Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

How about these thai strains?
    #4598387 - 08/30/05 07:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

BAN NATHON, KS SUPER STRAIN, LAMAI BEACH, LIPA YAI, PINK BUFFALO, TAK MOUNTAIN, and ELEPHANT DUNG are what I'm planning to buy since the price is pretty cheap. Is there anything I should know about these strains before I buy? Good, bad, or even both?

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #4598434 - 08/30/05 08:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would buy a few different strains/species rather than a load of thai strains. Like penis envy, mexicana or tampanesis.
Out of all those I would choose KSSS

Offlinemushr00mhead420
Stranger
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: blackout]
    #4598449 - 08/30/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am looking for a list of super strains... anyone could point me in the right direction?

Invisiblewise_gardener
Stranger
Male
    #4598458 - 08/30/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would do like blackout, probably buying less strains, but quality one. Mazatapec have some good feedback. Once you have your quality strain, just store them with spore print/syringe. You can find some good strains in the forum by searching "best strain". Maybe your thai strains will be very good too but I never heard of them. If you buy them, post some specs once grow will be complete :wink: Good luck

OfflineTheLightIsOn

#4598462 - 08/30/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the responce. I'll keep that in mind. But I do plan on getting other strains possibly every single one of them unless someone is willing to give me a few spore prints for free or cheaper then the online venders?

-peace

--------------------

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflineFunkadafi
Ohmmmm

#4598525 - 08/30/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The Koh Samui / Koh Samui Classic are two thai strains i've read reports on the potetency being well above average for Cubensis. I have spore prints of both so i'm waiting for space before i can try growing them side by side to compare the differences.

here is the site and a quote.

earthstongue <--site

Quote:

"Every month, thousands of people gather in something called the full moon festival in Thailand. This mushroom is consumed at the festival and used religiously to bring people closer to God.

***url to non shroomery vendor edited out***
***Please don't post links to non shroomery spore vendors...
you can discuss non shroomery spore vendors...just don't post a link...thank you!~***
-Roadkill

Edited by Roadkill (08/30/05 12:53 PM)

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: Funkadafi]
    #4598719 - 08/30/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yaeh ive tried a couple Thai strains are they have great visuals and great vibes but also try the Cambo's and Burma's too. The only Thai strains i have sampled so far are Thai Lipa Yai's and Koy Somoy's.

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: mycomatt024]
    #4598726 - 08/30/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and always spawn with h/poo

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: Funkadafi]
    #4598846 - 08/30/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Funkadafi said:

here is a link and a quote. wwwthissitesucks.com

Quote:

"Every month, thousands of people gather in something called the full moon festival in Thailand. This mushroom is consumed at the festival and used religiously to bring people closer to God.

Earth's Tongue is one of the worst vendors there is :mad2: . I would not recommend them to anyone. Do a search for them on this site and you will see the horror stories from people who have ordered from them. Order from a sponsor and you will be glad you did. Order from Earth's Tongue and I will have grown my mushrooms from inoculation to harvest before/if you even get your order.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Edited by FooMan (08/30/05 12:13 PM)

OfflineTheLightIsOn

Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: FooMan]
    #4619991 - 09/04/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. I'll take all of your guys tips into consideration.

-PEACE

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4620136 - 09/04/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

love the thai strains, get and try them all but from someone besides earth's tongue.
i would recommend ralphsters anyday for all your spore needs, he's got all the strains you could ever want.
:peace:

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: backupwards]
    #4620580 - 09/04/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I also second ralphster. My spores came super quick...

Offlinepebbles2004
sponge

Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4620829 - 09/04/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

KS = VERY POTENT!!!
start out with one strain till you have the hang of it.
then take some prints and trade people for others!
use your money on the setup not the spores

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: pebbles2004]
    #4620944 - 09/04/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Come on now Cube is a Cube is a Cube.

I for one have used all of the listed tia strains...I have found them exceptional. Like all other cubies. Everyone's environment/setup/practice will yield different results, without even changing the strain. Change the strain and things change even more. With that in mind, a "Superstrain" is nothing special.

Plus, who and where is that superstrain coming from? Depending on the variance of genetical deterioration, your KSSS might be different from someone else's. Most suppliers are good about keeping up with healthy master supplies, but you just never know. Read the back of your TMC and you will appreciate how "generations" come into play.

A cube is a Cube. Its fun to try different strains. There aren't any bad ones. People might have had bad experiences with certain strains, but that doesn't tell jack shit outside a full lab. We home cultivators are ghetto no matter how you look at it - and only the most experienced are able to set up, maintain, control and organize environments that would give valid technical data. The rest of us are just quacking about results.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4621245 - 09/04/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My favorite Thai strain is Allen.
Midget mushroomz, but they sure pack a punch :thumbup:

Offlinethelurker
Stranger
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: FooMan]
    #4621696 - 09/05/05 03:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Quote:

Funkadafi said:

here is a link and a quote. wwwthissitesucks.com

Quote:

Earth's Tongue is one of the worst vendors there is :mad2: . I would not recommend them to anyone. Do a search for them on this site and you will see the horror stories from people who have ordered from them. Order from a sponsor and you will be glad you did. Order from Earth's Tongue and I will have grown my mushrooms from inoculation to harvest before/if you even get your order.

I agree with this statement, go with suggested vendors from the site and you cant go wrong.  As to your question, Ive only tried Pink Buffalo, and it proved to be very hardy, putting up with my mistakes for quite a while without complaint.  I have also heard that most of the thia strains are like that.

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
Re: How about these thai strains? [Re: thelurker]
    #4671833 - 09/16/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have grown the tak mtn's, and at first i was very dissapointed. We grew exceptionaly well from cakes, but the potency sucked. We got body highs but no visuals, just lame. Starting casing.... holy shit. We grew ONE mushroom that was 109 grams wet, 13 grams dry, and a 1.5 grams was enough to send you flying for hours. It's a little things called experience and practice to acheive potency. Kelp, Horse shit, Steer shit, peet moss, all the things psilibin derives from. But yeah thought i'd give my experience with tak mtn, great strain, we had a freebie malabar we have in a jar that we still need to case. But as far as growing potency isn't the strain, i mean we grew tak mountain on cakes and they sucked, cased with additives and wam, hell of potentcy.

Edited by ActionExpress (09/16/05 10:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale