Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

duble tub tek ?
    #4594689 - 08/29/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard about all the sucsess alot of people have had with this tek and im thinking about doing it myself. In the tek it sounds like you dont need to do anything as far as matanace goes like fanning, misting, of even humidity. It makes it sound like all you do is mix you substrate and spawn & incubate then case and waite for the flood of shrooms to flow in. Is this true is it realy just that easy with this tek to reap high yelds and lots of flushes? How many people have tried this tek and failed? (cause i haven't heard of the failures with this tek).

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: duble tub tek ? [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4594712 - 08/29/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If you want low maintenance search for sclerotia

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: duble tub tek ? [Re: blackout]
    #4594792 - 08/29/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well thanks blackout for the suggestion, but i want mushrooms not hard dried mycelium. I would like to maybe use this method not for the ease of maintenance, but more for the mass of shrooms that can be had from the tek and was just wondering if it was as easy as it sounded. If anyone had failed using this tek cause i want to hear the good and bad on this tek. I have grown before but this will be my first bulk grow. i know im going to do bulk but witch method i haven't decided yet and this sounds like a really good one.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4594795 - 08/29/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is just about the only tek I do right now. It works good, but It can contam like anything else. Contams can happen during spawning, usually from not pasturizing or sterilizing poo and also from having the sub too wet.. The amount of shrooms you get will be related to the amount of substrate you use. Make sure you allow the sub to FULLY colonize before you initiate pinning.

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4594808 - 08/29/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Use pasturized poo and follow the tek and you shouldn't have any problems. This is a pick of a small 12qt double tub on it's second flush w h/poo:

Not a massive flush, but this was my first attempt and it was only a 12qt container with about 3" of poo substrate.

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: duble tub tek ? [Re: FooMan]
    #4594813 - 08/29/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i was planning on using about 4 or 5 inches of 50/50 poo/straw spawned with rye and for casing maybee 50/50 coco coir/vermiculite

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4594820 - 08/29/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

killer thanks foomanshroom those look great  :crazy2:

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4594832 - 08/29/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

another question, In the tek they dont say anything about covering the holes during the colonization of the substrate and it seems all he did was leave the pollyfill in, but i have seen where a lot of people are covering them up. what did you do? what do you recommend

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4595705 - 08/29/05 06:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

bump: anyone??

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlineswiftrance
Let there belight

#4598372 - 08/30/05 09:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

only 1way to find out my friend.. see what works for you. go ahead and leave em uncovered as that works for some people, but if you experience expereience unsatisfactory (slow or none at all) colonization, cover those holes and then see ;P

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4598501 - 08/30/05 11:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry about the delayed response. Don't cover the holes. The myc needs some air exchange in order to grow. Just keep the tub in a dark place or cover it with a towel or black garbage bag. Covering the holes will NOT help colonization.

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4598547 - 08/30/05 11:45 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

thank you :smile:

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation