Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Hawaiian spores?
    #4590984 - 08/28/05 03:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered Hawaiian spores and they should be getting here pretty soon. How do these mushrooms compare with others? They are smaller and they yield alot which is good for stealth growing, right?

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young 2006

Edited by Sherman901 (08/28/05 03:19 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Sherman901]
    #4591024 - 08/28/05 03:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah it sounds good for a steath grow. I personally have no experience in growing this kind but i have seen these questions asked and figured i would chime in by saying the quality of your end results usuially depends on how they were grown.

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
    #4591121 - 08/28/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my friend grew those on cakes...there were small fruits but plentiful and i might add that 5 dried gm of those were just as strong as 10 gm of B+...someone told me there were weak strain....i thought they were very potent

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Billy1111]
    #4591184 - 08/28/05 04:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Potency is only affected by what kind of substrate they grow on. Thats what all the pro's here say anyway. They all say that it comes down to substrate, and not strain that affects the potency. But Im just a newb.

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
    #4591199 - 08/28/05 04:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

both were grown on the same BRF cakes

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Billy1111]
    #4591268 - 08/28/05 04:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

^^ doesnt mean shit. If you did a multispore innoc you could have just had a weak substrain with the B+.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: coda]
    #4591460 - 08/28/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah fungusman its all about the saubstate. Spawn those Hawaiian's with some h/poo and you should be set

Edited by mycomatt024 (08/28/05 06:01 PM)

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4591620 - 08/28/05 06:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm assuming you are talking about PESH (PES HAWAIIAN). I have grown them b4 and they are one of my personal favorites. They have completely solid stems and make some nice, big, fruits.

I don't know what everyone else is talking about by saying they have small fruits. I got some really nice, large fruits from them, 7-8" on average. That was just from casing BRF cakes.

If you get small fruits from PESH, something is wrong with your growing conditions/substrate.

and yes, substrate is EVERYTHING when it comes to potency. Besides that, a cube is a cube is a cube.

I've also had people tell me burma have very small/thin fruits b4 I tried them...not the case....I guess it depends on who's growing them. vvvvvvvv

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
    #4592123 - 08/28/05 09:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There are two kinds of Hawaiian that are often confused. One is a cubensis strain that is likely to perform similarly to other cubensis strains, and the other is Paneolus cyanescens that tends to be more potent than cubensis strains and also said to have more delicate myc than cubes. The Pan cyans are definitely smaller and typically more potent than cubes, assuming all are spawned in poo. Pan cyans are also known as Copelandia cyanescens and "Blue Meanies," not to be confused with the cubensis strain that has been misleadingly labeled Blue Meanies.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Silly_Cyben]
    #4592169 - 08/28/05 09:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hate that shit when vendors just rename some cubensis strain to make a extra buck by making them sound better..
Copes were and have allways been referred to as bluemeanies
If you buy a blue meanie cubensis your are growing just a regular cubensis strain :mad:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Silly_Cyben]
    #4594409 - 08/29/05 09:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Silly_Cyben said:
There are two kinds of Hawaiian that are often confused. One is a cubensis strain that is likely to perform similarly to other cubensis strains, and the other is Paneolus cyanescens that tends to be more potent than cubensis strains and also said to have more delicate myc than cubes. The Pan cyans are definitely smaller and typically more potent than cubes, assuming all are spawned in poo. Pan cyans are also known as Copelandia cyanescens and "Blue Meanies," not to be confused with the cubensis strain that has been misleadingly labeled Blue Meanies.

yeah I know of the two, but i'm pretty sure he is talking about the cubie Hawaiian.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4594588 - 08/29/05 12:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:

I'm assuming you are talking about PESH (PES HAWAIIAN).  I have grown them b4 and they are one of my personal favorites.  They have completely solid stems and make some nice, big, fruits.

I don't know what everyone else is talking about by saying they have small fruits.  I got some really nice, large fruits from them, 7-8" on average.  That was just from casing BRF cakes. 

If you get small fruits from PESH, something is wrong with your growing conditions/substrate.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

here are some nice PESH...

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hawaiian spores? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4594598 - 08/29/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
Quote:

srgtm1a said:

I'm assuming you are talking about PESH (PES HAWAIIAN).  I have grown them b4 and they are one of my personal favorites.  They have completely solid stems and make some nice, big, fruits.

I don't know what everyone else is talking about by saying they have small fruits.  I got some really nice, large fruits from them, 7-8" on average.  That was just from casing BRF cakes. 

:thumbup: :thumbup:

here are some nice PESH...

tc

:thumbup: :thumbup:  Very nice pic! I have to go find my pics of my PESH grow, but those are some pretty fruits.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation