Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Kava Kava

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience?
    #4595838 - 08/29/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerogerkeith
Mr

Loc: London
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: World Spirit]
    #4595874 - 08/29/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you think you might want to terminate the experience, best not to embark on it...

Having said that, and it's not a chemical, but having something to do can help a bad experience, by redirecting your energy from negative thought processes. I suggest going for a walk (preferably with a sober person) or dancing. Dancing rules.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: World Spirit]
    #4595877 - 08/29/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, chemicals:

Thorazine and other anti-psychotics used to be used to end a trip...but they can fuck you up more than the psychedelics can...so now they use benzodiazepines such as Valium and xanax. They don't end your trip per se, but can sedate you to the point where you either pass out or could care less that you're having a trip from hell.

In terms of herbs...I imagine Kava Kava could do the trick.

Also, Niacinamide is similar (albeit weaker) to many benzo's and is available OTC

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinerogerkeith
Mr

Loc: London
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: dblaney]
    #4595895 - 08/29/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

From Erowid:

Quote:

Authorities are fond of administering injections of anti-psychotic drugs. Recovery in the presence of authorities, in hospitals or police stations, is not pleasant. Sedatives or tranquilizers such as Valium may help reduce panic and anxiety, but the best solution is calm talking. Some claim that niacin (an over the counter vitamin supplement) can abort a trip, but this may be due to a placebo effect (niacin produces a flushing effect). Remember that odd bodily sensations are normal and not harmful.

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: dblaney]
    #4595905 - 08/29/05 07:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Yes, chemicals:

Thorazine and other anti-psychotics used to be used to end a trip...but they can fuck you up more than the psychedelics can...so now they use benzodiazepines such as Valium and xanax. They don't end your trip per se, but can sedate you to the point where you either pass out or could care less that you're having a trip from hell.

In terms of herbs...I imagine Kava Kava could do the trick.

Also, Niacinamide is similar (albeit weaker) to many benzo's and is available OTC

Yeah, Risperdal is another antipsychotic that comes to mind. I've never used it but I've read about it being used to abort a trip.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: Oddish]
    #4595913 - 08/29/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah anti-psychotics are not pretty though. They screw with your neurotransmitters to a level where you are almost devoid of feeling and it's just generally unpleasant (or so I've been told)

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4595930 - 08/29/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You're pretty much a zombie

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4595954 - 08/29/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone here (or a legitimate friend) used one of these chemicals with success in ending a session? Please elaborate if so.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4595962 - 08/29/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Correct ER treatment of bad trips in most cases boils down to you chewing up the equivalent of 10-20mg of Valium and keeping it under your tongue while they reassure you until they kick in.

One roofie is the best treatment, more or less is not as effective.
A single 1mg tab of Xanax or Klonopin can save your mind for months to come if authentic shit hits the fan.

Every tripper should have a single roofie in his pocket to apply a brake when the going gets too rough to handle, not for convenience.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: Asante]
    #4595967 - 08/29/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Valium and roofie's are quite difficult to obtain as you know.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4595974 - 08/29/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had to end a session with one of them, however I have used them to get rid of some of the tripping anxiety I am prone to.

If you are entirely unable to get ahold of benzo's, then you could try Kava and/or alcohol, both act on the same receptor sites in the brain, but alcohol can make you dizzy (hehe DUH :tongue:)

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #4596173 - 08/29/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

how much Niacinamide is effective to ingest?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4596217 - 08/29/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

its actually a lot easier to get benzos then everyone thinks :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleJasonV
Stranger

Loc: In Learyfan's gimp chest
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: Asante]
    #4596526 - 08/29/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Correct ER treatment of bad trips in most cases boils down to you chewing up the equivalent of 10-20mg of Valium and keeping it under your tongue while they reassure you until they kick in.

One roofie is the best treatment, more or less is not as effective.
A single 1mg tab of Xanax or Klonopin can save your mind for months to come if authentic shit hits the fan.

Every tripper should have a single roofie in his pocket to apply a brake when the going gets too rough to handle, not for convenience.

Good point.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4596643 - 08/29/05 10:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Can a description be provided as to when someone opted to use the valium or roofie and the effects? What kind of state is this like? Also, if someone knows the pharaceutical name for the roofie...

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4596846 - 08/29/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They don't really stop a hard trip but they ease the anxiety which is oftentimes enough to push you into a calmer state of mind. You will still be tripping however. I have ofter found valium, xanax, ativan, and klonopin didn't do a damn thing for me when I was peaking no matter how many I ate. And at one point I would eat them like candy as I had a nice supply of all of them and was indulging daily but not in high doses. However after the peak had broken I found they could along with the aid of some brews bring me back to sobriety SOMEWHAT without the extended comedown that takes hours and hours and hours to fall asleep.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4596883 - 08/29/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Also Wiccan_Seeker I don't know how it is over there in Europe but here in the US we have IV valium. They don't make you chew the pills and hold under your tongue in the ER. I once had a very severe muscle spasm problem where my neck was locked in the upward position me looking straight up sky high. They gave me an IV of Valium at the ER which worked for a little while then it came back so they had to give me a huge dose of muscle relaxer via a huge shot in the ass. That killed it for good.

The only reason why any of that happened is because I had spent the previous night in the ER straped down to a gurney out of freaking gourd on a ten strip of gel tabs thinking I was being abducted and trying to bite the straps off ie putting my neck in the most fucked up of positions for extended hours without feeling it.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMych
Stranger

#4596953 - 08/29/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i recently used 2mg of xanax to chill out a fairly intense trip.

i have not tripped enough to really know WHAT happened but i can explain it:

i took ~40g (wet) shrooms of my most potent flush yet. I had also not eaten for ~36 hours. after about 1.5 hours i got REALLY mentally and physically uncomfortable. I have been in that mind space a few times before when i just have too much of a chemical in me (done it with THC and DXM before)... i more so just blank my mind and concentrate on waiting out the trip.
my mind state was basically "ok i can ride this out.. or die.. either way works" basically head down in my knees with my eyes closed just trying to bear the intensity of the harsh mental feeling.
i decided it would be worth popping 2 1mg pills of xanax to mellow things out since i was out on a beach with 2 other people (both tripping) and i didnt want to get in a dangerous situation.
well.. actually being able to get in my bag was fucking HARD, my vision was all fucked up so i just had to close my eyes and feel around. i had to hold a single pill in my fingers and check like 10 times to be able to tell if i was hold 1 pill or 20.
so i took one pill and waited about 15 min, then asked my friend to pull out another pill for me.

so about 15 min after that i started feeling better. i became much more comfortable and calm. i actually felt like i could lay down and sleep it off if i wanted to at this point but it was now manageable enough that i didnt really want to. oddly enough i could actually get MORE into the trip at this point and enjoy it as well.

so.. 2mg of xanax didnt KILL the trip but it definately made me feel better. dosing xanax and other benzos is something you should test out in .5mg doses (starting at .5mg) because some people are really sensitive to them.
2-3mg would probably correct just about any trip for ME if i needed.

Edited by Mych (08/30/05 12:00 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there a chemical or herb to terminate a psychedelic experience? [Re: Mych]
    #4597032 - 08/30/05 12:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for posting that. Btw ~ if anyone out there should find themselves in a high level situation with fungus it could be recommended that they lay down on their back on a hard surface floor (preferrably the bathroom). Yes, it will still be intense but the hard surface and the vibe of your own bathroom have a way of keeping you in familiar domain.

Another question: Has anyone tried Dr. Edward Bach's "Rescue Remedy" flower essence, or perhaps a similar flower essence combo when in a "let's end this now" situation?

Edited by Enter (08/30/05 12:16 AM)

OfflineCandyLand
Stranger
    #4597198 - 08/30/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Kava won't terminate, but a strong dose will mellow out a trip considerably.

Kava and AMT...uuuummmmmmmm!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Kava Kava

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience