Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecompman
Stranger
Tripping With Dad
    #4603505 - 08/31/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've recently had a discussion about psychedlics with my father.  He is a very open minded person at times...but very hard headed at others.

somehow I have convinced him to try mushrooms with me, and I'm sure he would be open to other psychedelics as well.  but here's the problem...he's sort of an alcholic.  used it his whole life to socialize and cope with his harsh upbringing.  so this makes me think he wont react very well to the experience.  what do you guys think?

also..ive read a bit about ibogaine and ayahuasca...and it seems that these substances might have some good effects on alcoholism...so should I try these with him? maybe mushrooms first you get a feel for the experience or just go all the way because even if he has a scary ass experience with ibogaine...he'll come out a way better person?  just some thoughts.

peace  :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: compman]
    #4603529 - 08/31/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think mushrooms can be just as effective for alcohol as ibogaine or ayahuasca. All 3 will make you face your problems one way or another, it's up to the person to do the right thing when they do come face to face with them.

Other than that, I think it will be an amazing experience for both of you. Make it count, plan it out, find a great place to do it, a great time, and most important of all, make him read up on as much info on psychedelics as he can.

Good luck man, experiences like this you'll both remember for the rest of your lives.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: shpongled1]
    #4603549 - 08/31/05 02:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wow... i'd love to take my dad on shrooms but i guess that will never happend, anyway... First be thankful for having this oportunity and trust shrooms! I think as shpongled1 when it comes to facing issues. Try to get the best from this experience and teach your dad all what you can... u know lettin go, lettin be :wink:

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: shpongled1]
    #4603652 - 08/31/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shpongled1 said:
I think mushrooms can be just as effective for alcohol as ibogaine or ayahuasca. All 3 will make you face your problems one way or another, it's up to the person to do the right thing when they do come face to face with them.

Other than that, I think it will be an amazing experience for both of you. Make it count, plan it out, find a great place to do it, a great time, and most important of all, make him read up on as much info on psychedelics as he can.

Good luck man, experiences like this you'll both remember for the rest of your lives.

Great advice! I'd say go for it. I hope it turns out well!

--------------------

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4603897 - 08/31/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'd recommend holding off on "life-changer" drugs. My firm belief is that people have to hit rock bottom to kick addictions and any sort of psychedelic that will help you kick addictions will throw you to the rock bottom first, before it can help you help yourself.

Leave that for another time. Just follow basic trip guidelines and the rest is up to the mushrooms.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #4604110 - 08/31/05 04:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i used to drink almost daily. started doing mushrooms, realised my drinking habits, and stopped. now a year later i have only consumed around 5 shots of alcohol total. i thank mushrooms for making me realise what alcohol does to you or can do to you. now i just like watching drunk people at parties and knowing that i used to probably be that same fucktard. i wish my dad would trip with me as i would make it an unforgetable experience. good luck!

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
    #4604333 - 08/31/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've tried both mushrooms and ayahuasca, and in my experience ayahuasca is is much more of a "face your problems" kind of experience.

That's just me though. =0)

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: Cakes]
    #4604406 - 08/31/05 06:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have tripped with an alcoholic family member. He loved the trip and afterwards started tripping while drunk. I believe that a person has to recognize they have a problem and want to quit for psychedelic helpers to work.

I hope you have a great trip with your dad and if it helps his problem good, but if it doesn't, try not to be too disapointed.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4604512 - 08/31/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think this will effect him in anyway, go for it! wish i had a dad like that every now and then!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Tripping With Dad [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4605281 - 08/31/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Psychedelics wont automatically "help him realize".

They can provide some background,some opportunities for ego softening where one could convey the message to him like a psychoanalytic talk on a friendly level.

If only it was a "cure all".....

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
    #4605503 - 08/31/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dude,

I'm in the exact same boat with you. Gonna trip with my dad soon (he's a bit of an alcholic too). We are gonna go on a camp trip, take a long hike, this way his mind set will be clear of worries and he will be relaxed (so basically set and setting are great), then we will partake in the sacred shrooms. this way I figure the chances of him having a bad trip are minimised, just my opinion.

Quote:

compman said:
I've recently had a discussion about psychedlics with my father.  He is a very open minded person at times...but very hard headed at others.

somehow I have convinced him to try mushrooms with me, and I'm sure he would be open to other psychedelics as well.  but here's the problem...he's sort of an alcholic.  used it his whole life to socialize and cope with his harsh upbringing.  so this makes me think he wont react very well to the experience.  what do you guys think?

also..ive read a bit about ibogaine and ayahuasca...and it seems that these substances might have some good effects on alcoholism...so should I try these with him? maybe mushrooms first you get a feel for the experience or just go all the way because even if he has a scary ass experience with ibogaine...he'll come out a way better person?  just some thoughts.

peace  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience