Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Kratom, Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: almost nyc
peruvian torch incense and legal problems
    #4598818 - 08/30/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i see alot of people use this incense, but there are just as many people who speak against it on the grounds of it being considered a class a drug in its "prepared" dried state, has anyone ever heard of or experienced legal trouble from buying this incense over the net?

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: wang_chung00]
    #4598972 - 08/30/05 02:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i was looking to buying some too.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #4599155 - 08/30/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It is incense, it is not prepared nor intended for human consumption (which as far as i know is a requisite for it to be considered an illegal preparation).

There haven't been any legal issues with this that i know of, although a peruvian torch article has appeared on Microgram in the past.

TEchnically it is incense. If you use it as incense you shall have no legal problems.
However if they find it in your house, say, stashed along with some shrooms or other illegals IT WILL definitely be considered an illegal preparation.
As will it be if they can otherwise prove you used or plan on using for human consumption.

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: esin]
    #4599237 - 08/30/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It is incense, it is not prepared nor intended for human consumption (which as far as i know is a requisite for it to be considered an illegal preparation).

Psilocybe mushrooms are even further remotely processed (some even none at all), yet commerce is a crime in the US. (and yes, by that token, humans, organisms which endogenously manufacture GHB, morphine and DMT, are also supposed to be outlawed, along with nearly all vertebrates and many invertebrates). Given that, I don't believe the DEA should have any problem doing what it wants when it wants. Supposedly, in a different country, the principle of laches could perhaps be invoked (I am definitely not a lawyer, though).

Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: stvip]
    #4599568 - 08/30/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so do you think buying some incense over the net is ok?

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4599818 - 08/30/05 06:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

no

do not encourage this as it is drawing unwanted attention and will lead to legislation. the increasing greed of vendors pushing their luck is going to drive this treasure away from us. Have some patience and grow yourself if you are truly interested.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: faslimy]
    #4600123 - 08/30/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
no

do not encourage this as it is drawing unwanted attention and will lead to legislation. the increasing greed of vendors pushing their luck is going to drive this treasure away from us. Have some patience and grow yourself if you are truly interested.

Wonderfully said. I wish more people thought this way. Thanks to people like MJ, this board seems pretty informed. It's the others I worry about. The source is stripped from the wild anyway.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4601918 - 08/31/05 02:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Most people live in a place cactus can grow. If not a 400W MH lamp would suffice for winter. Of course you can also just go on EBAY or whereever and buy a damn cactus to prepare. You might mess up the first time and probably will, but you eventually will get it right. I know it is only a incense. but the law can do whatever it wants really. If they want to charge you for it, they will. So I wouldn't do anything that is directly seen as illegal. In my eyes, a cactus powder (which is almost pure mescaline) would be seen as a schedule one or two drug(I forget which one mescaline is). I wouldn't dare order it over the internet and ship it to my home. I guess technically it can swing the other way, as it is only inscense but this would be foolhardy to assume this position.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Edited by Fluxburn (08/31/05 02:17 AM)

Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4603311 - 08/31/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

actually i do have cacti growing, and have prepared my own "incense" from whole fresh cactus before successfully, but who dosn't want to save alot of time and money? Now with the points raised this does not seem as good as in idea as it did before i inquired. thanks for the input

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4604279 - 08/31/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Boom]
    #4612310 - 09/02/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I never heard of a vendor getting in trouble but the DEA is aware of whats going on....http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0404/mg0404.html

Notice the yopo and brugmansia in that one too...

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4612724 - 09/02/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hum not like any of these drugs are remotely popular. I have talked on the street about Saliva Divinorium, no one knows what it is besides a psychology major from UCSC. No one but a history major might know what yopo is lol. Some people know about morning glory seeds. Almost nobody knows about kratom either. So the DEA doesn't really have crap to worry about. At least out of the vast majority of the US, which this site does not realisticly present.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4612990 - 09/02/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yopo and Pedro might be sorta different in their eyes, as they contain controlled substances. Might seem like sort of a slap in the face to them, all the sales going on casually *shrug*.

These days I'm only exposed to the awareness of my friends. And most of the more obscure things they know of come from me.

But, back in high school: No one had heard of yopo. Everyone had heard of salvia. Most said it didn't work for them. Some said it was amazing. Most people knew about morning glory. They knew it mostly just made them sick when they did it. Lots of people shrugged it off as a catnip like 'myth' high.

And people aware of what san pedro was (that I'd come across, obviously) I could count on one hand. But most respected it, or were even interested in trying. One kid I was never really friends with still calls me randomly asking for a cutting. "Come on, just like a small 5 inch cutting?" I'd suggest getting it online and he'd become uninterested. 6 months of growth when he could get it himself? blah...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinejackflash
Stranger
Male
Loc: new jersey
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4630822 - 09/07/05 06:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have taken 45 -50 grams twice with little effect.I would think that I can easily double the dose safely.This was dried outer skins of the cactus.Personally speaking,it's not worth the effort.I had no nausea or discomfort and the taste was not bad. Hope this helps. jack08027.

Offlinejackflash
Stranger
Male
Loc: new jersey
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: jackflash]
    #4630851 - 09/07/05 06:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineNignugnot
Funkphiler
Loc: Northwest Ar
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: jackflash]
    #4633149 - 09/08/05 09:28 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well is response to the incense, I was able to purchase the ingredants for my huasca tea, syrian rue, momosia hositilis, and berinsteroupsis cappi and the hositilis came as a dried vine and the package specificly said "packaged as inscence... not to be consumed... I forgot why I'm posting this but I hope it helps... Oh and after we prepared and drank our drank I was able to speak to a DMT spirit which was the highlight of my trip. Note don't take a dose one night and then try to dose the next night... doesn't work as well.

--------------------
I'm an asymtope, neva gonna catch me!

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: peruvian torch incense and legal problems [Re: Nignugnot]
    #4636238 - 09/09/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so the cacti powder is illegal to sell?

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Kratom, Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden