Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery
Handling Bad Trips.
    #4596464 - 08/29/05 10:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The amount of dosage can determine whether or not one can handle the rotten experience without the help of anyone else. But, most zoomers keep there dosage at a regular, traditional amount (Whatever one is comfortable with).

3.5 Grams of dried mushrooms is my regular...and should be to most.

Last week I experienced my 2nd bad trip, out of the six trips that I've embarked. Only, unlike the idiotic 8 gram sophomore (day after) trip, that literally put me in Hell and would of made me seek death (if I could find of a way) had it not been for my father to rescue me.

I couldn't control that one. The amount put my mind into complete confusion and loss of reality. Nothing but evil in my mind.

Last week I took about 10 grams out in the country to my mothers. Now my brother was house sitting on a pig farm, and I stayed with him for the weekend. First night, we got drunk and stoned. 2nd night, we got fucked by a shroom.

I did not have a scale. So we took about 5 (middle finger sized) stems, and a few remaining golden caps.

I now know that this was a bad idea. I guessed it would be about 4 grams...but the high that I got from them felt like it was way more.

For the first hour the trip was quite europhic. I felt high off of them after the first ten minutes as we layed back in the living room, listening to the satellite provided music.

My brother is two years older than me. He has an ego like no other, and from what I get out of him, he points out the bad in people. Anyways, he's filled with energy; doing sit-ups, running around, dancing to the music. Telling me the whole time though..."this is stupid, I feel nothing."
"Wait for it." I said.

As he waited, he talked..he talked, talked, talked. I didn't mind that much, because I knew he'd be different, and it was my responsibility to accept whatever he does on this drug, because it was his first time. The questions that he kept on asking me, were irritating as hell. They were pointless. I could ignore for a little while, until he brought up a heart and mind throbbing question. I don't know how he did it, but he pulled out a personal secret of mine; how I've been in love with this girl (From High School) for 4 years, but I've never even talked to her. I told him, that the way I think about her is completely different from any other girl; it's not out of lust, there is something that I feel when I think about her, a connection that is trying to reveal itself. While being high on the drug I dwelled on the possibility of the whole thing not being right, that it was a big problem...maybe it is. My brother thought that it was a problem too. This took my mind off of the music, my brother, the potential awaiting visuals, everything, except for a future self reflection of myself if I don't get this girl. I always see myself with her, but what if I'm not? I'm sure I'll be fine, I think that now that I'm not on the drug. But with the shroom in my tummy, me not being with Kristen, was utterly impossible.

My brother left the living room, and I remembered that he was on this drug, and that it was his first time. I got up and followed him and forced myself to forget about Kristen, and continue my ride on the shroom.

My brother and I sat in the Dining Room infront of his Laptop. We kept talking about life, how people take it for granted and what not. Nothing new, everything I've thought and dwelled on before. I wanted to do something really bad..I was coming up to my peak, and I wanted to fuckin open up somewhere. But I couldn't...I was trapped on a pig farm, in this crowded unclean house. This was starting to irritate me.

We went to the T.V. and started to watch it. This was a bad idea. I brought up the suggestion to my bro because I had to stop the music because I hallucinated something so Godawful that drug or not, this was straight from a demon. The hallucination arose when I placed my cup of water back on the table beside the couch, I looked at my arm, and it morphed into a fucked up shape that was full of twists and bumps; complete deformity.

This was unexpected, and was so early in the trip. I had to try to ignore it, but I couldn't. Especially when I believed that I was sinking into the couch. I felt it, I saw it. I was tripping balls. I was getting deep. I thought that I would experience ego-loss, only this time it would be good, other than my 8 gram trip, because I wasn't afraid..I respected the shroom, and knew of it's affects, and knew that the reason why they kicked in so soon was because it wanted me to have a positive ego-loss experience. Only the mushroom didn't know, or didn't care, that I had my brother to look after during this trip. I forced myself to not sink into the couch, and go with the high with an eye on my brother.

We tried television. Started off with American Hot Rods, it brought laughter to my brother, and I joined, but I wasn't really enjoying it. I was going through all of this bad shit in my head, and the whole while I had to not express it through my mouth out of fear of turning my bro into where I was.

We got stuck on some trippy commercials, that truly intensified my zoom. I had to leave. I told my brother that we should go outside. He didn't want to, he said he couldn't imagine being outside with all of the kittens, dogs, and pig oinks from the barn.

Pretty soon we both agreed that the television was nothing but bad for our state of mind. We went outside to the moonlight. Everything was so vibrant and beautiful. I forgot about tripping bad, and started to enjoy the cool moonlight night out in the country.
The owner has a bunch of kittens, every single kitten went up to us, their faces morphing and tracing. It looked pretty cool, until I started to see their faces on the back of their heads. I thought, shit, that ain't right at all, that's just as fucked as my arm.
Mind altered, and soon had to leave the front yard. I forced my bro to come walking down the road. We walked for a little ways, only to change our minds again, as their was nothing to see, because it was dark out, it was just a straight never-ending road. When we made our way back to the house, we both discovered an unbelievable image brought on by the tree's, the barns, the house, and the drug, it was a pathway that lead to a gigantic Mushroom. My brother pointed it out, and I saw it and burst into laughter. My brother said; "I know what it means now, the trip...this is the trip. Your mind keeps on changing, you always want to do something different.

He's true.

When we got to the front yard, the dogs started to bark. They were the most fucked up barks I've ever heard. So heavy, loud, harsh, irritable. They kept on barking, and coming up to our legs..we both agreed that they knew somehow that we were zooming. We went back inside...as we got in, I remembered why we left, and now were back in, this is fucked..no..no...this trip will never end. I was so drained, so tired from being high on these shrooms, that I prayed for rest.

My brother and I sat at his laptop for hours. The whole time I'm trying to keep up with him talking to me, with the evil that I see, and the mushroom potentially destroying me. I felt so high, and so evil, because it was so bad, but I could control it. I kept on telling my brother that I'm fine, I'm having a really bad trip, but I'm going with it. I continued talking with him, and I always had a detailed answer to everything I said.

After a while my bro wanted to sleep because he wasn't liking the comedown one bit. I couldn't blame him, I could relate to how tired his mind must be.

We slept in the spare room, on a bed each, talking to one another, about God, the drug, life. We grasped on some heavy shit, that truly made the whole experience worth it just for the talks we shared. He ended up falling asleep within no time, but poor me with the corrupted mind, I stayed up for hours. Getting up out of bed and going to the washroom was extremely frightening. But I was tough, every-time I had to go up, I knew I didn't want to do it, but I went anyways, because I knew I had to pee to get the shroom out of my system.

I handled the bad trip pretty well. It could of gotten very bad, all it took was a paranoid phone call to my mother's, who was a 2 minute ride away from us, and we'd be done for. But we both coped with the poison. My brother and I had a terrible time, because it was a new house, it was an unclean house (something we aren't used to), and it had nothing like-able about it. We did them at night, where we couldn't make out any beauty in nature other than darkness. We were zoomin on a poison that altered our minds every 2 minutes. My brother enjoyed the trip somewhat, until I told him I was having a bad one, i think it scared him a bit. But I handled it very well, I didn't show no fear at all..so it must not of frightened him to much. We had three meals that day, we didn't know we were going to do them until a half an hour before, and we had a fight between us an hour before. All bad lead ups to a mushroom trip.

Pretty idiotic of me. Unprofessional decision. But it happened, and that's that..I took them, and I had to deal with them.

Do we all handle bad trips? Is it something that everyone can control, naturally? A Bad trip truly makes you believe that the whole thing is nothing but a poison. I hate that idea.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: In Learyfan's gimp chest
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Silent_Vinny]
    #4596505 - 08/29/05 10:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You handled that very well :thumbup:

Most people would've flipped.

Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Silent_Vinny]
    #4596546 - 08/29/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry Don't have time to read the post but the best way I have found which isn't really handeling it in a sense. Is just give in a let go. Travel down the violent rapids to calmer streams or something. heh.

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Handling Bad Trips. *DELETED* [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4601608 - 08/31/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by sandman_130

Reason for deletion: stupid

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: sandman_130]
    #4601707 - 08/31/05 01:14 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I am surprised you couldn't turn the trip around? I find that if I trip alone it always goes well almost. Most of the time the situation of too many people or a pure discomfort with yourself is the probelm. Whatever, I don't recommend tripping balls on halloween it is the worst day to trip!

I find that with more trips you get more confident of your tripping ability. But I don't really recommend ever tripping so far that you lose total consiousness at least with mushrooms or lsd. I guess that is cool with k because that is what it is about. Obviously taking 8 grams of mushrooms at once is extreme. I think you would have a way better trip if you took a decent amount and then took some more as the trip was comming down. I guess it really depends what you are looking for. If I were to take 8 grams of mushies I would only do it in A: the desert and night, B: a open field, C: a forest, D: a beach(with no forest rangers) E: some other super duper secluded area with almost no life forms present.

ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Edited by Fluxburn (08/31/05 01:39 AM)

Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4601974 - 08/31/05 02:35 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Man, I did 5 grams my first time and I was having a blast, then I got nausious and everything turned down hill, the bathroom was pretty freaky and I knew I could ride the bad trip out, but everything was right fucking disgusting and I said something about poisioning myself; so I can relate to the poisoning feeling.

Thinking back on the crazy trip I had kind of makes me want to shroom again though.

The set and setting definitly played a part in my buzz though, cause it wasn't totally the nausua that sent me in the wrong dirtection(although mostly; cause if i didn't get nausuous i wouldn't of had to go to the washroom), but the fear of the guys fairly dirty bathroom with a really noisy fan that comes on when you turn on the light.

Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4602165 - 08/31/05 03:31 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

i've been tripping all day on low doses..basically 1 gram evey 3 hours. its been real pleasant although i had some rough moments on the come up which lasted about 40 min's. one thing about the negative i noticed today is that its very uncomfortable stopping myself from thinking about stuff i dont want to think about. i really hate the come up.
anyway i really liked your trip report. here at the end of a long day it took me about an hour, maybe even a little more, to finish it,lol, because tv was distracting me. but i really enjoyed coming back to it and reading on. ive been through the madness a few times i must say, as im sure most of us here have. you have a good writing style. there was so much honesty in your report and you were really descriptive. i could relate on so many levels. im sorry you had a bad time and suffered but thanks for sharing your experience.

User Gallery
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4602521 - 08/31/05 06:02 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've tripped times where i really wanted to go home but i coudn't in my state which made everything depressing and i was sleepy also earlier that year i was quarraling with my pops n mom, so the next time i tripped i made sure i was at home, nothing on my mind, n just blasted off on shrooms, i was soo calm n felt safe at home i was on 4th level comin up to 5th n i was lookin at the mirror just tryna scare myself because it didn't matter i was safe and at home n I knew everything was okay

find out what your lacking after a bad trip n work at it just like what sandman said

User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: Gwize]
    #4602973 - 08/31/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

Re: Handling Bad Trips. [Re: acoustic]
    #4603185 - 08/31/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:54 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience