Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInnominate
Male

Substrate...
    #4591694 - 08/28/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not getting good results with pure flax seed (comes in a brown box.. crushed, suppsoed to have a lot of nutrients.) and I have absolutly NO money to spend on things liek verm and all that other crap, so please don't suggest it, seriously. When I say I have no money to spend I really have no money. I have 10 dollars to get me through the week, it's going to be gas money. I was thinking maybe coffee grinds? But then again it would have to be pure coffe grinds.. Or maybe 3 parts coffee grinds to 1 part flax seed... I just need ideas. Thanks ahead of time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Substrate... [Re: Innominate]
    #4591722 - 08/28/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get more money. You cant create something from nothing. WBS is cheap, much cheaper then flax, 20-40 pound bag for 6 bucks. Should have went that route, plenty for plenty of shrooms.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Substrate... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4591736 - 08/28/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Get more money. You cant create something from nothing. WBS is cheap, much cheaper then flax, 20-40 pound bag for 6 bucks. Should have went that route, plenty for plenty of shrooms.

I didn't go any route, I alreayd had the flax seed here lol. With my situation (me owning a lot of money) I'm not going to have "more money" anytime soon. I have 2 fucking syringes, and the question is people, what can I use to turn this beast into a few beautys?

Knowing most of you will be pricks and respond with smartass shit, I just want you all to know that even if you don't help me, I'm going to grow these bitches with whatever I have in my house dammit.  :stoned:  :thumbup:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4591746 - 08/28/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, were pricks cause you cant grow mushrooms from nothing. Just use any grains you have, and expect to waste all of your spores.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4591753 - 08/28/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Yeah man, were pricks cause you cant grow mushrooms from nothing. Just use any grains you have, and expect to waste all of your spores.

I didn't say you were a prick, but I'm just saying before I get those responses (because I know I will, you proved me right) that I don't really care. Where there's a will there's a way. And again, there is not "nothing" in my house, there's plenty of things! It's just that what I have isn't exactly what is prefered.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4591786 - 08/28/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So you make people guess what you have in your house and expect not to get these smart ass comments? Bah..I'm not even going to make any more comments here at all, that will solve that provlem.

--------------------

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4591800 - 08/28/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
So you make people guess what you have in your house and expect not to get these smart ass comments? Bah..I'm not even going to make any more comments here at all, that will solve that provlem.

Don't be ignorant; you know I never asked anyone to do that. I simply asked for "ideas" and that is all. Smartass comments come from people with huge egos who think they know everything, and ignorant people who fail to read properly and make assumptions. If you CAN'T help, and would rather be a dick about things, then yes, do not make anymore comments.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #4591801 - 08/28/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When you get some money buy whatever materials you need that are in our Teks here, I suggest you spend your time reading them till you get a job or some money
BTW Scatman is one of our best cultivators here so listen to him

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Substrate... [Re: OldSpice]
    #4591816 - 08/28/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
When you get some money buy whatever materials you need that are in our Teks here, I suggest you spend your time reading them till you get a job or some money
BTW Scatman is one of our best cultivators here so listen to him

I can see by his ratings that he is a helpful person, but advice to get more money is really not good advice to me at all. I've read plenty of teks, lurked for a good amount of time. I am a patient person, if I knew there would be a situation in which I would be getting any extra amount of money to buy materials with I would wait for that. Unfortunately, I do not see that anytime soon. I have seen pictures of people growing on bibles, now I understand that that person is very experienced, but I'm just saying... I'm sure some of you know of some household materials that you can grow on.. It's just a matter of waiting for that person to come here and say it.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4591825 - 08/28/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This places membership has gone so down hill. Hmmm I want to bake a cake, and have been geting poor results with just cereal in my cake. I dont have milk, flour, butter, cake mix, or anything else..so how do I make the cake without buying anything?

Gee I dont know, call me ignorant, maybe that will make the cake appear in your oven.

Im so tired of people posting stupid shit wasting space on the forum, and then bitching when they dont get the answers they want because they're "ignorant". It gives me flashbacks to the Southpark episode with Michael Jackson running around caling everyone ignorant because his face was falling off. I read everything properly and you gave no indication as to what the hell you want people to say to you. What that has to do with my ego, or ignorance, I am unsure of.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4591827 - 08/28/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>I have seen pictures of people growing on bibles

DUH, as the casing layer. The bible was filled with grain. You can not grow mushrooms without nutrients period, end of story. If you have some things youd like us to concider as nutrients, then I suggest you list them, but mushrooms grow on grains and dung, so unless you got some, YOU NEED MORE MONEY. That was not my advice BTW..to get more money..my advice is to not grow until you have more money, or you will waste your spores. I dont really care how long it is or how much you hat that fact, its a fact.

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4591829 - 08/28/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well seems to me you already know the answer to your question, how bout you get off your lazy ass and think of another solution yourself if we are pricks that have to spend money on our hobby just like everyone else.

truth is you gotta spend money to have a successful grow... or be successful in any hobby

sorry it's not what you wanted to hear but its the truth bro... get a fuckin job

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#4591984 - 08/28/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Flax seed might work if you have some vermiculate, if you dont at least have some verm it probably wont work

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Substrate... [Re: theBRINK]
    #4591994 - 08/28/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And yet your posts bring me back to my original post. I am looking for ideas only. Continue with the negativity, it does not matter to me. But this put me into perspective a bit..
"truth is you gotta spend money to have a successful grow... or be successful in any hobby"

That is true, but I will still make with what I have. I understand I may be a little silly in all of this, but I will find a way to make it work.

Scat, I have coffe grinds, tea bags, enriched parrot seeds, fish food, popcorn (the kind in the bags with salt and butter already), cereal, flour, white rice, milled flax seed (supposed to have a shit load of nutrients), and other things I'm sure. Now all of those are pretty common household things, can I grow on any of them?

Edited by Innominate (08/28/05 06:51 PM)

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4592007 - 08/28/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
Flax seed might work if you have some vermiculate, if you dont at least have some verm it probably wont work

What exactly does vermiculate have that is needed so much? Maybe I could find a substitute... There are always substitutes :smile:

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#4592061 - 08/28/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No you cant substitute verm i dont think...maybe you could use sand :imslow:
Are you under 18 and to young to get a job?

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4592096 - 08/28/05 07:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No no, I have a job, I just owe a lot of money right now, so this hobby comes last, but I really don't want to wait a long time as this really interests me. Anyway, say I was going to try to grow on an experimental substrate... How many parts water should I add to parts dry?

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#4592133 - 08/28/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know because ive only done regular BRF with Verm as far as a pf-tek grow, Do you have a pc?

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4592183 - 08/28/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, I was planning on boiling the jars in a pot. I understand that by cutting corners my chance for success is limited, but I am willing to give it a shot. Thanks for your help.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
    #4592297 - 08/28/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude. If you are that interested, then quit wasting time here, and go to a temp agency to supplement your income. Or give blood or plasma. Or pawn something. The stuff you need isnt that damn expensive. Shit, I owe all kinds of money but guess what. I grow mushrooms. It's all about prioritization. Either do it or dont. And remember, you can grow mushrooms on almost any damn thing. But it dont mean they will get you tripping.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract