Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I'm sorry for the poor picture quality. This is the only camera I have that I can post pictures online with. Hopefully it will be of some help.
* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
Found in the woods / pasture in horse dung. I'm not sure what type of horse but they are pretty big horses. In the area there are ONLY these. There are LOTS. But only this kind.
* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
I know the picture isn't great quality at all. The gills are almost a black /brownj color. They're attatched to the top of the mushroom and spaced evenly about 1 mm apart. I'm not sure what "pores" are. If someone could clarify I can check.
* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
The stems range from 2 inches to 4 inches. Probably about 3-4 mm in diameter. They are not hollow. Quite thin compared to the caps in my opinion.
* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
The caps are varied in diameter but most around about 1.5-2.5 inches long. You can compare them to my lighter in the picture. The texture is fairly smoothe with little indents here in there. It has little light to dark brown spots that forms patterns sort of like a leopard. All of the caps get darker at the top.
* Spore print color (very important!)
I'll work on finding out the spore print color after I post this and edit it later on.
* Color that the mushroom bruises
Bruises are a little darker than the regular color. I would say dark brown to black, black especially around the edges.
* Scent of the mushroom
The top reminds me of fresh baby bellas, hah. The bottom smells like horse dung.