Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHARRY
journeyman
Annoying Pins!
    #459207 - 11/15/01 12:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

One of my jars is 99% colonised, only at the bottom there is some bare substrate (about half the size of your nail), the annoying thing is the cake seems to be flushing like mad, one of the shrooms has grown from thebottom right to the top of the jar, the cap is just under the lid now! And I cant put the damn thing in the terrarium coz of this tiny uncolonised patch!!! Is there anything I could do??? After the shroom started growing I let some oxygen into the jar to help the mycelium, but ofcourse instead this helped the pins!!!

P.S how long do people wait for flushes after the cakes are birthed?

P.P.S Which way up do people put their cakes in the terr.? Mine are the narrow side down, just how they were in the jars, is this wrong? (since there was a little pin developing on the bottom of one of the cakes!)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanx 4 your time!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Annoying Pins! [Re: HARRY]
    #459212 - 11/15/01 12:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Dude says he would just take the cake out of the jar, and scrape off the uncolonized area, since it is so small. you may not even need to scrape it off as it will probably colonize within 24 hours of taking out of the jar; but better safe than sorry.
Dude hasn't fruited off of cakes in a couple of years but he thinks it used to take 1 to 2 weeks before his cakes would begin fruiting (he didn't do the invitro pinning thing).

Dude says it doesnt matter.. sonmetimes he would lay the cake on its side, sometimes stand it up sometimes upside dowm... He would wait for pins and wherever the most were, he would pit that end or side up...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
Re: Annoying Pins! [Re: HARRY]
    #459215 - 11/15/01 12:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that it sould colonize soon if you put in in the terririum. if it dosent soon then it is probably a patch of bacterial contams. So you could scrape some of it off and spray a litle H2O2 water on the area.
could be a couple other things but bacteria and C02 build up in jar is probably the problem.

OfflineHARRY
journeyman
Re: Annoying Pins! [Re: Olgualion]
    #459222 - 11/15/01 01:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ok cool! I suppose i'll give it another night and take it out tomorrow whatever the situation........cant see any sighns of bacterial infection though!.........I'm quite exited coz one of my cakes's got two 4 inxch shrooms growing three days after birth.................i hope there's more tho!!.............anyways....thanx a lot 4 the help

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation