Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Looting gone wild [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4600857 - 08/30/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You have to approve of the balding, looting, Hulk Hogan-resembling man. No matter what. But if it's a mom-and-pop store he's looting, kill the dastard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Looting gone wild [Re: bukkake]
    #4600866 - 08/30/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Leee derrrr

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4600899 - 08/30/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well from the looks of everything I seen in the news people were banding together pretty nicely down there. :sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4600912 - 08/30/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's highly unlikely that someone would kill over something that is insured.
Small and large companies alike will have insurance... the bank they are in debt to require it. A business without insurance is most likely rare to the common looter.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looting gone wild [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4600916 - 08/30/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The news is like the Bush conspiracy channel how could you trust it?? ;o) Thats what they wan't you to think.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looting gone wild [Re: Cowgold]
    #4600925 - 08/30/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well you guys obviously have no grounding in reality. In real life people do kill over what is there's. Especially in natural disasters. Insurance could take years if ever to pay off. Its not guaranteed.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4600934 - 08/30/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

At a Walgreen?s drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.

When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, "86! 86!" ? the radio code for police ? and the crowd scattered.

Quote:

Around the corner on Canal Street, the main thoroughfare in the central business district, people sloshed headlong through hip-deep water as looters ripped open the steel gates on the front of several clothing and jewelry stores.

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.

"No," the man shouted, "that?s everybody?s store."

Quote:

A man walked down Canal Street with a pallet of food on his head. His wife, who refused to give her name, insisted they weren?t stealing from the nearby Winn-Dixie supermarket. "It?s about survival right now," she said as she held a plastic bag full of purloined items. "We got to feed our children. I?ve got eight grandchildren to feed."

Quote:

Police commandeer pharmacy
At a drug store on Canal Street just outside the French Quarter, two police officers with pump shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water.

"This is for the sick," Officer Jeff Jacob said. "We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law."

Another officer, D.J. Butler, told the crowd standing around that they would be out of the way as soon as they got the necessities.

"I?m not saying you?re welcome to it," the officer said. "This is the situation we?re in. We have to make the best of it."

Quote:

The looting was taking place in full view of passing National Guard trucks and police cruisers.One man with an armload of clothes even asked a policeman, "Can I borrow your car?"

:heart:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9131493/

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #4600946 - 08/30/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Obviously, I'm on drugs cause I can't hack reality.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4600947 - 08/30/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Well you guys obviously have no grounding in reality. In real life people do kill over what is there's. Especially in natural disasters. Insurance could take years if ever to pay off. Its not guaranteed.

I understand this well. It is natural instinct to protect your family and your interests. However there is a lot of aid going on down there and everybody is pretty much in the same boat. Therefore everybody becomes family for a short time.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4600952 - 08/30/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So if all that happened in full view of national guard do you think they would do anything if someone shot them over it?? No its lawless. If you came in my show stealing my beer I would shoot you between the eyes and the National Guard wouldn't do shit about it just like they didn't do shit when the saw you try and steal it. That's what I am trying to convey a sense of lawlessness that is there.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4600958 - 08/30/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
That's what I am trying to convey a sense of lawlessness that is there.

Totally understand what you're saying. I would probably do the same if they came in trying to loot beer. That is not a necessity. If somebody came in looking for diapers that is a very different situation. I have a little girl and I can relate as I'm sure many shop owners have children and families. However I'm trying to convey that one of the only times people come together in this country anymore is when they are in very very shitty situation together.

--------------------

Edited by mattzdope (08/30/05 08:58 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4600964 - 08/30/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

True but now we have Wally world asking for donations. Supposedly we should trust them to give the money to the victims.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4600971 - 08/30/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck that. hah. :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #4601008 - 08/30/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

to see a city that was without law livcing on survival of the fittest is why i want to be in the path of the next big hurricane that comes through. being in a situation like this would be one of the high points of my life. i would be looting and giving food and necisites away to whoever needed them.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looting gone wild [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4601020 - 08/30/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

robin flood

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4601028 - 08/30/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You better bring one of these then.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4601048 - 08/30/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, there are about 10 guns within 10 feet of me right now, shame they arent mine. alghough once i have some money i plan on buying an extensive amount of weapons... including some flash bang grenades if i can get my hands on some.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #4601063 - 08/30/05 09:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Most businesses don't deal with damaged goods anyway and with a storm of this magnitude it's too easy to claim a total loss with your insurance. If there's the slightest defect they'll claim it under their insurance... anyone with a business should be smart enough to just relax and focus on their survival for the next few weeks, business is fine.

If you try to loot a jewelry store or something that holds it's value real well you'll prolly get shot.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Looting gone wild [Re: Cowgold]
    #4601083 - 08/30/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if anyone was that concerned with their business they should be standing in front of it wiht a shot gun, if anyone is not standing there wiht a loaded weapon then it is free game imho.

being a business man i can say this is what i would do and expect. if i left my store alone, un-guarded full of food and necissary supplies to live, or full of things that owuld be claimed under insurance anyways i would just let it get jacked.

i wonder what i would have to do to get into that area.... im sure that they wont let me in, any ideas?

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4601094 - 08/30/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dress up as a tropical storm and nobody will give you shit. They'll just run.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates