Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemixupthemix
Stranger
Salvia Bad Trip Please read
    #4591613 - 08/28/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Last monday I smoked salvia for the first time. The experience wasn't very enjoyable for me(i pretty much freaked out). The salvia we smoked was 80 bucks a gram, and i hear the normal price for salvia is 30 - 40 a gram. I'm thinking this was pure salvia and if that's the case i'm a little worried. Ever since last monday i haven't felt "normal" at all. I'm not tripping out or anything but like i just feel light headed and not all there, at first i thought it would just go away but it's still here 6 days later. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar reaction to smoking salvia, or if i'm just fucked and i got like brain damage or some shit. Please help me out if you know anything about this, i'm freakin out. thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: mixupthemix]
    #4591676 - 08/28/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

salvia does no brain damage, or any negative effects known YET other then its bad for your lungs. your suffering from a chemical imbalance because the trip prob set you off track. youll feel better. salvias the shit though.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineJabbawaya

#4591727 - 08/28/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Take it easy, keep eating right, try some meditation. I think you should be fine. Just don't think too hard; dwelling on a bad experience is no way to recover. Post back how you're feeling in a few days.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4591798 - 08/28/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You smoked salvia, and your feeling some mental things. Salvia does that to people. The higher the extract, the higher the cost, and the less you should smoke. A strong gram of extract, should give you 25-50 trips, so you only need the tinest of pinches. Overdoing it, makes people go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinerogerkeith
Mr

Loc: London
    #4591830 - 08/28/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey,

You're able to get on with your life, right? You feel "light-headed", but you can function OK.

Just ride it out. My first acid trip I thought I was never going to be the same again, and I was right, thank god!

Or maybe you'll be scared off and never touch the stuff again, and you know maybe that's the right decision for you. Not everyone needs this stuff or wants it. Use your skill and judgement to reveal the correct answer.

Be careful with Salvia, people do stupid doses because there is generally a reverse tolerance phenomenon, the more you use it the less you need. I can blow myself away by chewing a couple of fresh leaves, and I've only smoked about four times. Chewing is much safer, I think, with the proper technique, but don't let that fool you, doors to other worlds will still open.

Love.

Offlinemixupthemix
Stranger
Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: rogerkeith]
    #4591873 - 08/28/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yea i can fnction ok, i just feel a little overwhelmed sometimes. I think i'll be fine, i'm just worried cause it's been a while since i did it.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: rogerkeith]
    #4591894 - 08/28/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i have to agree with rogerkeith
the stuff you smoked at 80/gm is probably very good standardized 10x
the people who gave it to you gave you more than you needed.

in a few days it will settle out quite a lot generally 3-5 days echo fairly strongly with the impressions of inversion, whrre sense impressions linger and overlap more extensively than during "unaltered" ways of being.

I actually like the overlapped sense thing a lot, and I miss it when it is gone:
so I take some salvia every 3-5 days. sometimes more often, and sometimes when it is very strong, i have to forgivemyselfafterwards, but it really is non-toxic to your body and mind, and you will go back into a more familiar and tighter format, a more solid form of you will return.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
    #4591898 - 08/28/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

After one of my first trips I thought I messed myself up for good--most of the same things your feeling now, I guess. It did last a few days, but after that I was perfectly normal. I was just looking way to hard into things. Just relax a bit and don't think about it too hard. Before you know it, you'll be back to normal.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4591914 - 08/28/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you wanna think your fucked up and suffering brain damage by all means do.

But i wouldnt look at it from the point of view that you are looking at it from.

OfflineMrKlown
Doh!
 User Gallery

Loc: Eastern Kentucky
Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4592141 - 08/28/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it would be brain damage at all. However, it could be minor anxiety attacks. I had anxiety attacks for quite a while after using 5-meo-amt, though I know that is different. However, I do know any psychedelic/stimulant can cause anxiety attacks for a while afterwards. This is just my opinion of what I think may be happening with you, though I could be very wrong. Either way, things should be ok soon and don't stress on it as that just makes anxiety go up more.

--------------------
If at all possible, involve a cow.

OfflineZeropointMind
Stranger
    #4592187 - 08/28/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Be careful next time yo..

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: Salvia Bad Trip Please read [Re: ZeropointMind]
    #5133113 - 01/02/06 09:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

my advise would be to leave awhile between the trips, like i was tripping every day once for a week or two, and the feeling of how real and how known the world i tripped into was, made me question reality to the point were i thought people i told my thoughts to were just protecting the reality by saying i'm crazy.

probably a bit cofusing to read but meh, anyway, i havent had any salvia in awhile now and i've gone back to normal, so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order