Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
EVOLUTION????
    #4590117 - 08/28/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

deffinately not a fact. i can back up my statement with proof.

aside from this one....there are 3 threads about evolution, currently active here at S&P.i thought evolution was about change and taking new form..re-inventing,over,and over.
not becoming old and stale....remaining the same.same.same,posts....just different packaging.

maybe not...just a thought. :heart:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4590123 - 08/28/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

*cough*...hmmm, or they are at least threads which use the term evolution, not necessarily about evolution as a creation myth...but, still stagnant.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re-EVOLUTION???? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4590129 - 08/28/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nice thread, I like....!    :wink:

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4590167 - 08/28/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
aside from this one....there are 3 threads about evolution, currently active here at S&P.i thought evolution was about change and taking new form..re-inventing,over,and over.
not becoming old and stale....remaining the same.same.same,posts....just different packaging.

Nope, it's about adaptation and survival. Those threads survive and regenerate themselves because it's a useful trait for gaining attention. Thus, carrying on it's genetic material until you changed the environment so that we know look down on evolution threads.  :stoned:

You just made evolution threads extinct. Good job!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Re: Re: Re-EVOLUTION???? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4590207 - 08/28/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sssoooooo, would you mind if this thread went off topic....?    :tongue:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: Re: Re: Re-EVOLUTION???? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4590307 - 08/28/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

it's not evolution, it's more like the Gremlins....pour water on 'em and all hell breaks loose! they multiply, and even tho' the first thread (gremlin) was cute and innocent,...all the ones to follow are just a nuisance...and must be killed.

--------------------

Offlineaig
Stranger

Re: Re: Re: Re-EVOLUTION???? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4609602 - 09/01/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is evolution and that we evolved from evolution. Are we going to debate gravity next?

--------------------
The things you own end up owning you.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Re: Re: Re-EVOLUTION???? [Re: aig]
    #4610400 - 09/01/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh great another evolution thread! now where did I put my sanity? oh yes there it is. oh.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4610435 - 09/01/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Do you know what a theory is? Have you ever researched what science truely is?

There are no facts, only theories that have been confirmed through all the logic, observations and evidence gathered. Ever heard of "cellular theory" or "atomic theory"? Of course, cells are "just a theory" and not fact, so why put faith in cells? Or atoms, for that matter? Perhaps all the evidence is wrong and we're created out of earth, fire, air and water.

People who argue something is "just a theory" are lacking elementary knowledge of science.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: Ravus]
    #4610897 - 09/01/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Uh huh.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4610904 - 09/01/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:syringe: :heart:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4612237 - 09/02/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Do you know what a theory is? Have you ever researched what science truely is?

There are no facts, only theories that have been confirmed through all the logic, observations and evidence gathered. Ever heard of "cellular theory" or "atomic theory"? Of course, cells are "just a theory" and not fact, so why put faith in cells? Or atoms, for that matter? Perhaps all the evidence is wrong and we're created out of earth, fire, air and water.

People who argue something is "just a theory" are lacking elementary knowledge of science.

Hehe, we also could consist out of static waves, hehe hehe

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4612420 - 09/02/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

so what is your proof?

My highschool biology teacher taught me a lot of interesting things about evolutionary theory. I can tell you that there is no doubt in any scientists mind that the genetic make-up of living organisms changes over time, and therefore the organisms themselves change.

We may not understand everything about how this change occurs, but we didn't understand a lot of things before we researched them more. That doesn't mean that they were wrong, just that they were incomplete, as most theories are. That's why they're THEORIES.

I think it's sad that in this day and age people still deny widely proven scientific facts...

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4612913 - 09/02/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"so what is your proof?"
I am just rumbling, no real proof yet, only existence of atoms as a 'probability-model' that looks like a standing 3D wave. If all matter consists of 3D-wave-atoms, then interaction between everything is a much wave-ier thing to consider.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: Twirling]
    #4613900 - 09/02/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
Quote:

uriahchase said:

Nope, it's about adaptation and survival. Those threads survive and regenerate themselves because it's a useful trait for gaining attention. Thus, carrying on it's genetic material until you changed the environment so that we know look down on evolution threads.  :stoned:

You just made evolution threads extinct. Good job!

I have always thought that adaptation and survival are TRIGGERS of evolution. Let's take some toads from highlands of Holland, the UV was doing so much demage to their inner organs (because the toads skin is VERY thin) the toads grew a fine black film around their major organs such as liver and lungs to protect themselves...if thats not evolution then wtf?

Pluto

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: Tien]
    #4613912 - 09/02/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Adaptation and survival are part of the broader spectrum of evolution. In most people's minds, they are evolution, but there is more to evolution (as in simply evolving) than this, such as the random effects genes can have on populations, even if those genes don't necessarily give them more survival benefits. But that's really secondary to the main point of natural selection.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #4616790 - 09/03/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

deep down in my heart, i know we are here because of evolution. Unless god comes down from the skies and talks to me personally, i will never change my decision about how we came to be...

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: danlennon3]
    #4618261 - 09/04/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

so where is evolution? where are the apes that are in the midst of becoming human, neither ape nor human? why aren't we seeing them around us now? adaptation does not account for the evolutionary theory that it changes from one type of animal to another.

an animal given a different enviroment will adapt to become different than the original but they do not become a different animal.

take an enviroment where all the food is at a high level, the animals most likely to survive would be the tallest. the shorter ones would die off. the offspring would pass their same beneficial characteristics to their offspring. come back many generations later and there is nothing left but the tall ones. that doesn't turn a tall zebra into a giraffe. it just gives you tall zebras.

faced with this problem with their evolutionary theory, they came up with a subtheory since they couldn't find examples around us. the new theory is that the evolutionary process is not slow. instead there are times in earths history where sudden changes in enviroment and such created sudden genetic mutations. causing genetic leaps and spurts.

they claim since we are not currently in one of those stages, we can't find any current examples.

neanderthal man is considered by many evolutionists to be no more than a man with vitamin d deficency and rickets due to his enviroment. during the ice age the lack of sunlight and fresh foods containing vitamin d would cause rickets resulting in bowing of the legs and heavy cranial formations of the brow.

therefore many of these scientists that once held up such reamins as evolutionary evidence are now claiming it is just human living in poor conditions. this is but a tip of the iceberg of the many faults found in such theories. which is absolutely all they are.

if the same amount of time, money, and manpower had been used by mainstream science to prove intelligent design over the last 50yrs. and all evidences and theories were put forth as being equally possible.... intelligent design would have never been put on the back burner. unfortunately, intelligent design gets a mere fraction of the money and manpower that evolutionary theory gets. what gets pushed the hardest at the society gets the most backing and credibility....plain and simple.

the only thing science has done is show us how many times it changes it's theories based on new evidence. they swear one thing is the truth today and they show you all their reasons behind it. then the technology advances or new evidence is discovered and shows them they were wrong. so they give us a new theory and that one is now the "truth". until the next time they find something that contradicts it....ad infinitum......

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: Bamaman]
    #4618278 - 09/04/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bamaman said:
so where is evolution? where are the apes that are in the midst of becoming human, neither ape nor human? why aren't we seeing them around us now? adaptation does not account for the evolutionary theory that it changes from one type of animal to another.

an animal given a different enviroment will adapt to become different than the original but they do not become a different animal.

take an enviroment where all the food is at a high level, the animals most likely to survive would be the tallest. the shorter ones would die off. the offspring would pass their same beneficial characteristics to their offspring. come back many generations later and there is nothing left but the tall ones. that doesn't turn a tall zebra into a giraffe. it just gives you tall zebras.

faced with this problem with their evolutionary theory, they came up with a subtheory since they couldn't find examples around us. the new theory is that the evolutionary process is not slow. instead there are times in earths history where sudden changes in enviroment and such created sudden genetic mutations. causing genetic leaps and spurts.

they claim since we are not currently in one of those stages, we can't find any current examples.

neanderthal man is considered by many evolutionists to be no more than a man with vitamin d deficency and rickets due to his enviroment. during the ice age the lack of sunlight and fresh foods containing vitamin d would cause rickets resulting in bowing of the legs and heavy cranial formations of the brow.

therefore many of these scientists that once held up such reamins as evolutionary evidence are now claiming it is just human living in poor conditions. this is but a tip of the iceberg of the many faults found in such theories. which is absolutely all they are.

if the same amount of time, money, and manpower had been used by mainstream science to prove intelligent design over the last 50yrs. and all evidences and theories were put forth as being equally possible.... intelligent design would have never been put on the back burner. unfortunately, intelligent design gets a mere fraction of the money and manpower that evolutionary theory gets. what gets pushed the hardest at the society gets the most backing and credibility....plain and simple.

the only thing science has done is show us how many times it changes it's theories based on new evidence. they swear one thing is the truth today and they show you all their reasons behind it. then the technology advances or new evidence is discovered and shows them they were wrong. so they give us a new theory and that one is now the "truth". until the next time they find something that contradicts it....ad infinitum......

Ha damn I had a few paragraph argument talking about all the reasons why what you said is wrong, but I closed the window on accident, so I will say:
BANANAS are delicious..and frolic away...
Edit: If no one fields this one in a bit of time, I guess ill rewrite it.

Edited by TheCow (09/04/05 12:09 AM)

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: EVOLUTION???? [Re: TheCow]
    #4618585 - 09/04/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

maybe it doesnt have as much backing as the evolutionary theory because it doesn't make as much sense?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom