Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
friend got addicted, will he recover?
    #4597639 - 08/30/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

one of my friends got addicted to shrooms and ended up in a mental hospital. basically about 2 years ago he started using them very heavily. he would take larger and larger doses every day until he got to a point where they wouldnt affect him anymore, then he'd wait 4-5 days and start the process over again. as time went by his behavior got stranger and stranger. he started claiming to be jesus and saying he was the kindest person in the world even though he would act like a real asshole sometimes. then he would draw all these connections between things that to me seemed like they had no connection. for example he would spend days alone in his room playing segments of CDs by many different popular bands claiming they contained a message about the apocalypse. then hed play them for me and expect me to have the same reaction. sometimes he would look so dissapointed that id feel bad and pretend i got the message even though i dont know if that was good becaiuse i was probably contritbuting to his insanity. it got to the point where he was basically tripping 24/7, i mean even if he was completely sober hed act like someone who was on shrooms and hed be constantly making predictions about the kingdom of heaven comming to earth (which didn't happen by when he said it would i might add) and other weird stuff and he would talk in this very anxious, excited voice all the time. he eventually ended up in a mental hospital and had to drop out of college. now he lives at home and i don't see him anymore but he told me he was going through severe depression and cant hold down a job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemysteryschooner
Stranger
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: porcupine]
    #4597648 - 08/30/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like the guy has some serious mental issues that would hesitate to attribute entirely to shrooms. i don't think any of us are certified psychiatrists so we can't really say if he'll recover or not, but as to whether the mushrooms caused it or not, i'm not so sure. someone would have to have some serious chemical imbalances or fucked up past to feel the need to do shrooms 24/7. it's not a physically addictive drug. hope he gets the help he needs though, that's a terrible situation.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4597650 - 08/30/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Its not shrooms, it could have been prunes, your friend is crazy,
get away as fast as you can.

Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: rod]
    #4597670 - 08/30/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think its possible ... just depends on how much some one loves their drug of choice. he got dependent and stupid

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: rod]
    #4597673 - 08/30/05 12:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well he had some personal problems before he ever did shrooms, he never quite fit in and stuff and he was overweight. however he never acted insane or anything until after he began tripping every day. he also smoked weed daily.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4597701 - 08/30/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:55 AM)

Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4597880 - 08/30/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thats odd.

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: acoustic]
    #4597890 - 08/30/05 02:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

acoustic said:
i think its possible ... just depends on how much some one loves their drug of choice. he  got dependent and stupid

Exactly.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4598062 - 08/30/05 04:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He probably just forgot what was real and what was not real because of shrooms. I make sure I remind my self before and during a trip is only a drug induced perception of reality. If I had the resources, I could see my self tripping my self out for a couple of weeks... But I don't plan on that. I would like to try it a couple times a month right now and taper it off to once every month or two... but my preference, acid is hard to come by and shrooms aren't easy either.

I think his big problem is responsability. It is unnatural to become addicted to psychedelics, but in my beliefe they by far have the most profound effect on your mind. Tripping can really make you question reality, you just have to remeber that reality doesn't change, just your perception of it changes by the influence of a DRUG. Whenever I trip I almost feel like I'm tripping from the inside out... Tripping doesn't make you high, it just puts your mind wayyyyyy out there. I think your friend failed to see the connection between him self being normal vs when he was tripping.

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Offlinefredyjenkins
Stranger
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4598096 - 08/30/05 04:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ummm two possibilities

1) the guy is crazy regardless of the drugs

2) the drugs put him in a state of drug induced psychosis..

But seriously, the guy should read some stanislav grof, rick strassman and the like. It's important to have integrity and to really know what you're doing with your mind when going on a prolonged psychedelic experiment (once a week for a year).

--------------------
-English is not my native language. So im not retarded, i'm just not very engligh articulate. Please forgive me for my bad writing! :wink: Thank you! :laugh:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4598411 - 08/30/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

as time went by his behavior got stranger and stranger. he started claiming to be jesus and saying he was the kindest person in the world even though he would act like a real asshole sometimes. then he would draw all these connections between things that to me seemed like they had no connection. for example he would spend days alone in his room playing segments of CDs by many different popular bands claiming they contained a message about the apocalypse. then hed play them for me and expect me to have the same reaction.
i mean even if he was completely sober hed act like someone who was on shrooms and hed be constantly making predictions about the kingdom of heaven comming to earth (which didn't happen by when he said it would i might add) and other weird stuff and he would talk in this very anxious, excited voice all the time. he eventually ended up in a mental hospital and had to drop out of college. now he lives at home and i don't see him anymore but he told me he was going through severe depression and cant hold down a job.

Well..
He has obviously gone psychotic and the mental hospital intervention was certainly justified. There are many kinds of psychosis.

Quote:

had to drop out of college (...) he told me he was going through severe depression and cant hold down a job.

That's the most eerie part. This sounds a bit like "negative symptoms" (if not caused by medication) and that could well mean he is a schizophrenic, meaning this might not be the last time he will go psychotic even if he lives as clean as an altarboy.

He should get antipsychotic medication (such as risperdal, which also acts on negative symptoms) and stick to them every single day, he should be given professional support and he should never *ever* use a recreational drug again.

Be prepared to meet him again some day in a sorry state :frown:

The lasting "passivity" sounds to me like he's a schizophrenic, which means psychosis likely would have happened anyway, and mushrooms just hastened it and perhaps made his psychotic break more dramatic.

There's still a good chance your friend will be OK again but it definately sounds like psychosis in one of its many guises.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: Asante]
    #4598459 - 08/30/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are a numerous factors that affect a patients "outcome" in schizophrenia. Generally speaking schizophrenia is considered a chronic condition. As stated above however, there are many types of psychosis and they tend to differ in their duration and rates of relapse.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineShroomingNJ
Oh Hai There !
Male
Loc: NJ
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: badchad]
    #4598602 - 08/30/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's amazing, I always get so pissed when I hear about shit like this.

THIS IS WHY THEY MAKE DRUG ILLEGAL BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE A LIMIT AND THEY NEED TO LEARN IT.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: ShroomingNJ]
    #4598709 - 08/30/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomingNJ said:
It's amazing, I always get so pissed when I hear about shit like this.

THIS IS WHY THEY MAKE DRUG ILLEGAL BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE A LIMIT AND THEY NEED TO LEARN IT.

That's not necessarily true as Alcohol is highly addictive and it's still legal...it's ruined a multitude of people's lives and caused a number of deaths...far more than mushrooms...There's quite a bit more to it than just that.

Anyway, I find this story really hard to believe. Granted, I will take your word as I see no reason for you to lie...but I just cannot imagine being addicted to mushrooms THIS much. There was a time back in the spring when I ate shrooms every week, but it certainly wasnt to this extent.
I think that people who can't differentiate between what are valid ideas and simply irrational thought should not get themselves into psychadelics.

This is very strange...I cannot say if he's going to recover or not, being as I'm not your friend's psychologist. However, I do believe your friend has some problems that he needs to deal with (SOBER!). He may also have some mental illnesses in the first place. Even if he never had a problem before, he could have been repressing something...

This is one of the strangest reports i've ever heard concerning mushrooms.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: Veter]
    #4598956 - 08/30/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What did they diagnose him with? If its drug induced psychosis theres a chance he will get out of it, but he will be on drugs for the rest of his life because his mind wont be able to handle as much, if they diagnosed him with schizofreniform he sould snap out of it in less than 6 months, and if they have diagnosed him with shizephrenia (most likly early onset) he will never recover.

--------------------

Offlinecubicidal
Stranger
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: ThePredator]
    #4598986 - 08/30/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anyway, I find this story really hard to believe. Granted, I will take your word as I see no reason for you to lie...but I just cannot imagine being addicted to mushrooms THIS much. There was a time back in the spring when I ate shrooms every week, but it certainly wasnt to this extent.

I have a friend who ate a quarter of shrooms every day until he shat blue. He's fuckin' crazy.

OfflineFloydexperiment
Stranger

Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: cubicidal]
    #4599048 - 08/30/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cubicidal said:

I have a friend who ate a quarter of shrooms every day until he shat blue. He's fuckin' crazy.

Thats money!!! Shitting blue must be crazy as hell but he should ve definitly posted it on ratemypoo.com. :thumbup:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: friend got addicted, will he recover? [Re: Floydexperiment]
    #4599301 - 08/30/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

These symtoms could be explained by schizofrenia, but follow more closely to a form of mania (forgot the exact name) where the disorderly person believes that he or she is god or is a reincarnation of god, or some other magical, biblical figure. He or she believes that they posess supernatural powers, which [usually] are the key to some great event to come.
In this specific case, it's hard to tell. Someone could feasibly go insane from tripping all day every day, but it's also likely that this was an existing problem.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract