Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Naturally Antisocial
    #4582788 - 08/26/05 12:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So a couple earlier today I was at this huge dance hall. There must have been around 1500+ people in there. So all the people were in there mingling, doing what comes natural. I thought some alcohol might bring out the dormant socialite in me, but the booze just made me feel more comfortable in dancing by myself. I've been a hermit over the past few years, tonight I thought I might break out of the shell. The thing is, I realized tonight that I'm cool with just being alone, I mean, most of the people around were younger than me and being superficial, though I wouldn't mind having some company once in a while, preferably female if you know what I mean. I guess this is a lousy post because I don't really have any questions or problems, I'm just seeing what yall think of my state of mind. I'm drunk right now and just saying what I feel, so don't put great consideration into what I'm saying. Bah, I'm not making much sense right now, time to just move on and see what happens tomorrow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: GringoLoco]
    #4582818 - 08/26/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know how you feel. Big crowds make me a bit antsy too, and I can be perfectly happy in solitude, too.  :thumbup:

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
    #4582827 - 08/26/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to break the hermit cycle. If you're so used to only looking out for you and you only it makes things a lot more safe I guess.

If you're comfortable with it, that's healthy! be happy! Because a lot of people in that situation, me included, are not.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4582993 - 08/26/05 02:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't like crowds either. I can sit at home and be entertained 7 nights a week. All I need is tv and my computer. My need for socializing is none to nill.

--------------------

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: pshawny]
    #4583404 - 08/26/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I feel the same way.  Except I've given up on trying to be more

social.  I have a select few people I like to hang out with, and they

understand my anxiety.  No big deal I don't think.  It would be a lot

easier if people would understand the way we are though.  They think

I choose to be an anti-social "freak," I guess.  :sad:

OfflineGringoLoco
 User Gallery

Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4583528 - 08/26/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Alritght, so it's good to see that other people feel my way. I think I had more fun at home last night han trying to dance. I'm one of those types who gets contemplative and happy when I'm drunk rather than silly and dumb. Ever since I got to CS I've felt a need to go out and make my face known at times, which is a rather large step in a different direction. Last night was actually the first time I went barhopping/clubbing, and I was sort of overwhelmed with it. It was an educational experience though, as I do like to see the way the regular crowd works.

I am, if nothing else, a man comfortable in his own skin.

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

#4583703 - 08/26/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Being happy with yourself is all that matters.

The rest will come with it.

:heart:

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4583719 - 08/26/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pshawny said:
I don't like crowds either. I can sit at home and be entertained 7 nights a week. All I need is tv and my computer. My need for socializing is none to nill.

What happens when the power goes out?

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4583747 - 08/26/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Neither a penis nor lube run on electricity.

:thumbup:

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4583750 - 08/26/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd better buy a generator then  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #4583757 - 08/26/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I used to be like that, and still love my computer.

However, i feel people probably should have contact with people if for no other reason than to see outside themselves.

(this is a battle im having with my mother, and to a lesser extent myself, as posted above... im having trouble with social conditioning and the feelings in this post may be conditioned or the heart chakra breaking out..)

OfflineGringoLoco
 User Gallery

Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: headset]
    #4589612 - 08/27/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, I'm drunk again, and definitely feeling better.

My roommates had a little gathering today. They were welcoming and all, and let me leech some food off of them and all, but after a while, they started getting together and talking about their friendships and all. Being the new guy and all, I felt lost, and after a couple of hours, just retreated to my room, and eventually just went to Barnes n Nobles, where I felt much better.

I'm drunk again, and I just feel much better doing my own thing than trying to fit in with people established in their own cliques. It doesn't help that my roommates, who are pretty much the only people who I have to have a rapport with are both engineers with a common interest with all the other people I see.

Semester begins in two days, I really shouldn't be complaining and all, but a month ago I felt that I would have all these friends and be parrtying it up, but I still havent met anyone I feel I should have a rapport with.

Theres a bar/club around here that I feel I should like, they play my kidn of music (opposed to all the country/rap crap that seems to be the norm around here), I just don't feel comfortable in going by my lonesome, oppost to just chillin and getting wasted.

I'm not making any sense whatsoever, just saying that while I seem to enjoy an isolated day, it doesn't compae to the norm around here. Maybe I ought to

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #4590609 - 08/28/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Being social is more like an act or something that takes practice. I think socializing is a little overrated, I know its natural to some degree but its not unnatural to be unsocial.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
    #4592997 - 08/28/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pshawny said:

is your reason for being here not social?

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
    #4593081 - 08/28/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

GringoLoco.....

what does it feel like when you are trying to socialize? For me at times I feel very anxious and have more feelings of loneliness when I'm around people rather then when I'm by myself. But I do have my deepest feelings of lonelyness when I'm alone. Normally though I'm quite content with myself.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: MJF]
    #4593217 - 08/28/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

MJF I was going to mention something about being on here. In real life I am most certainly anti-social and yet I feel the urge to come on here and "talk" to other people. The thing is on here I can pick and choose what I read. I feel no obligation to respond to someone and can engage in only the most entertaining or enjoyable posts. This may be a social forum but it doesn't force me into the situations real life would that I don't like.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: newuser1492]
    #4593426 - 08/28/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Strange.. socialness has been comming easily for me lately, and i went to party with my younger friends.

I ended up pretty much getting into a fight with a drunk idiot, who was a drunk idiot. I suppose thats generally why i sometimes find it hard to socialize - it either involves idiots, or idiocy (driving like a lunatic, fighting, vandalism, getting fucked up. etc.) It was all great and i had a wonderful time until some kid poured a beer on me cause i wouldnt fight him.

I guess i just dont have the right social group - everyone wants to smoke pot or whateve.r. ive been drinking to accomodate.

Saying that one experiences more itnense lonliness in the prescense of others really hit home..

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: headset]
    #4594923 - 08/29/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm drunk right now and just saying what I feel

I can relate to your post mostly entirely and that line, up there, is probably why I get drunk constantly. My shyness evaporates and I become more social.

OfflineGringoLoco
 User Gallery

Re: Naturally Antisocial [Re: MJF]
    #4595637 - 08/29/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, when I try to socialize, it makes me feel good that people are attempting to care about me, and I want to give that feeling back. I just don't really have the necessary tools to keep it up. I can do good in a one on one conversation with someone, but when it's a group setting, someone always ends up taking the initiative over me, and I end up blending into the wall.

Thats when I retreat home to my TV and games and, since all the pressure is gone, I feel so much better.

Quote:

But I do have my deepest feelings of lonelyness when I'm alone

Yes, same here. It's always after an attempt at socializing, too. I think that's why I feel more comfortable, I have that "You tried and failed, so NEVER try." philosophy.

It's settings too, I just moved to College Station, Texas, and none of the people I've met have much in common with me. Case in point - Last week I went dancing with some folks. Problem is, they went to the big country music dance hall. Oh, 95% country, 5% MTV hip hop. Yecchh. I think this week I'm gonna try out the one club in town that plays electric music, the one thing I dance with.

More than anything else, I just wish I had that one special lady in my life. Spanking it just doesnt cut it anymore.  :thumbdown:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4595696 - 08/29/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i empathize..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom