Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man"
    #4594703 - 08/29/05 12:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This motherfucker has gone nuts. Hes quit taking his paxill when he got to college (3rd year) because he said he didnt need it anymore. A week later he is going around like Meher Baba or something telling people he is the "God-Man" and buying random people a tthe mall shoes and whatnot. Throwing money away like crazy because hes "going to make millions off his drawings" that need some work as they are anyway.

All of his freind are going up there to have an intervention type of thing with him. I expect him to get pissed and say that noone understands. Hes says he is truly happy like this....but for god sakes he is not the Jesus he says he is. Anyone expereinced anything like this?

WTF why does everyone i know go insane!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Vulture]
    #4594767 - 08/29/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That's gonna be a rough intervention I think. Because it's really not his health (maybe?) in question but his money? I'd talk to him some more before you do an intervention..

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: freddurgan]
    #4594787 - 08/29/05 01:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it just wigs everyone out when he goes around telling everyone that hes the next "god-man" walking the earth and people just dont understand becasue not many people come in contact with the devone and they dont know how to handle it.

i mean wtf....hes completely the opposite of what he used to be.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Vulture]
    #4594817 - 08/29/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, if he keeps off his Paxil he's bound to eventually realize he's not a "god-man" either by a catastrophic failure in his life or public embarassment or something. It'll click..just either a.) get him back on Paxil or b.) make sure he doesn't touch it until he realizes his error.

But I'm no doctor lol. He could be completely insane right now for all I know.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: freddurgan]
    #4594837 - 08/29/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeha im thinking this has a lot to do with the medicine. we need to watch him and make sure he doesent keep getting more and more delusional every day like he has been.

i mean he calls me talking about how its armageddon yesterday becasue of that hurricane and how GWB came on talking about terrorists. he said his plan is done.

so basically...i want him to take his meds. im afraid he might enter some kind of severe deperession is he just waits on the effect of not taking the paxill to wear off.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4594950 - 08/29/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just be there for him. Paxil and all other anti-depressants are no joke. He sounds like my friend who was taking a shit ton of Red Dawn and smoking, sitting in his bathroom in the dark with the shower on, meditating. Like..ALL day. He started talking about Jesus all the time and telling me to "think with my heart" and all this other god-head type bullshit.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4595001 - 08/29/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you have to ween off that shit as well, otherwise you go through withdrawal. and it doesnt seem like he should be off it if he calls himself the godman now. wtf..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Locus]
    #4595136 - 08/29/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

oh well...we decided againt the intervention thing as he wont listen to anyone. So his parents decided to have the cops pick him up and take him to the mental place and get him a doctor before he ruined his parents credit and whatnot with all this money he was spending on stupid random shit.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4595148 - 08/29/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like he could have triggered a manic episode :shrug:

I wouldn't suggest he take his full dose of the drug...that may just exacerbate it...start off with maybe half his previous dosage.

Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about...

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: dblaney]
    #4595168 - 08/29/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

How about you ask some psychologists instead of some idiot shroomerites like us that only know psuedo-psychology.

This sounds very serious.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4595505 - 08/29/05 05:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

good thing he's going to a doctor

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4595532 - 08/29/05 05:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ha ha.. blame the others, when you can not find the mistakes you see, in your self? :P

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Pmog]
    #4595670 - 08/29/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You remind me of Gomp :wink:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Boom]
    #4595803 - 08/29/05 07:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Haha took the words right out of my mouth

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #4595873 - 08/29/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Anti-deppresents are no joke.
Unless your in danger of hurting yourself, or someone else, work out your problems the old fashoined way. By talking to people.

I remember being on zoloft, celexa, prozac at one point as a child. I was either on it, or coming off of massive doses of it cold turkey.
I walked around like a zombie for months. I don't remember much, but the look of horror on my doctors face as i was pouring all the fucked up shit that was coming out of my head on him.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: Dreamer987]
    #4595927 - 08/29/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe yeah, I've been through my fair share of them too...rather unpleasant things if you ask me

--------------------

- John Mayer

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: So my friend quit taking his paxill cold turkey and now he thinks he is the "God-Man" [Re: dblaney]
    #4604222 - 08/31/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

update

he called me yesterday saying he was getting out...i went up there and they said i had to have an ID# for them to give me any information.

He apparently tried to escape and jump over the wall.

he called me today to apologize...said hes back to normal and he knows hes not the "god-man". Said he should be out friday and he was just calling to say thanks.

=0)

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4604487 - 08/31/05 06:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That's excellent man!

Let us know what ended up happening when you find out.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4604592 - 08/31/05 07:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

he didn't sound like a threat to anyone.....

IMO it would have been better to not have him hospitalized... mental hospitals do three things:
brainwash
medicate
and brainwash with medication

now I mean, sure his "craziness" (there's nothing wrong with buying things for people and being selfless) was caused by quitting the pills, but that doesn't mean that being on the pills is going to make him "better". They just cover stuff up.

The best option since he says he's stabilize is to make ABSOLUTE SURE that they NEVER up his dosage, ever.... (they'll want to, that's psychiatry 101 "not feeling superhumanly happy yet? Have some more") and after a while, if he expresses that he'd like to get off the pills, help him through it by helping him to gradually wean his dose down, possibly with guidance from a doctor.

I've been hospitalized, I've been on and subsequently quit zombie drugs.... and (not that this means much at all) i'm a psych major... and honestly I don't think, even with his episode, that drugs are going to help him in the long run, and that he should follow his desires to quit them, just in a more rational way.

good counseling and good friends and the right mindset does more than a pill ever will. (unless it's a microdot maybe!)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineJabbawaya

#4607457 - 09/01/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What did he expect from suddenly stopping an SSRI? One must taper the dose, or bad shit happens.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being