Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
things that work
    #4600246 - 08/30/05 08:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

im done with theory, with metaphysical mind bending, with words and explanations and countless fruitless debates which inevitably become degraded by human offensive/defensive posturing and ego conflicts.

Instead, i am just doing at this point in my life, doing what i have known needed to be done for a long, long time. It has taken me a long time to get past the demons of sloth, laziness and intellectualism that have been keeping me from practicing what i preach and the demons of ego-fraility that have kept me from preaching effectively.

Probably none of you know what im talking about.

thats cool. Either way, i find myself now in what i can , knowing my own mental states, call an elevated state of conciousness, marked by clarity, tranquility, benevolence, and absence of fear or obsession, and a desire to spread a bit of light before this state inevitably gives way to a different one.

Im thinking of all the countless people out there, on the shroomery and elsewhere, and their lives. ive often heard people here (and elsewhere) saying that they feel powerless, depressed, empty, that life is without meaning or hope, that it is all a twisted game of chance or even the sinister manufacture of some demonic god, or godlike demon.

I could try again to explain how every situation, sensation and experience in your life (including those sensations i just described ) are created , conciously or unconciously, by you and i could try to show you that just as you have manufactured your slavery, so can you manufacture your freedom.

But people, myself included, have the greatest difficulty turning concepts and words into applicable tools of change, and thus they tend to find those unusable words offensive and treat them with cynicism, contempt or hostility.

So instead, ill try the opposite approach. for those who would like to experience some light and a sense of their own tremendous creative power over there own lives for themselves, i offer a simple, clear and easy to understand list of actions you can take that will lead to an elevated state of mind and a more contented existance.

1. every morning, drink one large glass of clear water, before you consume anything else.

2. Stop, whenever you remember too, close your eyes, take deep, slow breaths, and focus your attention on the dark emptyness in your mind. Let yourself sink into that darkness. relax your muscles and your mind. For a few heartbeats or several hours, as you find yourself able.

3. every day, move your body to the point of perspiration (until you sweat) do jumping jacks, run, best of all freestyle dance to your favourite music. anythign will do. you do not need to be exhausted, but you should be sweating when you stop.

4. do irrational, senseless things, spontaneously. Try to stand on your head and fail, spin around, walk into a wall, laugh at your coffee table. If you try to do something like this and find youself unable to , even when you are alone, then you have fallen victim to social programming and have lost your divine right to joyous expression. Do things without knowing or needing a reason why.

5. Look up at the sky and let yourself feel awed, greatfull, amazed, overjoyed. If the sight of a sunny, clear blue sky does not stir your heart, i feel for you. (but dont despair, the spark of life is never beyond rekindeling)

6. Face yourself. shine the light of awareness inward. watch your thoughts, and examine yourself. Examine your pains and your joys, your memories. be aware of recuriing thoughts and obsessions. Most of all, be able to admit, at least to yourself, when you have done wrong, or at least when you could have done better. To be able to be honest with outselves, about ourselves, is one of the highest functions of the sentient mind.

7. do something out of love. Pack your mom a bagged lunch. write a card telling someone how you feel about them. If you love anyone, truly, than turn that into some small action. The power of an action fueled by such intention is phenomenal.

ok. thats enough for now. Out of the context that gave rise to these ideas (my life and mind) they may be meaningless , or worse, to those who read them. You may find them trite, "bubble gum" , condescending or whatever. thats ok.

but try some of them. see what happens. Dont worry if you dont quite know what your doing.

And please... if you dont understand anything else ive said, understand this. I wrote this, to you, out of love, and my only hope for this post is that it brings some tiny positive change in your lives.

I wont be back to read your responses.

Peace.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: things that work [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4600330 - 08/30/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

true about some things
people certainly need to share more physical joy

(now what's the deal with "I wont be back to read your responses."?)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4600455 - 08/30/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I liked your write-up....    :heart:

Don't forget to eat some good fruits and vegies too....    :grin:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineJaimie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Canada
    #4600467 - 08/30/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

7. do something out of love. Pack your mom a bagged lunch. write a card telling someone how you feel about them. If you love anyone, truly, than turn that into some small action. The power of an action fueled by such intention is phenomenal.

Peace.

:thumbup: :heart: :heart: :heart: :thumbup:
That's the best one.  :smile:

Offlinelongtimegone
Isis Luna
Female
Loc: Colorado
    #4600531 - 08/30/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nice suggestions... I believe that the the state of less ego or enlightenment-type existence seems to arrive spontaneously and the actions such as your numbered suggestions can help to maintain the existence. i liked the intro.

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: things that work [Re: longtimegone]
    #4600827 - 08/30/05 10:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4. do irrational, senseless things, spontaneously. Try to stand on your head and fail, spin around, walk into a wall, laugh at your coffee table. If you try to do something like this and find youself unable to , even when you are alone, then you have fallen victim to social programming and have lost your divine right to joyous expression. Do things without knowing or needing a reason why.

i have broken free of the social norms

and i have done w/out much drug use, lol, while i know people who it took huge acid doses to break free that much

i liked this write up man, if your not back to read my post know that im by your side whether ya know it or not... yea that didnt make sense, but thats OK

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: things that work [Re: longtimegone]
    #4600835 - 08/30/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

"Instead, i am just doing at this point in my life, doing what i have known needed to be done for a long, long time. It has taken me a long time to get past the demons of sloth, laziness and intellectualism that have been keeping me from practicing what i preach and the demons of ego-fraility that have kept me from preaching effectively.

Probably none of you know what im talking about."

No, dude. Trust me. I know what you are talking about.

People will never listen. I stopped trying a long time ago. Partly because I felt like I wasn't done continuously redifining my own personal truths. But also because I realized that words will never be able to express ultimate truth. They can only allude to it... poorly.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: things that work [Re: dr0mni]
    #4600860 - 08/30/05 10:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

oh, and I like your suggestions. I drink nothing but water all day, and have to right my bike in the awful florida heat to school and work everyday...

I try to do most of those things, but sometimes I have trouble with #7.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: things that work [Re: dr0mni]
    #4602138 - 08/31/05 03:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Number 4 is my life.

Ive found it stranges people out at the grocery store, furthur affirming my own existance yet depressing me about theirs.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4602456 - 08/31/05 05:25 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hey now, you can't just go around actually MAKING SENSE, Mister. That's a sin here. Makes sense. Doing things that ACTUALLY work, as opposed to mental masturbation for the sake of a cheap psychogenic orgasm as a temporary espcape from reality - or more accurately, one's illusionary fears/projections onto reality.

I notice I've naturally picked up on many of those key points you've listed, and like all genuine facets of wisdom and spiritual living, they are all references towards the enlightened reality in which they become natural as breathing.

But just as anybody can "force" themselves to breathe, with their eyebrows dictating the person's emotional effort being expelled in such a futile waste of energy, just about anybody can read that list of references, and think "okay, I shall now go ahead and do these things.", proceeding to "do" just exactly that.
But that would be akin to "solving" a math problem by being handed the answer to the problem before one tries to figure the equation out for themself. The answer is there, but the grok, the comprehension, the intangible aspect of heightened cognition isn't there.

In the spiritual and philisophical equivalent to that analogy, you have people walking around in a "sleep", while they mindlessly follow some tried and true principles from the highly oversaturated spiritual supermarket where morals and philosophies are as abundant and multifarious as fruits in the Peruvian jungle. In this sort of situation, the very ground that gives rise to spontaniety - which happens to be Tao's principle - is absent. Spontaniety stems from being fully awake, from a childlikeness which is characteristic of here-now absorption.

Ironically, it seems that the suffering derived from realizing the futility of such blind behavior and paths that people endure, tends to force them into realizing the basic premise of what I've said, and thus alter their course for the better good anyway.

'Nuff ramblin. Good to see you back. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology