Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflibble
Stranger
Contam syringes and other sob stories
    #4586893 - 08/27/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As some of you might know, the law in the UK changed recently, stopping most if not all stores from supplying spores. Knowing this, and wanting to get into mushroom cultivation, I bought a 4 pack of syringes from Monkeymagic.

There was a bit of delay in getting my pressure cooker, and in the 5 or 6 weeks since I got the spores, I've noticed that a dark blue/purple growth/clump appeared in all of the syringes.

Can anyone tell me what it is likely to be? I was kind've hoping that it might be weird growth of the spores some how, but the clumps do seem pretty big.

The two pics are of the same clump in the same syringe, just from different angles. Its pretty much like a dark blue/purple spot on a candyfloss like white plug. Some of the less developed clumps have a more slimey translucent surrounds.

Finally, does anyone have the address of a reputable spore dealer within, or who will ship to the uk?

***Edited out url to non shroomery spore vendor***
- Roadkill

Edited by Roadkill (08/27/05 10:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: flibble]
    #4586915 - 08/27/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your pictures are rather blurry, so - it is difficult to give any decent opinion.

Were dark spore clumps visible - in the syringes - when you recieved them?

It may be that the spores are germinating, & is what appears as cotton like mass around the dark mass of spores.

If (big IF)in fact the dark clumps are actualy spores?

--------------------

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: agar]
    #4586926 - 08/27/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

try it on a jar see what happens!!

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflinePsyWonderCap
Stranger
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: djsage420]
    #4586934 - 08/27/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am pretty sure that is just the spores clumpin up and the white stuff around is myc starting. This is fine. Just shake that bitch up good till it breaks up the clump(s) and inject the shit out of your jars!

--------------------
"Dunk and Roll" How-to

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: PsyWonderCap]
    #4586949 - 08/27/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i got a contamed syringe of KSSS from ralphster once. it happens, not his fault entirely. try another company.

that black clump doesnt look like spores. in all my experience the only thing spores really do is stick to the side of the syringe, ive never seen them clump up in a big ball.

Offlineflibble
Stranger
    #4586961 - 08/27/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah sorry about that:/ I'll try again, it is hard to get decently focussed pics on a floating object inside a syringe:(

how's this:

and heres one from a different syringe:

In answer to your question, no, I dont remember seeing any spores or anything in the syringes when they first arrived, in fact I was worried because it was so crystal clear.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: yousuck]
    #4586972 - 08/27/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats bullshit telling him to stay away from Ralph and i doubt very seriously if you actually got a bad syringe from Ralph :mad:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineflibble
Stranger
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: OldSpice]
    #4586988 - 08/27/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to get some fresh spores anyway 2bh, but I cant find anywhere which still ships to the UK at all, damn laws:( I am tempted to just cook up a couple of jars, just to see. I'm guessing that if the dark clump is something bad, with so much it will be pretty much obvious when it starts growing.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#4586994 - 08/27/05 10:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I suggest that you stick around here till people get to know you and do a trade, You will have to send what you are selling trading first
Good luck your rated :thumbup:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Offlineflibble
Stranger
    #4587039 - 08/27/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think I might try to get a print from the spore print ring, and make a syringe myself. It's a shame about those syringes though.

For future reference, is it likely that I've had contamination because I stored the stringes in too warm conditions, for too long, or is it just a matter of if the syringe is contaminated, its contaminated, and I'd have found out when I inoculated jars if I'd not this way?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4587044 - 08/27/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

flibble said:

Finally, does anyone have the address of a reputable spore dealer within, or who will ship to the uk?

http://www.magicmushrooms.org/shroomery.html

and Marvin is a Shroomery Vendor.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineflibble
Stranger
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: Roadkill]
    #4587059 - 08/27/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

excelent, thanks:) I'll order something, and as soon as it arrives destroy those damn syringes:p

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4587105 - 08/27/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Second pictures are a little better. Still tough to tell. I assume the syringes were capped? If so, long storage, even under bad conditions would not contaminate them. Unless the cap came off.

I think you are good to go. Why not try injecting a small amount into a liquid culture & see what it does - there.

--------------------

Offlineflibble
Stranger
    #4587584 - 08/27/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks agar, I'll try that tonight, prob. using honey tek:) What should I be looking out for - the same sort of thing that you'd see in brf cakes, or is the growth somehow different in liquid?

I found a picture you posted a while back whilst searching:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-02/593053263-Jar_culture_1.jpg
Is this the sort of thing I should be seeing? And how long does it normally take?

Thanks for all your help:)

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

#4587649 - 08/27/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

they look ok to me. just looks like clumped up spores. shake it up, if they break all apart i wouldnt worry too much aboutit... you could squeeze like 1/4 cc onto something and sniff it... if it smells nasty its contamed... i had some LC go bad on me and smelled it..... i almost puked.
looks fine to me... like ^he said. best way to find out is to make a LC or shoot up a jar with it

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: buggers]
    #4587726 - 08/27/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dont be snorting contams damnit, be carefull with nasties and dont breath that stuff :smirk:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Offlineflibble
Stranger
    #4590384 - 08/28/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'll be careful, I promise;) Seriously though, I'm gonna inoculate some honey to see later today, and I guess I'll know in a week or so:) *Sigh* its situations like this where I wish I still had access to a cat3 hood and agar plates and the like, although no doubt my boss wouldnt have been too impressed by me contaminating the hood with fungi:p

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: yousuck]
    #4590399 - 08/28/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
i got a contamed syringe of KSSS from ralphster once. it happens, not his fault entirely. try another company.

it happens with every vendor on occasion, 4 out of 4 vendors I've dealt with have sent a contammed syringe at least once, usualy if one is contammed, there are
usualy several more of that strain that are as well that were sent out

regardles, all vendors (shroomery sponsors at least) do have top notch customer service, get a bunk syringe and they'll replace it, all you have to do is email them

Offlineflibble
Stranger
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4619839 - 09/04/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So I did a honey-water culture (2tsp yellow organic to 1/2pt mineral water, disolved, then Pc'd for 40mins). Then I left in the warmest place in the house, at 78F for 5 days, shaking occasionally, although the lid to the jar was left tight, and it still had a cover of foil on over the hole, and in fact the entire jar, so air exchange may not have been optimum.

And unfortuatly, I got the same blue/black clumps in it as were in the spore syringes. Which means contamination :'(

So basically, I'm gonna get me some fresh spores:) Second time lucky, I'm hoping, and at least theres less chance that I'll get something nasty happening in my syringe if I use it more or less immediately.

Offlineflibble
Stranger
Re: Contam syringes and other sob stories [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4619873 - 09/04/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So I did a honey-water culture (2tsp yellow organic to 1/2pt mineral water, dissolved, then Pc'd for 40mins). Then I left in the warmest place in the house, at 78F for 5 days, shaking occasionally, although the lid to the jar was left tight, and it still had a cover of foil on over the hole, and in fact the entire jar, so air exchange may not have been optimum.

And unfortunately, I got the same blue/black clumps in it as were in the spore syringes. Which means contamination :'(

So basically, I'm gonna get me some fresh spores:) Second time lucky, I'm hoping, and at least there's less chance that I'll get something nasty happening in my syringe if I use it more or less immediately.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale