Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

WBS question
    #4595272 - 08/29/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hi I currently have three PF style jars (BRF) colonizing. I screwed up when PC'ing my first batch of 9 jars ( My advice to other newbies if you havent used a PC before try it out first and dont do it at 1:00 in the morning). Somehow my jars got really wet under the tin foil along with the verm and 6 of the jars got contaims. However Im impressed with the three survivers. They are B+ strain inccubated at 84 degrees its been 10 days and the outside of the jars are completly covered except a spot about the size of a dime on the bottom. Lots of rizomorphic (sp?) growth showing. I'v seen the problems with brf all ready..too sticky..too hard to get right moisture. and from what I hear little nutes. I'm going to start a new batch using WBS and case it maybe spawn it to H/poo. I went to a pet store and bought
Hagen - Original blend Finch seed. Its is vitamin and mineral enriched and contains:
Yellow Millet
Red Millet
canary grass seed
white millet
rape seed
niger seed
calcium carbonate (for ph?)

Im wondering if this would be suitable for the wbs method? and if there is anything else I should add to the mix?

Thanks alot for the help I have recived, shroomery rocks and the FSRC rocks.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: WBS question [Re: musher_420]
    #4595285 - 08/29/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds pretty good, depending on how much of those there are. The rape and niger (maybe) are high in oils, so couldnt be to much of that. It looks good though. The only things you may want to add, are rye (winter rye, rye berries) if you can find it. About 25% if spawning to poo, about 50-75% if fruiting directly off the grains. Also some verm to the mix might help, add it dry while straining to soak up the extra bit of water thats sometimes there after straining so you dont have to strain for an hour. Check out my grain link in my signature for more info on what I'm talking about there. Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: WBS question [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4595318 - 08/29/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok thanks for the tips... What do they use that kind of rye for other than growing the funky fungus? Im not sure where I would go to buy it....

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation