Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Had a bad accident tonight
    #4597524 - 08/29/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

For personal reasons, I am not going to divulge what happened (so don't ask!) I will probably not require hospitalization and will be OK in a few days - I hope.

I bring this up not for sympathy, but because at the moment of injury, I found it interesting in that I went totally primal. I screamed involuntarily at the top of my lungs in sheer terror and pain. Then I was relatively OK, then another wave hit me. I consider myself a relatively "tough" guy, yet it was as if it wasn't "me", but a wounded and panicked animal who was making such sounds. Behind it all was "The Witness" we often talk about. He was the reporter taking notes.

Later, when the initial shock wore off, I felt more bad for the friends that witnessed this accident than myself, as I know how scared and concerned they were; especially the man who precipitated the accident. I had to keep telling him that it was not his fault (it wasn't) and that I had no bad feelings towards him. My body will heal, but his guilt may linger.

I would be interested in other's thoughts and reactions during such moments as either witness or victim, if you care to share.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: Swami]
    #4597558 - 08/30/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well you chose not to give too much details so i cant say much. of course that does suck, but... nobody knows what you did.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4597561 - 08/30/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, if you experienced shock, how bad was it? Talk to us?

You didn't mention if the other guy was in anyway involved in the contributing factors. That has a lot to do with determining his reasoning for feeling guilty.

Even if you are cool with it, he may be a type who is hard on himself and there isn't much you can do about it but let him know, you acknowledge he is feeling bad about it. I think people like that just want their bad feelings validated and acknowledged. Maybe share a story with him where you were once in his shoes so he knows you can relate to how he's feeling and that should ease him up. Works on my daughter who tends to be hard on herself.

Swami, dammit! Get personal. There's not enough information in your post about what happened to answer any of your questions. If your not sure if you need hospitalization or not, that's a good sign, you should go. Something can get infected or a fractured bone may need to be re broke and set. Hard to say since we don't even know the nature of the injury.

Quit being a tough guy and visit the ER already! :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4597611 - 08/30/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is neither spiritual nor philisophical.

You should not have admitted it not being the other persons fault. Now he will hold you liable and use his cellphone recording against you. You better start praying. Maybe this is spiritual after-all.

Seriously though, hope you feel better!

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4597612 - 08/30/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, if you experienced shock, how bad was it? Talk to us?
It was pretty bad - haven't been hurt like that ever. What a reaction. I squirmed and kicked and wailed like a bug stuck on a pin. Reason was momentarily gone and madness took over.

Alright people if you must know, I was a playing racquetball and the hardest hitter in the club mishit a shot. I am usually pretty good about protecting myself, but I had turned my body too much to make sure he had enough room and he hit me square in the groin (for once - no jokes please) about 130 mph from four foot away. There is more force in that than being shot by a heavy caliber bullet though the force is dissipated instead of focused.

Anyway, getting hit is part of the game, though it is usually in the calf. He and I both made a simultaneous mistake and I hold no grudge. For now I am packed in ice and drinking wine. Got my black book out and am cancelling dates for the next week or so. (Did I say no jokes? OK - go ahead folks! Make me laugh.)

Did I let my guard down and be personal enough? Unless something is ruptured there is little a hospital can do except to give me pain pills. I will see how I am in the morning.

Adoption may be mandatory now if I am to be a father... :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: JEDI]
    #4597614 - 08/30/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

of course that does suck

Could you choose another phrase?  :crazy:

--------------------

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4597625 - 08/30/05 12:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hum

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4597644 - 08/30/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing. Sorry I have no jokes. Yup, nothing the ER can do. Ice it up, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for a while. Yes, the wine will help.

It's totally understandable why your friend feels bad. He was just being sensitive and caring towards the pain he caused you. Allow him to do that for you. He'll come around soon enough to realize, it's a risk of the game and you'd take the risk again and again to play it.

Hope you feel "back up" to your old self soon. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4597657 - 08/30/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hope you feel "back up" to your old self soon.

Heh, heh! Thanks for making me smile and for not saying anything about ice and shrinkage.  :smirk:

Just don't make me laugh out loud. Don't think I could take that.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4597672 - 08/30/05 12:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So he made quite the racket with your balls eh? dundundun chhh <--drumroll

Sorry to hear that Swami. Quite a bad pain to suffer. Can't even imagine 100+ MPH whack below the belt.

You gonna ever play again, or have you been turned off for the time being?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: daimyo]
    #4597681 - 08/30/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am having a custom kevlar jock strap made...

One bad accident in 35 years is not too bad. The other three guys said they never saw anything like that. May have put more fear into them than me especially the way I shrieked. I will be more cautious in the future, but not afraid.

I wonder if this happened because I mocked God in the Intelligent Design thread when I stated no decent engineer would put the male genitalia in such a vulnerable position and so receptive to pain.  :eek:

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4597703 - 08/30/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"I wonder if this happened because I mocked God in the Intelligent Design thread when I stated no decent engineer would put the male genitalia in such a vulnerable position and so receptive to pain."
Now that is food for thought.

The genitals are probably so receptive to pain to avoid permenant damage. If you can't reproduce, you have no purpose.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: daimyo]
    #4597762 - 08/30/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The genitals are probably so receptive to pain to avoid permenant damage. If you can't reproduce, you have no purpose.

True, but if one is so incapacitated so as to be unable to defend oneself after a single nonlethal blow, then the result may be the same.

--------------------

OfflineJaimie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Canada
    #4597809 - 08/30/05 01:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:eek: I'm jealous! I want to react to injury like a panicked animal! Instead, I'm usually far, far too calm when I get hurt. For example, if I'm doing something idiotic like trying to pry something open with a pair of sharp scissors or a knife and I end up stabbing myself, I remain so calm and I hear a voice in my head saying "Ok I just stabbed myself, stay calm". It makes me feel very awkward.  :crazy:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: Jaimie]
    #4597884 - 08/30/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A minor cut does not provide sufficient nerve "stimulation" for a full-blown meltdown.

Here I am seconds after being hit:

And a minute or so later:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4598248 - 08/30/05 05:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Actually Swami, if unusual swelling, undiminished or increasing pain and discoloration occur, do take yourself for medical treatment since real damage can occur from such an injury. No joke.

And yes, tremendous pain can loosen one's ordinary sense of identity creating dissociative states of consciousness. As to the true identity of The Witness...you'll have to make that choice yourself.

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

#4598251 - 08/30/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing after your last post! Hope you feel better soon.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4598350 - 08/30/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hope you get better

take a few pics while you are swollen.....for the ladies  :wink:

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4598390 - 08/30/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

be carefull where you stick your genitals Swami.
I understand the pleasure and excitement of sticking them in the cow milking machine, because I do that too, but you've got to be carefull buddy with all the power fluctuations these days.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4598559 - 08/30/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I bring this up not for sympathy, but because at the moment of injury, I found it interesting in that I went totally primal.

Gotta love that blast of hormones, surging through the blood, eh? :grin:

I think people can often underestimate the actual force behind that hard-wired "fight or flight" response that we humans have. Dump enough adrenaline and other stress-hormones into your blood in one fell swopp...and I can bet almost anyone, no matter how tough, will revert to a language-deprived caveman being attacked by a lion :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order