Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4619089 - 09/04/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
When the ball hit ya~, did it make that flanging sound you sometimes hear....?

PSHHHHHhhhhhheeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

(What is it that makes that sound, ball spin or something....?)

Best reply ever.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: Jellric]
    #4619140 - 09/04/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
It is amazing to me that a thread on Swami's boo-boo gets all these replies and a thread on the pain of hundreds of thousands on the Gulf Coast gets a handful of responses. :shake:

What is really amazing to me is that I sit here and play my guitar as we speak and drink my Gatorade that I paid for instead of quitting my job, traveling down south, and using the rest of that money (a limited resource which would then run dry) and my newly freed-up time to assist in the situation. :grin:

The fact that I haven't killed myself in order to either allow the resources that I would have consumed to sustain a starving person elsewhere, or so that my body could serve as such a resource as well is a testament to my overwhelmingly egotistical nature. :shocked:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4619201 - 09/04/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

FW,

I think what both Jell and I were commenting on was the lack of acknowledgment regarding the fellow feeling "compassion" for the massive suffering taking place there now.

People in this thread had compassion for swami. Jell was wonder why someone you know personally gets more of it then those suffering in the wake of Katrina if we are "one" like so many press on about here.

Could be that many know swami and don't know the people there like Jell does. Yet, most of you know Jellric just the same as swami and Jellrics home state is in despair and will be for years to come.

How many acknowledged that In my post to acknowledge what Jellric was going through? 5 people including swami, who has been called "anti- spiritual? When the shit hit the fan, swami was in there feeling for Jellric.

Swami gets on people for not practicing what they preach and people get pissy with him. He practiced what others preach better then the ones preaching it did.

The board looks very awkward right now in the eyes of anyone who noticed that.

I think what is being pointed out is that if you don't have the ability to feel for and with others in good times and BAD, don't talk like you do using words like compassion, unity and oneness if you don't mean or know them.

I'm not concerned with judging anyone. I would like to still understand and have offered up many reasons to help Jell understand. I even posted for others to explain how they are feeling about the massive suffering that just hit the planet and some shroomery members in the last week. More stepped up to walk the talk and more understanding is coming in.

It's cool you let Jell know that you feel like you are near poverty suffering yourself and need help FW. I don't think anyone expects anyone to give of financial or material resources here. In S&P, I thought it was a no brainer to expect to see people giving from the heart here though. Love is free and we have an abundance of it to give, or so many say.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4619318 - 09/04/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
People in this thread had compassion for swami. Jell was wonder why someone you know personally gets more of it then those suffering in the wake of Katrina if we are "one" like so many press on about here.

I wouldn't say that lack of acknowledgement of compassion equates into less compassion than one holds for someone they know that they did express acknowledgement of, for one thing. :grin:

Also, I'm not too sure what all this "one" concept involves, but I personally see it as simply meaning that we are of the same species and exist within the same environment, and that cause and effect causes constant interaction within that. What are these journalists saying "one" involves beyond that?

Quote:

How many acknowledged that In my post to acknowledge what Jellric was going through? 5 people including swami, who has been called "anti- spiritual? When the shit hit the fan, swami was in there feeling for Jellric.

Sweet. I didn't catch that post, but its nice that others are acknowledging the situations that others are going through. Acknowledging it is one thing, actually feeling compassion for it is another (which is not bound to acknowledgement either, as in that those who feel compassion will express acknowledgement), and actually acting in a manner that will assist the situation in some manner is even further from that (noting that such assistance can be provided in complete absence of both the experience of compassion and the expression of acknowledgement :nut:).

Quote:

Swami gets on people for not practicing what they preach and people get pissy with him. He practiced what others preach better then the ones preaching it did.

Who are these people?! We need names. :mad:

Quote:

The board looks very awkward right now in the eyes of anyone who noticed that.

Only if one holds some image of how this board is set to appear. :grin:

Quote:

I think what is being pointed out is that if you don't have the ability to feel for and with others in good times and BAD, don't talk like you do using words like compassion, unity and oneness if you don't mean or know them.

But I thought the issue was that people weren't acknowleging the situation or expressing compassion, which belies the fact that some can feel compassion and still not express that they acknowlege they feel compassion or that perhaps they haven't even read that thread.

Quote:

I even posted for others to explain how they are feeling about the massive suffering that just hit the planet and some shroomery members in the last week. More stepped up to walk the talk and more understanding is coming in.

Does this mean that whether they expressed how they felt or not, or perhaps the content of those expressions if they did express how they felt, in that specific thread is the ultimate test of their understanding of the concepts that they express and whether or not these concepts are applied by themselves in their life? 

Quote:

It's cool you let Jell know that you feel like you are near poverty suffering yourself and need help FW.

:confused: I don't remember doing that. My life is arranged so that my needs are met and that I live comfortably enough. My expression was that of how I am an egotistical bastard for not quitting my job, which would otherwise prevent me from going to the South and assisting with the situation first-hand, and how that if I were to quit my job, I would then be near poverty myself. It was merely a lightly sarcastic sign representing the truth of how true devotion to fully assisting those in a specific situation will, in fact, reduce oneself to that very state of existance. :grin:

Quote:

In S&P, I thought it was a no brainer to expect to see people giving from the heart here though. Love is free and we have an abundance of it to give, or so many say.

It is a no brainer to me, though, to not hold any expectation. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4619502 - 09/04/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It is a no brainer to me, though, to not hold any expectation.

Thats what it comes down to.

This is like a micro cosm of the macro storm. Don't expect people to be there for you when they need them or for response to be come in full force and quickly.

Many lessons learned for many.

I already told Jell that i was dumbfounded when I evacuated my devastated island and got to Chicago and found, few knew or cared. That day, I realized how much THE world didn't revolve around me. (10 years ago)

I learned so much from that experience and not to expect anyone having your ass covered when the chips are down is one of them.

Like I said in that reply to him and I'll say it again, thats one of the reasons why I like talk a lot about self empowerment and self responsibility as in being your own first cause.

We come into this world alone within ourselves and check out of it alone within ourselves. If we haven't learned how to become our own best friend, our own support system, our own resource system, when the shit hit the fans, you may be left up shits creek without a paddle.

Building that foundation and network structure within is vital. The ideal is to build up enough of it within that you have more then enough for yourself to run on with excess to give to those who are brain farting up shits creek.

That's also why I like to talk about the powers that be dwelling within and don't understand why people want to keep it outside of themselves. I don't care if people think it's egoic or blasphemous or incorrect when I say things like I am my own godhead.

How many people in the storms wake, who put their god out there are now wondering where the fuck he/she it is? They feel abandoned by it and will loose faith. The thing is, the faith was misplaced. It should've been put in oneself all along.

He/She/It didn't show up for them because he/she/it is not out there. It's within and that seems to be the last place so many people look for it.

Not to put that on to Jell. He had his ass covered and helped others as well. Pulled out for a break to recharge and is going back to do more.

You saw on the news christians with babies in their arms on deaths door step crying, "where is Jesus?".

Where are they at hanging out in an area with a cat 5 storm headed for it living below sea level thinking Jesus was going to halt the hurricane and hold the levees for them.

If one can't find the Christ or Source power of love and light within, it can't find them because it is them. Find yourself and you'll have it all. Loosing where you placed yourself through forgetfulness is a BITCH!

One last thing I would like to comment on. This ties in with Cow Ego post.

One really can't be in a place of compassion, unity or oneness when fully occupying an ego identity consciousness that separates itself from others. The ego helps us to focus threough raising definition, like high definition television. All the little dots stand out better. It's not a bad thing it's a tool. How we intend to use the tool is up for debate.

being able to pull yourself back and into the observer consciousness that is aware of its own ego as Skorp put it, is when you start to feel beyond definitions because they start fading and there is the one.

That place is where tears and laughter, pleasure and pain, hardship and ease are all blended in the oddest mix one can experience. Every start out crying over something and have it break right into laughter? Ever start out screaming in pain to have it move right into sighs of pleasurable relief? Ever struggle to get something to fit and then, have it slide ride in like grease appeared out of nowhere?

It all happens when the leevee breaks.  *cough* new orleans leevee- humans inner leevee holding back and putting up resistance to the laughter, pleasure and ease *cough*. It's coming into the planet now peeps. From hindsight it will all make sense if it doesn't now to anyone.

:heart:

Thanks for the discussion FW. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4619563 - 09/04/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I added more to the above because my high speed service went down. I thought the first one didn't go through then I saw it did after the expanded one got through. I just deleted the first version reply.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4619697 - 09/04/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Shit that made me cringe just reading about what happened. Hope the boys in the basement make a full recovery.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4621286 - 09/05/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

from my own experiences with it, i know that emotional abandonment must be a difficult experience for anyone to face.

Quote:

when the shit hit the fans, you may be left up shits creek without a paddle.

are you saying that, because this is a possibility, one should never rely on others?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Had a bad accident tonight [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4621306 - 09/05/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

We rely on others everyday. It's a part of life. It's ideal to have back up plans though and my back up plans ussually involve me having to rely on myself if things fall through. I like to make back up plans, just in case. It makes life run so much more smoothly, keeping it flowing with less dissapointment.

About your first comment, think of how many people have abondoned there own selves emotionally. They want to be loved and cared for and thought of and never think to do those things for their own selves.

Interesting to observe it is I tell ya.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom