Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Loc: northern europe
Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet
    #4602662 - 08/31/05 06:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A post of miscellanoeus things. :sun:

I have noticed this little annoying thing in me, a strange resistance to all kinds of psychoactives. I have always needed to ingest large amounts of them for them to affect me somehow.

I'm a male, really quite a thin one (55kgs, thats 120 lbs or so). 6 beers won't do a thing for me. 3 grams of mushrooms are barely noticeable. Lately I have been experimenting with 2C-E. All my friends have tripped hard on 15 mgs, I barely notice the effects.

I've been thinking about this quite some time. Is this a physiological or a psychological thing? :confused:

About my visuals on hallucinogens:

During my experiences with psychedelics, I have ever had very little visuals. Some glowing letters here and there, some funny words or phrases but almost no fractals, morphing or any of the 'usual' phenomena. Yeah, it's kinda fun to close your eyes and see phrases like 'Life is Good' fly from one corner to the other. I'm not complaining, it's just a little strange.

Reading has always been a favorite thing of mine, I learned to read when I was 3 years old - this might have something to do with my alphabet hallucinations. :grin: I have always been the auditive type. I live the world through my ears - my eyesight has always been a secondary sense for me. I do lots of music. Listen, play, live it.

The visual side of my brain seems to be underdeveloped or just not as active as other parts. It was 2 years ago when I was talking with my friend after our psychology lessons when it occurred to me that some people can actually imagine seeing something. (:ooo:) I can't remember what my friends look like. I do recognize them when I see them (of course) but if I had to draw any one of them, I'd have no clue.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? (And the carpet wtf?)
Is my brain fucked up?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/31/05 06:27 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Smoke City - a board game about stoners!
Kickstarter opens on 4/20!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: kAAk]
    #4602943 - 08/31/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's strange dude. You say that you can't picture things in your mind. I don't have any clue why that would be, but I'd like to know more. For example, can you picture a blue duck? Can you create a landscape in your mind's eye?

--------------------

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: Revelation]
    #4603049 - 08/31/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I really can't. If I think of what something looks like, it's almost there... for a half a second or so, and then it goes away. For a moment it's close, and then I'm left with total nothingness. As hard as I try, it won't come back again for a while.

--------------------

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: kAAk]
    #4603188 - 08/31/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is pretty crazy, but it actually makes sense to me how it could happen to someone.

Since you are a very audible person, do you tend to get into music more than most people, or are you creative in music at all?

If so, I'd try making music or meditating with headphones on to get the most out of a trip.

Or, uh....try doing nitrous on shrooms.  :drooling:

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4603464 - 08/31/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm similar with regards to audio and visual senses - my audio sense definitely comes first, perhaps as a result of my poor vision.  I can't imagine visually very easily when sober, but that improves dramatically when I'm stoned.  I've been into music since a very young age and I can also very easily apply visual imagination to music whilst stoned too, whether abstract or real things.  I often close my eyes and imagine watching music videos that my mind creates all by itself; most are better than anything on TV.  Do you get anything like this?

If I shroom first and then get stoned whilst tripping, my imagination of the visual music somehow crosses over into my actual visual sense, resulting in an intense "synathesia-like" experience.  I'm reluctant to try it too often given some of the images that my mind creates would be extremely scary if I were to actually see them in front of me.

My thoughts on this were basically this: I do feel that my "visual imagination processing" section (or whatever you want to call it) of my brain is underdeveloped.  I believe that when I'm stoned, some of the dormant visual processing power is "woken up" and allocated somehow to processing audio, perhaps because my poor vision means that all available visual data is already being processed by what is already there.  Just my theory, I have no proof whatsoever. :smile:

I can't say that I know anything about the high resistance you seem to have to psychoatives though.  I would imagine that this is a separate issue from your priority regarding senses.  I guess the standard questions may be asked; on any medication?, did you eat before the trip?, etc.

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: TurricaN]
    #4604067 - 08/31/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Since you are a very audible person, do you tend to get into music more than most people, or are you creative in music at all? If so, I'd try making music or meditating with headphones on to get the most out of a trip.

Or, uh....try doing nitrous on shrooms.

I am a creative one. I have played guitar for 10 years, though I do not consider myself a guitarist, more like a musician. But yeah, as said, I live my life through music. I don't listen to it much though. I have so much music of my own in my head, I don't really need to listen to music that much.

(And god do I hate nitrous for the audio distortions. Some of the worst things you can hear come with nitrous.) :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Re: Strange resistance to psychoactives, unusual visuals and the whole world under my carpet [Re: TurricaN]
    #4604124 - 08/31/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
I'm similar with regards to audio and visual senses - my audio sense definitely comes first, perhaps as a result of my poor vision.  I can't imagine visually very easily when sober, but that improves dramatically when I'm stoned.  I've been into music since a very young age and I can also very easily apply visual imagination to music whilst stoned too, whether abstract or real things.  I often close my eyes and imagine watching music videos that my mind creates all by itself; most are better than anything on TV.  Do you get anything like this?

I can easily transform what I see into music. The best source for my musical inspiration is the Google image search. :grin: Won't go as easily the other way round though.

Quote:

I can't say that I know anything about the high resistance you seem to have to psychoatives though.  I would imagine that this is a separate issue from your priority regarding senses.  I guess the standard questions may be asked; on any medication?, did you eat before the trip?, etc.

No medications whatsoever, I've tripped many times, haven't eaten much, fasted, taken my time, concentrated, definitely haven't been scared or anything - everything points to a physiological thing. I do have a sort of a supercharged metabolism. (Wounds heal really fast etc.) My body destroys the 'toxins' before they can properly do the funky stuff?

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #4604151 - 08/31/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

this is what you go do. dont eat for 12 hours. take 5-6 grams dried of some good mush and see if you dont trip your balls off. just be ready for a ride and have somebody there to make sure you wont hurt yourself. make sure your sitter knows that you wont die and acting crazy is perfectly normal. i can guarantee youll see pictures in your head if you do exactly as i say.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
    #4604179 - 08/31/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What you could do is take a large enough dose to experience synesthesia, and then perhaps you WILL see sounds :smile:

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag