Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Need help...
    #4596371 - 08/29/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Good stuff here in this forum. Everytime I come here, I see the same things posted that I was comming for. I'd like to hang out here more often because I really enjoy helping people, but my schedule just doesn't allow for me to be here as much as I'd like. (my GF already gives it to me about how much time I spend at the shroomery  :blush: )
At any rate, I really need some input. I live with my girl, she owns this property. In spite of that, we are moving to our own property. It is wayyy out in the country (actually, I have cow and horse fields surrounding my place :laugh: )
Well, it just so happens that her child's father lives directly behind us. Her son is 9. It is a regular redneck hangout back there. I think we have some unsettled beef because last year my girl was having to fight with him to cough up some child support money so he could have what he needed for school. Well, "they" were back there (drunk as usual) shooting off their mouths and upsetting her. Well, I don't feel like I would be much of a man if I let them get away with it, so, I went out there and said something to the effect of "I'm havin' to support your son, jack!" Dudes cousin' crosses the yard goes into the shed, and comes out of the shed breathin' fire. Jumps the fence and proceeds toward me. I'm standing at my property line (unarmed, not knowing weather or not he is) and the dude stops about 50 ft. away from me. I guess at that point I was just prepared to defend my property. So I go back into the house, things simmer down for a while and "jack" (as I call him, well actually "Bo" it's a sarcastic term comming out of my mouth) gets arrested for non payment of child support. He's been payin' regular since.
So here it is about a year later, I've had no trouble since. And they're over there talkin' crap about how they're gonna come over here and kick my ass :evil: This both burns me up and troubles me. I don't know how to act, I try to avoid the situation. I'm not affraid, but I'm a grown man. I am going to interview for a new job in 3 days. I'm not so arrogant as to believe that I can whip a small group of rednecks and come away unscathed. I don't need this.
My attitude is I will try to steer clear, but if you come for me, you'd better come big. I will show you why they call it a pigsticker if I have to defend myself, I will spill your guts out if you don't spill mine out first.
Then I will have to fight the system on weather or not it was self defense, have to hire a good ass lawyer, etc.. These thoughts are just not apealing to me.
I just wanna be left to live my life in peace.
What I ask is, can you offer me any help as to how I can feel more comfortable with my situation? Am I taking the wrong point of view? I'm going to have to deal with these people for the rest of my days. What can I do? Do people not take peace as a sign of weakness?
Thank you. I  :heart: you all.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Need help... [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4596824 - 08/29/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure what kind of advice to give you other than to move and get some space between the bullshit you live around. I bet one reason he really gets worked up is that you live right close to him and him seeing you with his kid and girl probably gets to him and is the source of how he acts.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

#4596831 - 08/29/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There we go. Thanks, I agree. I just wonder if everybody has to deal with this kind of thing.
I want to be a friendly person and I don't show hostility. On the contrary, I'd like him to feel like his son is in good hands. I've had girlfriends with kids before and never had a problem with the dad.
Seems to me that grown men don't fight out in the street, that ended when I left high school.
Thanks for your input.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (08/29/05 11:36 PM)

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help... [Re: barfightlard]
    #4599472 - 08/30/05 05:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well, that's what I plan on doing, things seemed to have simmered down a bit. I'm just wondering how to break a man with peace, do we have to fight before there is a possibility for peace?
Just looking for some different views.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4599619 - 08/30/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

offer him some beer, whiskey, weed, or whatever he's partial to (probably stick to legal stuff) and just try and chill out with him, even just casual chiling without bringing up important issues will have him warm up to you some.

be yourself though, don't try and be fake while trying to make peace with him.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help... [Re: leery11]
    #4600158 - 08/30/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks leery. Now that is some sound advice. Cause me to reconsider my options.
See, I've often wanted to do this, just to meet him and let him know what kind of person I am. But whats stopped me is that they are rather quiet people, until they drink. See, I see these very people on the street, when I'm all alone, I'm not affraid of anybody, but I don't need to be showing hostility.
In the beginning, they would just walk by, but they've actually got to the point where they say "hey, how ya doin'" I give them credit for that.
But i don't trust them, I feel there is not many "real men" in the world today. A real man would say, " hey, I got a beef with you, you quit doin' so & so, or Imma KYA." These are the kind of ppl that will gang up on you.
I will not hide, I've been working in my yard all afternoon, nobody has said a thing.
You have given me renewed hope. I think now i need to figure out a way to bury the hatchet, or at least do my part, the rest is on him. I will ponder on this for a while

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being