Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days
    #4597916 - 08/30/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is 2.6kg(including LC) of wet grain inoculated with 195ml of LC. Strain is the new Psilocybe atlantis from www.sporeworks.com

growlog here
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4586804/an/0/page/0

Edited by blackout (08/30/05 02:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: blackout]
    #4598185 - 08/30/05 05:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent thats a big jar...
Good morning my growing Bitches :evil: *yawns stretches sips coffee :smile:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: OldSpice]
    #4598569 - 08/30/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So you just use about 200ml less water or so in the original preparation, and then inject it with this shitload of LC? :P.

I was thinking about doing something similar, although maybe only 20ml or so per quart jar.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: Ramuh]
    #4598694 - 08/30/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, inject and shake her up. I was using microwaved substrates and wanted it colonised ASAP. Huge amounts of LC works wonders, the semi-dry grain sucks it deep into its cavities. These jars are cubensis after only 3 days

strain is texan
I think I had some doubters about after seeing that after only 3 days. I would like to see more try it out to prove it does work that well. Those jars had 200g of dry wheat grain and had 30ml LC added to each.

Edited by blackout (11/19/15 04:08 PM)

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4598741 - 08/30/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have about 150ml of LC colonizing pretty well right now (should be done in a day or two). I'll give it a shot in about 4 quart jars and see how it goes. 30ml sounds pretty good.

You think it could work if I just soaked it for about 24hrs, let it dry out, PCd with a smaller amount of water, and then inoc with 30ml it would work? Also, since this seems to help colonize quickly, do you even have to shake the jars at all? Or do you just have to do it more often?

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: Ramuh]
    #4602382 - 08/31/05 02:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Do whatever you normally do with your grain but just add less water. You are talking of 4 jars with 150ml so that is 37.5ml per jar. So if you normally add 2cc of spore water add 35ml less water to your jars.
I did not have to shake any of the jars after growth started. You will probably get away without shaking with 30ml in a quart. In the photo of the 2 jars they are about 600ml, but they are very full of grain.

Of course shake VERY well straight after you inoculate

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#22541498 - 11/18/15 11:40 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

This is a gallon jar btw....anyone looking to do gallon jars of spawn. Here is probably the only thread on the forum that shows it can be done and how....lots of inoculant to a grain that is dry enough to receive the large amount of inoculant water! Blackout you are the shit.

--------------------
:three:

Offlineinvitro

#22541645 - 11/18/15 12:22 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
Yes, inject and shake her up. I was using microwaved substrates and wanted it colonised ASAP. Huge amounts of LC works wonders, the semi-dry grain sucks it deep into its cavities. These jars are cubensis after only 3 days

strain is texan from www.spores101.com
I think I had some doubters about after seeing that after only 3 days. I would like to see more try it out to prove it does work that well. Those jars had 200g of dry wheat grain and had 30ml LC added to each.

I've had lc jars recover like that in 3 days, I don't doubt it.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: invitro]
    #22541668 - 11/18/15 12:32 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I think you need to remove the sponsor name if you are using the spores for other than the microscope.

Pretty fast colonisation though. Congrats may they fruit as fast as they colonised :billymaythumbup:

Offlinenewrook
Sucks at bulk
Male User Gallery

Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #22541689 - 11/18/15 12:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

10 yr old thread guys... -_-

--------------------

THROW AWAY YOUR SGFC

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: newrook]
    #22541703 - 11/18/15 12:41 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Lmao I didn't notice..

:facepalm::smbfacepalm:

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#22541778 - 11/18/15 01:01 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Gallon Jar, I was basically adding the tag words " GALLON JAR " to this post so that it may come up in the search engine for anyone else searching the topic. This is probably the most useful thread to a person attempting to do so.... like me, but without the tag words Gallon Jar it will never be found by anyone searching, which I should know since I've been on this forum for years and have read all the post regarding gallon jars and this one never comes up. I just need to figure out what details are going on with the lid and I might knock some up tonight, I can fit 2 in my pc for a total of 8 quarts of potential approximate volume. I've got 6 dry quarts of grain soaking...they might fit into 2 gallon jars, I have 470ml of finished lc with an itchy trigger finger, I could pour half of the LC into each gallon jar and have ~10 dry lbs of spawn colonized in just under a week..... from just 2 inoculations....? Yes please.

ps - GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR GALLON JAR

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: camplo]
    #22541850 - 11/18/15 01:27 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You're doing it wrong imo if you have to use that much inoculant to make it work. If you have a pipeline going its on to have jars take a week to colonize and then actually sterilise and use one tenth or less the inoculant

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: bodhisatta]
    #22541882 - 11/18/15 01:42 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Ive been here maybe 2 months and already moved to 2litre jars. No need for extra inoculant just place jars on their sides so they have more surface area for the gases to escape. If you really want to speed it up use g2g or a plateful of wedges. Using a shitload of inoculant is just gonna make your jars extra wet which might give contams the upperhand. Although If you been here a year you probably know all of this so I don't really get the point. Big jars are basically the same as smaller jars you only have to help it a bit with GE as far as I know

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: More high dose LC pics. Colonising well after 4 days [Re: bodhisatta]
    #22541887 - 11/18/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

bodhisatta  -  I'm not sure what you are saying. 198ml of lc per quart is about 50ml per full quart of space, for the gallon jar. In the past I've had regular quart jars fully colonized after about 4 days from ~30ml of LC so he could have used less, but generally speaking everything is normal here. So instead of having to inoculate several jars, theres just 1 jar and one large inoculation versus several smaller ones. Its not ground breaking but its not wrong either. Its more convenient if you ask me.

SupalemonhazeS  -  Ive been here much longer than a year but I have never tried to do gallon jars. It probably isn't as complicated as I am contemplating but I am trying to get some exact science out of it so I can successfully do a jar this big.

--------------------

Edited by camplo (11/18/15 01:47 PM)

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22541895 - 11/18/15 01:46 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Risky also. I would rather prefer to wait another week and inoculate double the amount of grains with said LC. In the end you would still pull more dry shroom weight.

Edit:

Don't forget most of the old posts here have outdated Info.

Offlinenewrook
Sucks at bulk
Male User Gallery

#22541899 - 11/18/15 01:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
I'm not sure what you are saying. 198ml of lc per quart is about 50ml per full quart of space, for the gallon jar. In the past I've had regular quart jars fully colonized after about 4 days from ~30ml of LC so he could have used less, but generally speaking everything is normal here. So instead of having to inoculate several jars, theres just 1 jar and one large inoculation versus several smaller ones. Its not ground breaking but its not wrong either. Its more convenient if you ask me.

Did you also notice that his project didn't work in the end?

I have seen some gigantic straw logs but for jars I think people should stick to 1-2 qt.

--------------------

THROW AWAY YOUR SGFC

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#22541920 - 11/18/15 01:56 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You are right but my project goals focuses on fast colonization times. I am reaching for 3-4 days full colonization at each transition. So I can already have a complete LC in 3-4 days. I can get colonized quart jars within 3-4 if I really need to, by using large amounts of lc. I can have fully colonized bulk subs within 3-4 days by using slurry and or high spawn ratios. Actually by slurrying all spawn used and 1:2 spawn/bulk ratio 3-4 days full colonization at optimal temps is pretty normal.

So now if I can get 2 1gallon jars fully colonized in 3-4 days I can have a full project birthed into fruiting chamber in 2 weeks as long as I have an agar master ready. They are personal goals so I don't expect anyone to like think they should need to do this.

newrook - Lol no! I did not notice that...let me check it out.

so I looked and I don't see anything regarding a fail concerning colonizing a gallon jar, when he opened it it had started to fruit invitro, then he spawned it to some overly wet straw, anything else can only be said to be speculation until blackout himself says how the project finished and why if failed?

Iknow it isn't popular to do gallon jars....but several people incluing Agar, and blackout have been successful at it, and I would like to join that list simply because I find it preferable.

Gas exchange seems to be the only challenge to which I have easy solutions, I'll just add a gas exchange hole towards the bottom of the jar, but it looks like maybe even that isn't needed.

--------------------

Edited by camplo (11/18/15 02:06 PM)

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#22541954 - 11/18/15 02:06 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
They are personal goals so I don't expect anyone to like think they should need to do this.

Now it all makes sense. Make sure to let us know the details once it's complete! Only not on a 10 year old thread :lmafo:.

Have fun and goodluck :billymaythumbup:

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#22541958 - 11/18/15 02:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

lol yes n ty.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract