Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: Been there done that! [Re: Nignugnot]
    #4594600 - 08/29/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Tried it last night. Took four jars between three peeps. We all baselined (level 1 maybe a low 2). It was ok, but not really worth it.
And yes, it tasted like shroomy rye, not really what I would call delicious :wink:
I just blended the berries with some space orange juice (tang) in a blender, It wasn't too bad until I got to the bottom.
Actually, It might be worth doing again if we could each have three or four jars. Probably get a level 4-5, depending on the species and strain and nutes and whatnot.
We were drinking beer too and getting stoned so we may not have gotten an accurate feel of how much we tripped, but we all felt something.
As for alcohol soaking, that is a practice commonly used to extract nutes from herbs and the like. I imagine it would work for shrooms too. I use everclear for making herbal tinctures for energy, pain, sleep, head clearing (it'll take you from drunk as fuck, to stone sober in about ten seconds) cancer killing, body cleansing, and many other uses. I also understand that consuming booze while tripping will intensify your trip, but will also enhance the depression side effect. Using alcohol to extract chemicals and nutrients and then ingesting it, makes for a very speedy on-set of benefit. I make a peppermint tincture to show how well these work, you put some on the bottom of your foot, and within seconds you can taste it in your mouth. works with every plant I've used so far, I guess shrooms are next. In fact, since I don't have fruits yet, if anyone else wants to try this,here are some directions; you would powder the dried fruits, put in a jar and cover with alcohol (preferrably everclear or another clear potent booze) then simply set in the closet or other cool dry place for a month or so. In my experience, the longer a tincture sits, the more potent it becomes.
Thanks for your interest in this silly little experiment. Now I know, and I got to eat some psili that I grew myself. That's the coolest part as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Been there done that! [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4594652 - 08/29/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How much dry grain was in each jar?
How long was it fully colonised for?
Was there much rhizo growth on it?
Did you strain the blended rye and juice? (or did you eat the entire lot)

I am not sure ethanol works well for extracting. I think metanol (undrinkable) works better

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Been there done that! [Re: blackout]
    #4594756 - 08/29/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Silly kids....don't eat substrate. All that extracting work for a weak body buzz, if that. Substrate is for growing, not eating.

It's not worth doing....period. Anyone thinking of trying it...don't.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Been there done that! [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4594806 - 08/29/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

srgtm1a, What kind of cake is that in your first pic??

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: Been there done that! [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4595875 - 08/29/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

wow, what a waste?  4 cakes could put out 20 grams dry without much luck or skill.  That'd be some good trips for those 3 people.  Patience is the name of the game here.  Psilo junky  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale