Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSl1p
redi jedi
Worst situation I'v ever been in.
    #4161702 - 05/11/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

March 8th I was hanging out with friends like usual, just bought myself a car and was having fun with it. Had it a bit over a month.

Drank about a half a 40 ouncer of old english and about an hour later or so some friends wanted to go to the store and get some food for my friends "secret recipe". So we go to the store, get to goods, and head to my house on the way back to the neighboorhood i was hanging out in to smoke a bowl. We finish the bowl and head off.

Coming out of my driveway I look left there was a set of headlights (was about 7pm), look right and there was none, the car zooms by and i pull out to be greeted by a second set of headlights of a Jeep flying at me at 55mph. It hit the friend behind me mainly on the drivers side, killing him 6 days later. the person in the back middle got a badly broken pelvis and now has a screw to keep it together. When the cops came (I swear there was like 15 emergency vehicles) I was as cooperative as could be but lied about the alcohol and blew a .028 they then found a the pipe belonging to the deceased. When questioning other people the truth about the old english came out.

I have no license or insurance and am 18.

Life is hard. facing up to 20 years and over a million dollars in fines, fees, and lawsuits. And cannot declare bankruptcy because alcohol was involved. Poor to begin with so I'll be stuck with a public defender and will have to represent myself in the civil cases im sure will come.

2 days ago I ate a quarter ounce of cubensis, wasn't good and wasn't bad. Wasn't a great time but I learned some things from it. THough I was afraid to eat them sorta but my curiosity of how I would handle them overwhelmed me.

--------------------
Life's a bitch make it yours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: Sl1p]
    #4162461 - 05/11/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That sucks, man. Spend a lot on a good lawyer... it's worth it if it keeps you out...

From what I hear, debt is a lot easier to handle than having your cornhole mangled by carnivores.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4162785 - 05/11/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Technically that other car must yield to you and he was going way too fast. If not for the alchohol and pot you would be free of further danger. Seriously, get a good lawyer to prove that regardless of your own intoxication the accident was not your fault, because it really sounds like it wasn't. Do whatever you can, public defenders do pretty half-ass jobs.

I'm sorry you have such a terrible situation. That really does suck. Just try to keep it together, no matter how things turn out it's all in your mind. Make the best of the situation and don't let yourself be overwhelmed.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4162866 - 05/11/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know t his is the support forum but incorrect, cars driving down a road do not yield to cars pulling out of driveways, cars pulling out of driveways must yield to road traffic.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4162887 - 05/11/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If the worst comes to the worst, dont give up hope that in the future all wil be good. the belief will make it happen.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4168169 - 05/12/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Good lawyers are worth every dime. Although its not so easy to find one if you don't know anything about any of them. Try and find a good recomendation in your area from someone you know or someone you know that knows someone who has been in trouble and the lawyer actually did something for them. I know you might not have any money but do what you can to beg borrow whatever to get some. Most lawyers just want a retainer fee then you can work off the rest with a payment plan.
By the way what state are you in? What have you been charged with exactly? How much was your bond? I had an old friend back in high school who was your age and while he wasn't intoxicated at the time he did run a stop sign and ended up kill some lady in a car that he T-Boned. He was charged with manslaughter but his parent's were rich and got him a good lawyer and got the case thrown out. Basically with a case like this don't just throw yourself at the mercy of the courts. Also don't sweat the 20 years thing that just the maximum that they can give you and in your case you have what they call extenuating circumstances that a lawyer can use to plead to the jury to get sympathy for you. Basically your a first time offender young and inexperienced plus you really need to make an attempt to show that you are sorry. Maybe appologize to the family and try to get them on your side if thats at all possible. Just keep your head up and think positive. The most I feel you will do is a couple years in the worst case scenario.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4187222 - 05/17/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When I was 16 (before I used to drink/smoke) I was going across the street after stopping at a stop sign, and a car came barelling down the road, smashing into the passenger side of my vehicle (nissan Pulsar, a small car). My friend was unconsious & drooling on himself. I thought he may have been dead. I was freaking out uncontrollably, and also the chick I was kind of "seeing" at the time injured her knee. Everyone turned out to be ok, but my friend who I thought was dead had to get some neuropsychology therapy for a while.

I'm extremely gratefull nobody was really hurt too bad.

Skip forward to Feb. 2004.

I just went to a bar with an alcoholic co-worker, mid-afternoon (I was 19). I have 3 shots and 1 beer and decide to go drive about 5 minutes later. I wasn't drunk at all, but my co-worker had been drinking all night and all morning and was passed out.

I rear-ended a huge semi-truck that merged in front of me on the highway as I was changing tracks on my CD player. I was okay with some glass imbeded in my hands and arms, while my co-worker smashed his head and received a small scar above his eye. He was so intoxicated he was at above a .4 and had to goto ICU because of that, and I blew a .19 (the booze hadn't even hit me yet.

I was offered to goto the hospital, agreed, and was sent to jail. 3 hours later I was sent to the hospital, and spent the following 2 days in jail.

I was able to find a reasonably-priced lawyer, got it dropped down to a DWAI, and was found with a pipe & some ganja, which the charges were dropped.

I was on probation for 3 months over the summer, took alcohol class, and spent a ton of money.

I just now (1.5yrs later) finally got my license back and a vehicle. I won't drink and drive again.

-->I feel really bad about your situation and got the chills as I read your story. If I were you, I would spend a grip of cash on a lawyer, or I would simply leave the country and persue life elseware. This is a scary situation, as someone was killed.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: Psilozero]
    #4188360 - 05/17/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

id run away to amsterdam. or costa rica. fuck the chance of 20 years for that bullshit.

OfflineSl1p
redi jedi
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: sideshowbob]
    #4596989 - 08/29/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So here I am a bit over 3 monthes after that initial post.

my arrangment was aug 22 in which I pleaded not guilty to vehicular homocide.

I have alot to say in this im im not sure how to start it, structure it properly, or end it. But I'm gonna give it the best shot I have.

Everyone in my life excluding the parents of the kid with a broken pelvis and the friend who died's parents supported me with open hearts and open arms. I considered my 3 bests friends to be J, B, and Je(for ease of telling it all) J has been my best friend and oldest friend. B has been my mushroom companion and redi brethren. Je was a girl a year younger than I who quit smoking and drinking and has been attempting to get on in life a responsibly as possible and someone I looked up to as being very psychologically fit. she was the main person who convinced me it wasnt all my fault and that it was an accident. realations with her got rocky and crumbled recently. She came to the conclusion with the help of her over jealous manipulative(in everones mind but her owns) boy friend that I liked her in the wrong way and that I was suddenly creepy, and that she all of a sudden resented me for killing my friend and her life long neighboorhood friend. and didnt have it in her to talk directly to me about it so i got bitch at over txt msgs by her boyfriend.

The person with the broken pelvis and other friends from the same neighboorhood decide to threaten my life if they saw me in the neighboorhood again and that it was all because I was going to plead not guilty to vehicular homocide. this was before my arrangment.

aug 3 i remember quite vividly. My iPod broke after being back from repairs (listen to Sublime's trench town rock song to understand me in that regard, I happen to live in a kingston as well. music keeps me sane) and my friend after being hired to clean my room threw away my warranty for the ipod(it was on my floor and looked like a piece of garbage). I then recieve rather cruel txt msgs from Je's boyfriend. I leave early from work all distraut by a friend who I shall name Ka and pelvis boy(call him P from now on) and I smoke them out tuff for the ride back to my house not letting them know the situation I had that day. I give P my pipe that day as I figured it was time to quit there abouts and I said I would give it to him when I quit. I go inside stare at some walls for a few hours and "ding dong" someone at the door for me and my stepdad is trying to tell this person I was going kayaking and would be back later(I was going to be kayaking with Je that day because our friendship seemed to be getting a bit rocky and when that happens to a friendship things need to be hashed out and it seemed like a good thing to do) I go down stairs going "im here im here" not knowing who it was. Deputy Dickinson come to serve me my court papers stating my arrangnment is aug 22.

a few days later I get the call from Ka delivering P's threats and bitching at me for pleading not guilty to a charge of intentful murder or one of beligerence. saying im outcast from an entire neighboorhood.

Still with J and B's support along with my family and my work.

My boss bought me a lawyer paying a $3500 retainer and $200 an hour.

Aug 22. I go to court to do my pleading thing and the prosecutor states "its beeen borught to my attention that Bill(me. not my name.) has been witnessed smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol since the time of the accident and I request that he be put in jail under $10000 bail" he had no evidence so it didnt stick then but I then had to go back the next day for a piss test and to answer questions that mainly would refl;ect upon my character. a bail study they call it. So I go to piss and I was having troubles (bladder full as hell it just didnt want to come out with a pig standing behind me) THe hwole while a blode bitch on a powertrip is yelling in a calm voice how im refusing to piss and Ill be taken into custody for refusing. the initial male cop who was with me peeing had to leave because his shift was over so another cop watched me. this time standing to the side of me crouched over slightly arms on his hip blantantly staring at my penis, somehow managed to piss for him though an hour after my first attempt and had the judge waiting for me in court in which my "friends" who "openly supported" me had given the prosecor a peice of paper signed by Ka(my regular dealer at the time) P, P's g/f, P's g/f's sis(whom iv never met in my life) a person who is on probation and who buys everyone the alcohol, another friend i held more dear than any on the list and who said the night before he crossed his name out of the list, Je's 2 brothers(one of whom bought us alot of our alcohol as well, and someone who signed it not knowning what he was signing or so he claims. among a few others. Stating they have witnessed me smoke marijuana and or drink alcohol. Basiclly assuring the prosector that I was hella positive for pot. My lawyer was talking to me telling me it came back positive but he had a cop who would testify it to be negative. and the cop did just that. SO I walked out that day. As i was leaving the court room I was looking at both Ka and P who's faces were red as hell veins popping like no other. And it was also presented to the judge that I was a risk of fleeing. based on what the mother of the friend who died has said to try and get me in jail on bail, which was fed to her also by my "friends" however isnt true at all though in emotion I had said to a person or 2 I would be thinking hard about fleeing if i got more than 10 years(I'm a ninja i would afound a way) but it was emotion speaking and i know I wont be getting that much. though I learned its not up to 20 years im facing its up to life becuase they are trying to hit me with homocide rather than manslaughter. Still walked out that day. 7:40 I get a call from my lawyer saying the covers been blown on the test and the judge knows it is positive now and i need to come back to court 9am the next day where the cop testified his error and I was sent to a recovery center to take a regular lab UA to detect levels. The results were 107 ng/ml THC for those of you who know what that means. Im now waiting for the recovery center to fax the results to my lawyer who will hadve to give them to the prosecutor and judge.

today I went into subway where I saw 2 of the people on that paper everyone signed. The dud tryed charging me for a foot long when i had a 6" and then had the nerve to ask if he could borrow $4. All I told him was that he is a disappointment and he should hook it up phatty. I was nice as could be, asked what he recommended and bascilly let him decide what sandwhich to make me which resulted in my favorite sandwhich with more bacon than they are allowed to give( they keep good track of there food at subway) and he took care makiing as I was leacing. As I left I told him all the hate is on one side.

Obviously I told everyone about all the narcs in this area and made it a alittle hell for them in that regards isolating themselves for the most part. though they think me and the group that still supports me hates them. EEven after others have told them they dont hate them they are still there friends but what they did was more than wrong it was plain fucked up.

I walked in to mcdonalds with B and the person who was riding shotgun in the car the night of the accident and she wouldnt make eye contact with me she just kept saying "dont hate me" to B. asked if it was for here or to go. it was to go and she atomatically assumed it was because i was harboring hate towards her because of what Ka did to me. We ended up sitting down at the closest table to the ordering counter thingy.

I really dont know what to make of everything right now.

but im dog tired right now and though I have so much more I could ramble about regarding this whole situation I wont right now.

I just wish people wouldnt dwell on things til it builds up to a breaking point like this. ALl I wanted from my friends was for them to be as open and honest as possible, and they weren't, and so it bit me in the end.

After it all I'd like to think I have my head screwd on straight but its such a mind fuck.

After I got back to work aug 25 my boss gave me a $2 raise said i could take extra smoke breaks if i need them and paid days off when i need them and days off when i want them.

I blew a .028 but BAC was actually .04
as for the pot. by the time it got to me i was hitting ash for the most part and my levels in me at the time were 4ng/mlTHC and 22 ng/ml of carboxyTHC. Your not legally stoned till you hit 5ng/ml THC and 50 ng/ml of carboxy THC.

It flows in my soul through my veins to my brain unleashing the mentality that hides in pain.

--------------------

Offlinephatclown
Place

Loc: Midwest Michigan
    #4597030 - 08/29/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Lawyers can be your best friend, and also your worst enemy. I got into some trouble, and a good lawyer got me out completly free with out a record. If you can try as hard as you can to research and find a good laywer. Best of luck.

--------------------
Psilocybin, It's what's for dinner, tonight...

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: phatclown]
    #4597173 - 08/29/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, this is a pretty crude story. I hope things swing your way, man. That's too bad they found out the cop lied for you. I'll pray for you. Sorry about your friend. "this, too, shall pass" Don't give up.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: kake]
    #4599570 - 08/30/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i don't get it, did this accident happen in a residential area?

If it did that guy doing 55 should be the one going to jail for this regardless of minor levels of intoxication on your part. That's at least +30 mph over any normal residential speed limit, isn't it?

High driving is still driving as is ANGRY driving as is CARELESS driving as is SOBER driving if you have a buzz on that doesn't mean you can't conduct yourself as well or better than some sober people. It's all about knowing your limits and knowing when to be safe and not drive.

If you feel in your heart it wasn't your fault or if it was, that it was a genuine accident that could have happened to anyone regardless of what was flowing in their blood..... then that should be enough right there. You don't see people being charged as criminals for talking to their friends while driving, which can be more dangerous than driving stoned or with a small alcohol buzz...

Regardless of the circumstances I wish you the best of luck and hope that you and everyone else can get through it and become better people because of it :frown:

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: leery11]
    #4600241 - 08/30/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my best wishes are with you.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: leery11]
    #4613292 - 09/02/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
If it did that guy doing 55 should be the one going to jail for this regardless of minor levels of intoxication on your part. That's at least +30 mph over any normal residential speed limit, isn't it?

This is one of the things that really irritates me about the dui laws. It doesn't matter who caused the accident, the person who was drinking is always at fault. The other driver could run a red light while drag racing down the street, but if you've had one beer too many, then your the one who's facing prison.

Furthermore, the punishment for dui is entirely dependent on the outcome of the incident. Two people can go out and have the same amount to drink, then drive home. One guy hits a pedestrian, the other guy hits a tree. One guy goes to prison for 10 years, while the other gets probation for 2 years. It's easy to let your emotions sway your judgement and feel that the first guy deserves prison, but in truth they both made the exact same mistake. I'm all for paying retribution to the victims, but there are far better ways to do that then to lock up an otherwise lawbiding citizen.

OfflineSl1p
redi jedi
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: phalloidin]
    #4624089 - 09/05/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my house is located on a dangerous 55 mph road, if she was speeding it wasnt more than 10 mph over.

Anyone ever read the Tao of Pooh? Damn good book, left me with quite a content mindset leaving me unreasonably happy.

Way of the peaceful warrior is also an extremely good book.

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #4676569 - 09/18/05 02:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

how'd it go?

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4683856 - 09/19/05 08:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i... am... so... sorry.

man. I wish you all the best, keep your head up and good luck. Seriously, much love.

Peace...

:sad:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4684339 - 09/19/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Damn dude, don't know what to tell you except keep your head up. Sounds like you have a decent lawyer and a kickass boss. I wish you all the best.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlineimagine
Psychic
Male

Loc: CA
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: daimyo]
    #4704172 - 09/24/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

whats the update?

OfflineSl1p
redi jedi
Re: Worst situation I'v ever been in. [Re: imagine]
    #7765897 - 12/16/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well. My lawyer was really quite a joke. He quit taking money from me and trucked my case off bad, lied to me profusely. I got the max end of the 26-34 month range. Did a year at monroe(the prison in the movie The butterfly effect), 4 monthes at a DNR work camp, 4 monthes at work release in which I was hired back to my old job before getting laid off with 3 other people, and the rest of my time at the intake and transfering corrections center.

I owe $305,000+ I got a new job as a fabricating welder which is awsome. A plethera of crazy stuff went down which I wont get into. Prison was the easy part, getting out and the 9 monthes before I went in was the hardest.

Life is sweet though. Nothing I cant handle. But yea.. That's the update.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom