Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefredyjenkins
Stranger
liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?!
    #4583495 - 08/26/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know if this is advanced.. I did search the forum and didtn find anything -Really- covering this. forgive me if it's not advanced or just already covered somewhere..

ok the idea is to do a karo tech liquid culture, and then inoculate peroxyde grains with it.. You see once you have the liquid culture you inoculate the grains, and with the peroxyde you can do grain to grain forever contam free 100% of the time..! or well , we can inject the liquid culture into peroxyde agar !! you know where i'm getting at?! with this as a tek.. we can say good bye to the flow hood and put our glove boxes to rest , while working in a filthy room full of shit! :laugh:

1) will it work? liquid culture isnt spores so i think that yes it will???

2) how to do peroxyde grains!? have a link someone?

3) any of you have tried this?! or something like it :wink:

--------------------
-English is not my native language. So im not retarded, i'm just not very engligh articulate. Please forgive me for my bad writing! :wink: Thank you! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetops008
Avid Student
Re: liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?! [Re: fredyjenkins]
    #4583889 - 08/26/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Not quite, but good thinking. Peroxide only kills spores, not bacteria and mold that's already germinated.

Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
Re: liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?! [Re: tops008]
    #4587298 - 08/27/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, it kills bacteria that are germinated just not mold that has already germinated. At high enough concentrations it will kill everything pretty much including your higher fungi. I think it is a good idea, but... First of all, you don't want the grains to germinate so you would still need to cook them. Second, Your LC has to be completely free of contams that are fungi. If there are invisible contams, this is a problem. So you still need a flowhood to make your LCs. And be careful, if you add too much H2O2 you will kill your mycelium, but if you miss any spots on the grain, you better believe that contams will pop up. Also, there is the question of how deep the peroxide penetrates. I suspect that there are bacteria and mold spores inside the grains. All in all, I think your idea is much better theoretically than in practice. But, if you are innoculating with LC, feel free to add peroxide in addition to the standard procedure at a low rate. Peroxide slays bacteria mercilessly. Cool idea. Peace.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?! [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #4587399 - 08/27/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It will work.
Try searching for peroxide by my name, I know I've posted a fair amount of info on it over the years, not sure if it's still online though, a lot of stuff just disappears over the years. I usually used the word peroxidated grain, try that.

In general though, you just sterilize the grain, add maybe 5-15 cc's of peroxide once cool, shake and go.

Anyway, the peroxide won't be as effective on the first jar because the LC will break down a lot of the peroxide. But the first gen masters are easy to make without a flow hood anyway. Then use the peroxidated grain for G2G's.

I found that quart jars, a double layer of tyvek held in place by the ring, shoot straight through the tyvek, then hot glue it. You can usually do this in a clean room without a flow hood with 99+ success.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinebloodbob
Stranger
Re: liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?! [Re: mycofile]
    #4588857 - 08/27/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

peroxide isn't really effective on grains because the grains contain enezymes that break it down. You still require Pressure Cooking.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: liquid culture to peroxyde grains...?! [Re: bloodbob]
    #4589884 - 08/28/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that doesn't mean it isn't effective, silly. Try this experiment.
jar A
pressure cook as normal
jar B
pressure cook as normal, then when cool add 10 cc's of 3% H2O2

Take both jars into your bathroom. OPEN them up and set them on the counter. Take a shit. Flush the toilet. Let the jars sit for a minute. Now recap the jars and incubate them. 3 days later jar a is a microcosmic polyculture (aka contam city) while jar b will often be as clean as it was when it came of the pc.

This is indeed very effective, particularly when doing grain 2 grain transfers in the open air.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags