Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use??
    #4600822 - 08/30/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i herd that harvard studies proved that weed makes u "stupid" fpr two weeks after use but then wares away. if anyone else has herd such a thing could they possibly embelish on the word stupid, and maybe as to why this would happen, or if its even true or not? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephatclown
Place

Loc: Midwest Michigan
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4601004 - 08/30/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I took my act's and I smoke on a regular basis... Got a 32

--------------------
Psilocybin, It's what's for dinner, tonight...

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: phatclown]
    #4601184 - 08/30/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah its true. weed can have affects on memory and cognition which last up to a month after cessation of use (assuming you were a heavy user).

Edited by porcupine (08/30/05 09:35 PM)

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: porcupine]
    #4601198 - 08/30/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Its because of the residual build up of thc in your brain. And it really isn;t noticeable unless you smoke twice a day.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: ThePredator]
    #4601288 - 08/30/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i notice it

i didnt smoke today im fucking dumb.

Offlinerainbowlight
Stranger
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: memes]
    #4601465 - 08/30/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i was smoking rather heavily for a few months and was getting pretty damn stupid. it's been atleast a month since i quit and am getting noticably better, but still aren't as sharp as i used to be :P

--------------------
the bounty of life lies in thy breast

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? *DELETED* [Re: rainbowlight]
    #4601527 - 08/30/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by sandman_130

Reason for deletion: dumb post

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflineSuburbanLife
Stranger
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: sandman_130]
    #4601556 - 08/30/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i smoke at least 2 grams a day for years now...

and honest to god... it really does make you stupid, it feels as if the back of my brain is numb, and i dont really have the ability to think deeply anymore

its not that bad... ive always been a smart fellow so my general thinkinhg skills arent bad at all, its just hard to think really hard

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: SuburbanLife]
    #4601614 - 08/30/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Lol u guys are funny. I used to be a heavy smoker. I rarely smoke now a days. I find that marijuana doesn't make you stupid, but rather less motivated I find. Memory function is possibly weakened but I don't find it to the point of retardation. Of course you can make yourself very smart in memory if you force yourself to remember everyones name. I trained my brain to memorize everyones name (which I couldn't do before). The brain is all about pushing it todo more. With marijuana you are less motivated to do so. Plenty of smart individuals smoke marijuana, it doesn't make them purely stupid. It tests it has compared IQ drop points of Marijuana smoking to mutlitasking in the Office environment. The test stated that checking email constantly intrupts the workflow causing less cognitive brain function. So marijuana, at least in controlled doses is only a slight cognitive brain inhibitor if used responsibly. Now these tests were obviously done on adults, so children might have increased effects of marijuana.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineFloydexperiment
Stranger

Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4601675 - 08/30/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just love it when people hear things like "HARVARD" studies or "PRINCETON" experiments and what not have shown that this was true. And these statements are like the 10 commandments all of a sudden because it was done by some ivy league school. I m not gonna discuss where i stand on this issue because i have never been a heavy smoker but i just figured it would be nice to share a little humor.

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Floydexperiment]
    #4601807 - 08/30/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe if ur a heavy smoker, but not just 2 weeks after "use." Smoked a couple classes before a history test and aced it. Maybe if you smoked a hell of alot tho. No matter how much I am smoking I keep my goals in mind and always stay motivated.

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

OfflineDeviate
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: CUBErt]
    #4601826 - 08/30/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok, just to clarify "stupid" is not a scientific term. yes, marijuana can have residual affects on the brain but it's going to turn an intelligent person into a complete moron. it may just impair their memory and thinking to a degree. ive smoked a lot of marijuana and i dont think im any "stupider" than i was before i started, if anything id say i'm smarter. however while i was a heavy user i noticed negative affects on my cognition as well. for example i found it extremely difficult to solve complex math problems and got a terrible grade in a relatively easy math course as a result. i was also less motivated to study and preffered getting high and listening to music all the time instead.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Deviate]
    #4602615 - 08/31/05 06:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you have used pot daily for years and then quit, you're getting brighter and more active during the first three months after quitting which to me means regular postsmokers are under a (usually very small) degree of influence 24/7.

We also noticed (which most stoners can if they pay attention to it) that the rest of day just isnt the same after you used even a bit of pot. You tend to be a bit lazy and slow and memory is a bit impaired. Residual effects are very real.

What worries me about the regular pot thing is that a few ex-daily users i know all have lasting impairment of shortterm memory, making prolonged reading or watching a two-hour documentary more difficult.
It is striking to note that on the Shroomery boards there is a very high number of people who experience difficulties with reading any post beyond ten lines.

Could chronic heavy use of pot be detrimental to memory? The jury is not out.

Its far better to use primo quality drugs once in a while than to use run-of-the-mill quality drugs frequently, that goes for pot too.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Asante]
    #4602646 - 08/31/05 06:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I find that when I have periods where I smoke heavely, I get a significant 'dulling' effect. I realized that I don't think about things as 'sharply' as I use to.

However, I wouldn't consider this a state of stupidity. It's more a state of less motivation, which sort of leads to less critical thinking. I still did fine in school and I didn't notice any significant loss in long term memory.
Short term memory seems to be a bit foggier, though. I would get stuck on small words when speaking and it was quite a bit harder to dig out my usual vocabulary, which would be replaced with shorter, more to the point sentences.

Regardless, I think it's a very real situation. Pot most definitely 'slows you down', but that doesn't necessarily mean it makes you stupid. Some people, IMO, need to slow down and chill out.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Veter]
    #4603310 - 08/31/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone have any links or articles that deal with this topic?

--------------------

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Veter]
    #4603330 - 08/31/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I started smoking daily right as I started my 1st year in college, a year later I still smoke daily and I think it's all in your mind. Yes it can make u lazy, but you can be lazy on your own as well. Ya ur memmory can be a little impared, but you can train yourself to get over it.

I love reading, i can get lost in a book for hours regardless of whether I'm sober or stoned. my GPA this year is slightly less than my high school GPA which I think is good becaue I"m an engineer and all our classes are pretty damn hard. When I go to physics discussions high, I can do the problems better than if I'm sober. I can visualize how the scenario plays out and I can deduce how to represent it in equation form much better. I find marijuana useful in almost all areas of school, if used correctly. In all honesty i did get baked as shit most of the time and then of course couldn't study, but I think marijuana won't have an effect on your intellect if you don't want it to. It'll give u an excuse for getting lazier and dumber, but u'll be the one causing it, not the weed.

Or perhaps my case is different since I"ve always seen pot as mostly a thinking aid... I've come up with some of my best ideas really high. I smoked every night of finals week after finnishing reviewing and I think it actually helped me by relaxing me and letting me wallow in the material in my mind... let some ideas ferment hehe.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: shpongled1]
    #4603699 - 08/31/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my friends brother smoked at least once a day for 2 years and he got honor throughout the year.before he smoked he was an f student.and my friend smokes and gets straigh a's,he doesnt every day but still

Offlineshpongled1
Shroomer
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: unearth]
    #4603808 - 08/31/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I say, if you treat marijuana with respect, it will treat you with respect as well.

--------------------
"Why not?"
-Last words of Tim Leary

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: shpongled1]
    #4603887 - 08/31/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Weed doesn't make me feel stupid really, it just slows me down. I can still think clearly but seem unable to put thoughts into words. I just got back from a six day vacation in Jamaica where I got totally drunk/stoned every night, and I didn't feel stupid at all when I came back to normal life.

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: proven that weed makes u "stupid" for 2 weeks after use?? [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4604168 - 08/31/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

HerWell while your talking about pot making you stupid try reading this

http://www.maps.org/pipermail/maps_forum/2002-April/004255.html

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder