Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebusted123
gone
Best Teranium Methods?
    #4591419 - 08/28/05 05:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've spent the past several weeks reading TONS of materials on cultivating, but I seem to be running into a lot of contradicting information. I was wondering if someone could tell me the minimal ammount of humidity required for pinning to take off? Should I be using a drip shield, as I plan on using rubbermaid containers that are about 15 inches tall and maybe two feet wide? Will I be okay with spraying it twice a day and letting it get fresh air? And finally, how high is the risk of contaimination once the cakes are finished and transplanted? I've read in several places that its almost guarenteed you can't get contamination once the cakes are done. Others have said that when casing, contamination risk becomes much greater. I plan on trying both PFtek cakes and casing methods.

I've read about everything I've stated above, but I'm not finding the same answers all the time. Can someone please clarify and let me know what your doing??? I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best Teranium Methods? [Re: busted123]
    #4591459 - 08/28/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was wondering if someone could tell me the minimal ammount of humidity required for pinning to take off?

optimal is what you want, it's between 90/99% for cakes, average it out to 95%

Should I be using a drip shield, as I plan on using rubbermaid containers that are about 15 inches tall and maybe two feet wide?

no

Will I be okay with spraying it twice a day and letting it get fresh air?

it really needs 3+ times a day

And finally, how high is the risk of contaimination once the cakes are finished and transplanted?

low to moderate, that depends on if you birth the cakes too early and how clean you are in the process

Others have said that when casing, contamination risk becomes much greater.

because you are adding additional moisture and in many cases people dont sterilize the casong layer or they have it too wet.

Invisiblebusted123
gone
Re: Best Teranium Methods? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4591493 - 08/28/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Great,thank you for the quick response.
So my casing layer should be slightly moist...
I'm worried that the humidity is not going to be high enough since I will be placing 4-6 cakes in each container. when I spray, should I avoid getting even the slightest bit of moisture on them? will this damage them at all?

Finally, what would be the best method to sterlizing the casing tray+substrate, or do you think this is not really necessary?

I wanted to add: As far as lighting goes, do you think it would be best to install a small light fixture inside the tub with maybe a 15-25w bulb inside, or would this cause trouble? I read in some places that 4+ hours of light a day is correct, and other sources say that literally a few minutes is enough....If I install a window in the top (a 5x12inch opening, as this is the size of the rubbermaid indentation) would that let in enough light?

Thanks again for your answers.

Edited by merkage (08/28/05 06:49 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation