Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
Very new to mushrooms, few questions
    #4599028 - 08/30/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The other day my g/f and I took out first mushrooms, we split a 1/8th I really did not notice all that much, got a bit tingly and we could not stop laughing, we were outside at a camp fire. Did I take to little? How much should I take for a good trip. Also it seemed to take about 1.5 hours to kick in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: Muppetz]
    #4599054 - 08/30/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man, welcome to the shroomery!

Sounds like the mushrooms weren't very potent. I've tripped very nicely from half an 8th.

The standard dose is 1/8 so you should probably try that next time and take it from there. They should take about half an hour to kick in if you chew them well.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: shpongled1]
    #4599106 - 08/30/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i agree.. id eat atleast 1/8.. anywhere to close to a quarter.. but 1/8 should make u trip pretty hard for a newbie.. and as he said.. welcome to the shroomery, this is a great place!

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4599297 - 08/30/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery mupetz. half an eighth should have got you somewhere. but if i was to wager i bet you didnt prepare for it properly. when you take shrooms you need to take them on an empty stomach or the effects will be greatly diminished. and definatly dont take over an eighth untill you are comfortable tripping and ready for a ride.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4599680 - 08/30/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd also reccomend u get some reefer for next time, it's awesome once you start coming down... atleast in my oppinion and all the friends I've tripped with.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4599729 - 08/30/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PerfectlyDefectd said:
yeah i agree.. id eat atleast 1/8.. anywhere to close to a quarter.. but 1/8 should make u trip pretty hard for a newbie.. and as he said.. welcome to the shroomery, this is a great place!

I think an eighth makes most of us here trip pretty hard :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: Kerr]
    #4599771 - 08/30/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ya, I took an 8th of decently potent mushrooms my first time and I'd say it was the perfect strength trip, strong enough to completely rattle my reality, but not strong enough to reduce me to whimpering in a corner, in the fetal position :smile:  I came close though hehe :smile:  but I say, if u're gonna do something, do it right.  If you do it half-assed, u can at best have a half-assed trip.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #4600019 - 08/30/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shpongled1 said:
Ya, I took an 8th of decently potent mushrooms my first time and I'd say it was the perfect strength trip, strong enough to completely rattle my reality, but not strong enough to reduce me to whimpering in a corner, in the fetal position :smile:  I came close though hehe :smile:..... 

I'd have to agree there, I think it is my sweet spot, although potency does vary. Not to mention I do find 2 gram(dry) to be a very introspective place for me. :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: Kerr]
    #4602609 - 08/31/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Then 1/8th it is! Will go get more, have 1/4 atm but was going to split that 3 ways. Also I will be brining some pot, what effect does that have to the trip?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4602631 - 08/31/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Whoa whoa whoa guys!

A poll among 855 Shroomerites has shown that they on average use 2.15gr (say two-thirds of 1/8oz) about once every two months. And they in fact on average recommend the same dose.

The 1/8oz people are very vocal, but the majority of Shroomerites only takes two-thirds of that dose.

Quote:

we split a 1/8th I really did not notice all that much, got a bit tingly and we could not stop laughing, we were outside at a camp fire.

Your dose was fine, it's just that your laughing blotted out more interesting effects. If you stay on the same dose it will become increasingly more interesting.

Personally I recommend doses no higher than 1.5gr (or half an 1/8) because sometimes they can be extremely potent and that can be uniquely unpleasant.

With Cubies it's half or double:
They on average contain 6mg/gr, but it usually varies between 3-12mg/gr.

Just stick to half an eighth the both of you and learn to appreciate its effects. You can always dose higher but you cannot take the shroom out of your skull once it's in there.

So I'd say use half an eighth. If you want to do more, use two-thirds of an eighth, but not more. 1/8oz can hit you WAY too hard, in fact 1/16 can too, it just is less likely to do so.

I'm a veteran of 12 years use, i've used 6 gr and even 12gr, but nowadays it's strictly 0.25-2.5gr for me. "More is better!" is a big fat lie when it comes to mushrooms. It just gets more extreme and more confusing much of the time.

Mushrooms are nothing like Alcohol but think of this: Imagine a roaring beer-party with your buddies. Now imagine you sitting alone, totally bombed, with a bottle of Jack Denials in yourt lap. In the second case you've got all the drugs you can possibly gulp down. But is it better?

Tread lightly. I'd say stick to 1/16 or take 2/3 of an eighth tops. Learn to appreciate it.

In your first year (10 trips or so) you'll be discovering unknown territory anyway and you got to know you can TRUST the Shroom before you throw yourself deeply into it.

1/8 is too much for a newbie.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: Asante]
    #4602713 - 08/31/05 07:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm.. So ya think 2/3 of a 8th would be pretty nice eh? Would like to see some visuals, since last time I didnt notice anything.

Nother question, say you triped last week, then do it again this week, would the effects be stronger since there is still some of it in your system from last time?

Edited by Muppetz (08/31/05 07:40 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4603050 - 08/31/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Everything comes to he who waits ^_^

Quote:

So ya think 2/3 of a 8th would be pretty nice eh?

No, 1/100 oz can be pretty nice, 2/3 of an eighth can be most excellent!
Trips are very variable. You can have a lousy trip on a lot or a wonderful one on a little. The dose isn't too important, except that it shouldnt be too little and it shouldn't be too much.

Research has shown that the average Shroomerite uses about 2/3 of an eighth for a trip. Now I'm still working the numbers on that, but you can say that 850+ Shroomerites in 10.000+ trips averaged about that amount when it comes to cubies. That is pretty potent data!

Personally I'd say stick with 1/16 but if you listen to the masses then 2/3 of an 8th would be your best bet, meaning your 1/4oz will provide exactly 3 trips, so how about you and your GF inviting a dear friend over? Three people is a great number to trip with.

Quote:

Nother question, say you triped last week, then do it again this week, would the effects be stronger since there is still some of it in your system from last time?

Au contraire mon frere!
If you use after a week it *seems* like it is exactly as strong. In reality it will be, but if you dose every week your trips might either provide you with problems or in the long run become permanently less interesting.

So to avoid getting weird and your trips becoming a bore its advisable to trip far less often. How far? Well the average Shroomerite trips about once every two months on 2/3 x 1/8. This shouldnt be clockwork but now you know the "norm". And whats interesting is that people actually tend to trip infrequently *without any effort on their part* so in itself it is not addictive.

If you really must use it frequently a few times then please space those few times no closer than two weeks apart.
It's what the Ayahuasca Churches do with their sacrament.

About visuals: You can see plenty on that dose if the time is right. You must however remember two things:

1...You are learning to see visuals. That means all the gourmet shit isnt there yet: your brain has to learn how to do it properly and the visuals will become increasingly beautiful. Close your eyes or watch the carpet, soil, moss or grass. Stare, and it will come.

2...Visuals are a *side effect* of the trip. A beautiful side effect but if the visuals are a breeze, the mental trip is a storm. Most of the trip is psychologic. You can have wonderful adventures or go through hells, both of which still unimaginable to your virgin little mind :wink:

To avoid the Hell part of it I strongly advise you to study HARD before tripping again. Dont take too much, don't take it in public or in a place where you cannot be loud and weird at the same time.
Don't trip alone, yet. Study trip reports to see that even the most wild, bizarre and direly intense trips still tend to have a smooth positive outcome within a few hours.

In your first trips you got to:

--check out what it is
--whether you fancy it
--whether you TRUST it

because tripping is something that will be important in your life if you choose to do it. The Shroomery, Erowid and many websites that turn up the word "entheogen" if you google are usually a good place to start.

Everything comes to he who waits, and fools go rushing in!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: Very new to mushrooms, few questions [Re: Asante]
    #4603276 - 08/31/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree that half an 8th can give you a solid, completely satisfying trip. In some ways like you said, more satisfying than a large dose trip. However, the potency of the mushroom is in question here since last time he did not trip as much as he wanted to.

So how about a compromise. Get yourselves an 8th each and then start off by eating half of it. Wait an hour and see where you are, if the mushrooms prove to not be very potent, you can eat the other half, or half of it, or whatever YOU feel comfortable at that time. That way you don't get stuck not tripping again.

IMHO: I'm really glad I started with a full 8th because the trip was just strong enough for me to not feel in complete control. That made me be on my toes for most of the time so I was constantly being careful. I learned such great respect for the mushroom because of that. If I had taken less I might not have understood their real power.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
    #4603729 - 08/31/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well know I know how much to take, is it ok to smoke at the same time? If so when? and what does it do?

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
    #4603791 - 08/31/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Only you can decide whether it's OK to smoke while on shrooms. Definitely get weed so IF you want to smoke you can. I would reccomend you wait until you start coming down to start smoking, but again, do it when you feel is right, and if it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

I can tell you what it does to me personally, but I won't generalize it to everyone. For me when I smoke when I'm coming down, it brings me up a little bit, and the closed eye visuals get more vivid. It is also (for me) a familiar feeling so it helps "ground" you.

Terence McKenna used to start rolling joints as soon as he ate his mushrooms, and kept rolling them until he started coming up, then he used them to deal with the trip easier since he was into rather large doses.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4604518 - 08/31/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery!

just doesnt sound like you ate enough and they werent potent enough in my opinion.

i never ate half of a eighth before, always a eighth. so i couldnt help you there, but i could imagin my half eighths would defiently do some damage still!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies