Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
is everything ok?
    #4602585 - 08/31/05 05:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hear many people say (including myself) that everything is ok.

some thoughts that I have is that this universe is so huge and we are so small that we are nothing but "dust in the wind"  insignificant as a species...but is that the entire picture?

We are also a part of the universe, how vast it is, and thus do play out a role...but is the "role" that important?  maybe it's because important is an idea that we want, but can never have.

is it what we do...or how we do it that matters most?

I would say both and neither.  what you do effects others, but how you do it effects others as well.  or maybe I only effect myself and try to blame others for any suffering that I have.  Maybe when I get mad, it's a result of me instead of outside.

existence...subjective...objective...all definitions are constructs of our own mind.  if this is the case, does this make it valid.  is valid valid?  :smirk:

are there just events or single happenings...one event maybe?  :wink:

christ consciousness...evolution...for what?  so the sun will gobble this planet up in billions of years to come? 

if we all die out tomorrow, does what I or anyone say today serve any purpose?

what we do and see echoes out through eternity, each action is really not an action at all...

people are suffering around the world yet we are all one?

then again, things come and die out constantly, so maybe form isn't the name of the game.

so I ask again...is everything ok?  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: is everything ok? [Re: kaiowas]
    #4602673 - 08/31/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's ok.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: is everything ok? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4602715 - 08/31/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

when the old dinosaur flight or fight brain winds up getting disassociated from the here and now that poses no actual immediate threat to survival because the time bound, rational mind is tweaking
one might interject a motherly "everything is ok" in hopes to reboot their nervous system, bottoms up...
at least i've found :smile:

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4602767 - 08/31/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

life is comprised of an infinite number of moments, where sometimes everything is ok, and sometimes everything isn't ok. most people try to have as many of those moments when "everything is ok" as is possible for them. it's makes them happy. sometimes what someone does to make everything ok from their point of view, makes everything not ok from someone else's. and so it is.

it's like the state of ok-ness is always on the move. cause and effect... time... life... death.... change.

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4602936 - 08/31/05 09:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

no...

Obviosly.. what is not OK, is not..

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: is everything ok? [Re: Pmog]
    #4603520 - 08/31/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

> life is comprised of an infinite number of moments

... and yet there is only now. Such is the beauty of life.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: is everything ok? [Re: Seuss]
    #4603582 - 08/31/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

impossible to grasp
a pleasure to glance

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePmog
I's

Re: is everything ok? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4603753 - 08/31/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

HOLY fuck,. that was beautiful!..

"""" " " life is comprised " " """""

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

--------------------
--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4604183 - 08/31/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Woot ? Sky is opening, Pandora's box released, hell's unlocked, apocalyptic riders on their ways, and you ask...everything ok ? OOkkk ? OOOKKKK ??

Heh, just joking..things go, as they were supposed to...hehe, as ever :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: is everything ok? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4604652 - 08/31/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"heh, just joking..things go, as they were supposed to...hehe, as ever"

:sun:

this post was more about definitions in our own mind and how we attach our own emotions and ideas towards these definitions.

in order to create a beautiful "outer" world, does one have to create a beautiful "inner" world first?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePmog
I's

#4605428 - 08/31/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Perfectly Perfect!

:smile:

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4605504 - 08/31/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's ok; life has no foresight beyond our basic selfish needs, so the future is irrelevant. Humans don't really care about the end of the universe like they care about simple dust in the wind such as food because they weren't programmed to care.

And the universe doesn't care because the universe isn't a conscious animal.

So everything's alright in the end.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: is everything ok? [Re: Ravus]
    #4605520 - 08/31/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

as long as were still breathing, everything is fine.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: is everything ok? [Re: Ravus]
    #4605856 - 08/31/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

It's ok; life has no foresight beyond our basic selfish needs, so the future is irrelevant. Humans don't really care about the end of the universe like they care about simple dust in the wind such as food because they weren't programmed to care.

And the universe doesn't care because the universe isn't a conscious animal.

So everything's alright in the end.

i remember at the end of every relationship, where either the girl didn't want to see me ever again, or vice versa, i always felt like i had this option, to say something kind, or something cruel.

i always chose saying something kind. i figured, this person doesn't affect me anymore. this person won't be part of my life. i can do whatever i want with this person and it will have no consequences for me. each time i felt like saying something kind.

like if i had a magic toggle switch that said, when i die, the universe will continue on without me, or the universe will destroy itself so no one else has a chance at life, or else leave this to chance- i'd choose the first option.

deep down, i think i care. dunno if its from my parents and how i was raised or what. but basically deep down i think i really do care.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4608838 - 09/01/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

in order to create a beautiful "outer" world, does one have to create a beautiful "inner" world first?
Goood question.
I think, there's a constant exchange of beauty from inner to outer and outer to inner.

We have problems to reach over the boarders of inside beauty like outside beauty to determine where it's created from.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: is everything ok? [Re: rod]
    #4608864 - 09/01/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rod said:
as long as were still breathing, everything is fine.

as soon as i stop breating everything is ok, serious, when i pass out from holdin my breath i dont have to think bout ne thing... j/k

nah, im ok, ive tried to just tell myself to enjoy what i got cus it wont be here very long, just enjoy what moments i can spare, and when a bad one arises, just live with it and make the best of it

but there have been bad times for me

Quote:

Goood question.
I think, there's a constant exchange of beauty from inner to outer and outer to inner.

We have problems to reach over the boarders of inside beauty like outside beauty to determine where it's created from.

i believe we do have to create a beautiful inner world to have a beautiful outer one, but it is limited to how one deals with the reality of the outer world rather than just how good their 'inner' world is

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (09/01/05 02:59 PM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4613398 - 09/02/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:

so I ask again...is everything ok?  :sun:

Although a bit confusing, this is a great post. What matters most are not the answers but the questions. I'll try to bring some personal answers but they are worthless compared to the individual interrogations that this post hopefully contributed to.

First of all, I like to think that, in the same way butterflies in Asia can cause hurricanes in America, what we do on Earth can affect the rest of the universe. We are all connected here on Earth to what some would just call Gaia, and this unity "Gaia" is itself connected to all other unities in the universe.

So personally i think that when we ask if everything is ok, which is something i would say yes to, its an interrogation related to our personal situations and their relation to the unity of our planet. Its source is both egotistical and not. Because obviously the fate of our planet is related to our own.

Right now, alot of us are unsure if we are going down the right road, both individually and collectively. And today we feel that the future is totally uncertain, we are advancing in a shadowy path, we hear that our planet is very sick and polluted, we hear about possible ecological or economical disasters, like the dangers of global warming or the end of our ressources of oil. And as we are all coming more and more together, by means of technological advances in transportations or in communications,  we realize that we have no idea what the future holds for us, we realize that we are not in control of the destiny of our litle blue home, and this worries us.

The conditions in which we find ourselves are like a wake up call, at least for those who are actually able to observe them. And i'm tempted to say that we are all subconsciously aware of these conditions. The "divine" part of us knows what's going on. And as our capacity to experience and learn (which IMO is what we were put here to do) is being threatened by these conditions, there arises a need for better conditions to be installed. And I think there is a plan for us, what some would call the "divine plan". As we are becoming more aware of the universe, so is the universe becoming more aware of us (kinda ties along with "if you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back at you").

And this plan is being slowly but surely put in motion for us, and that is why everything will be ok, but only because we want everything to be ok. I think deep inside of us we all want to move forward, and i think our desires shape our world.
Its just this uncertainty about the future that worries us, but everything will be alright!

MAIA knows all about how everything will be ok! Right MAIA?  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4613474 - 09/02/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's all copacetic. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4614482 - 09/02/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes

and no.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom