."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
RIP
"Everything works, it just works better if youre not a jackass." Omnicracker

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: Cub_Mycologist]
    #4649232 - 09/12/05 04:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good to see somebody else trying out fractional sterilization. I think it is still an untapped cheap option. Imagine a 55gallon drum with a $5 element in the bottom, steaming 100's of pint jars.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: blackout]
    #4650067 - 09/12/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

^^^ lol this statement is true.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
Re: Fractural Steam Sterilization [Re: blackout]
    #4650148 - 09/12/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
Good to see somebody else trying out fractional sterilization. I think it is still an untapped cheap option. Imagine a 55gallon drum with a $5 element in the bottom, steaming 100's of pint jars.

Good god, you just gave me an erection.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures