Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

DXM-My realasation
    #4587939 - 08/27/05 06:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well this was a life changing bad trip because of a lucky misdose of DXM.

I'll start off by explaining how the misdose happened. Usually when dosing I do it in fractions of a bottle of Max Strength Robitussin. I had decided a good dose for this particular night would be 1 bottle. So I went up to the store and got a bottle, upon getting home I chugged the bottle. Soon after this when putting the bottle up there was a bottle that I had used before, this new one was substantially bigger.

So this sent me to a threshold of the 3rd plateu. When it kicked in it kicked in like normal, double vision, rigid walking, seems like your above or behind yourself. But then all of a sudden I was thrown into a sort of limbo world for what seemed like an eternity, but it wasn't really more than an instant. After that the 'limbo' seemed to shatter and I was back to my body. But everyhting was different colors were drasticly different, it was less clear cut than everyhting was tinted blue or something like that, they were just colors as I had never seen them before. The same was with touch, smell, and taste. I suddenly realised I wasn't me anymore I was somebody else. So I sat down and started watching futurama (something odd I didn't notice at the time but becomes important later on was their were no commercials) and after it was over I went into limbo again. This time it was different, all there was was thinking and thats the only thing I could do. The only thing I can remember thinking is 'I have permenent psychosis, i'm fucked now I'll wake up years later in a mental hospitol' for a few hours (BTW I wasn;t thinking with words I was thinking with understaning). When suddenly the world seemed to shatter again and when i snapped back I was falling, but when I was on the ground I realised I was me again. When I looked at the time only about 20 seconds had passed since I first started going into limbo. I had never sat down and watched tv and the futurama i watched was purely from memory (hence the no commercials). After this i returned to the 2nd plateu level for the rest of the night, and I thought. I realised that the world is real but how see, feel, hear, taste, and smeel it is heavily altered (its a neurology fact that what you see is in your head and based off the light that you perceive) and somebody else's senses are altered differently than yours. I also came to realise that we don't live in reality but drugs can give us instances of it.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: ThePredator]
    #4590185 - 08/28/05 05:18 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

all this from robitussin? what the... i thought it was just a cough medicine drink. im gonna buy me some of that then. i had no idea. the bad trip does suck, you should of waited till you were in a good state of mind. you feel better now at least?

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: JEDI]
    #4590450 - 08/28/05 11:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

JEDI....before you drink any cough medicine.

Make sure the active ingedients are

Dextromethorphan Hbr ONLY

Well, Pseudoephedrine is also acceptable.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4591260 - 08/28/05 04:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LazyCrash said:
JEDI....before you drink any cough medicine.

Make sure the active ingedients are

Dextromethorphan Hbr ONLY

Well, Pseudoephedrine is also acceptable.

they sell those in local drug stores right? like sav-on, etc?

OfflineThePredator

#4592392 - 08/28/05 10:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Psuedoephedrine is not alright, it can give you a heart attact or a stroke. They sell them in any drug store and most grocery stores, for your first time I would suggest about a third of a bottle, its a dissasociative so the effects can be very disconcerning the first time.

--------------------

OfflineJEDI
Stranger
    #4593983 - 08/29/05 03:16 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ThePredator said:
Psuedoephedrine is not alright, it can give you a heart attact or a stroke. They sell them in any drug store and most grocery stores, for your first time I would suggest about a third of a bottle, its a dissasociative so the effects can be very disconcerning the first time.

oh ok, so it has reverse tolerance?

OfflineThePredator

#4595159 - 08/29/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No you build up a tolerance but too much the first time can be very upsetting (the whole slightly detached form your body is kinda weird) then you can start doing whole bottles since you have a grasp on the effects.

--------------------

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4605960 - 08/31/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Pseudoephridine can make the trip better in my experience. Only up to the 2nd plateau, though.

If you plan to go to the 3rd or higher, than ThePredator is right about it being bad for your heart.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4625306 - 09/06/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It depends on the person also, my first time I did 8oz and had an absolute blast with myself, listened to DSoTM over and over for a 6 hour period  :smirk:, had some great OEV's too. Wasn't til I did 12oz that I had OoBE's, Astral Projection, etc.

But back to the main point, yeah it depends on you.. if you like seeing how far out you can get and don't get freaked out easily (esp. with things like, coming to terms with yourself that your dead -- been there many times) then it's all cool, but starting low isn't bad either.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: Sinistral]
    #4689323 - 09/21/05 08:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This is why DXM is getting a bad rap at the Shroomery. People are giving flawed advice on how to take DXM and people are having bad trips.

NO, Pseudoephedrine is NOT acceptable in a DXM product. No other active ingredients should be present. The only acceptable one is guaifenesin, and that can sometimes give nausea.

A 4 oz bottle of Robitussin Max Cough contains 350mg of DXM. A first timer should ideally not exceed that, so that they can monitor their personal reaction to the chemical. Increase dosing only if the experience was pleasant.

JEDI, if you are interested in taking DXM, first be sure you do not take an MAOI or SSRI. Acceptable products only contain dextromethorphan (DXM). If you find drinking syrup to be a queasy idea, you can buy Robitussin Cough Gels (20 gels, 300mg). Don't exceed 350mg your first time, but 350mg itself is a pretty good starter dose in my opinion. Be mentally prepared, just as if you are shrooming. DXM is powerful just like any other psychoactive.

--------------------

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: matchbook]
    #4691401 - 09/21/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matchbook said:
This is why DXM is getting a bad rap at the Shroomery.  People are giving flawed advice on how to take DXM and people are having bad trips.

NO, Pseudoephedrine is NOT acceptable in a DXM product.  No other active ingredients should be present.  The only acceptable one is guaifenesin, and that can sometimes give nausea.

A 4 oz bottle of Robitussin Max Cough contains 350mg of DXM.  A first timer should ideally not exceed that, so that they can monitor their personal reaction to the chemical.  Increase dosing only if the experience was pleasant.

JEDI, if you are interested in taking DXM, first be sure you do not take an MAOI or SSRI.  Acceptable products only contain dextromethorphan (DXM).  If you find drinking syrup to be a queasy idea, you can buy Robitussin Cough Gels (20 gels, 300mg).  Don't exceed 350mg your first time, but 350mg itself is a pretty good starter dose in my opinion.  Be mentally prepared, just as if you are shrooming.  DXM is powerful just like any other psychoactive.

i agree with that for the most part, except that dose. id start well below that. my first "dose" was only 60mg.. 60mg. and i felt that. it wasnt much, but i could definately feel myself being altered slightly. my hardest trip ever on dxm was from one 4oz which is 350mg, even tho i have gone up to 600mg+ of powder.

just start low, really low, and work your way up. i say start low because if you're enzyme defficent, and take 350mg, you will be FUCKED up. not in a good way. people with the defficency trip hard on small doses, too hard.

watch out for the missing time and blackouts too.. i've done stuff while on dxm that i was unaware of completely. i had zero recollection of doing the stuff i did, and if i were able chose between staying in my room tripping.. or walking upstairs to my mom and asking her to watch cartoons with me when i was in another universe.. well, id choose #1.

i dont want to sound like a preacher here or anything, just giving my two cents and part of my experiences with DXM. i could post some of the reports and logs i (tried) to write while tripping, but they're pretty embarassing since i got extreme mind loops while on dxm, among other things.

have fun, stay safe and if you do dabble with DXM, use DXM-ONLY products.. no pseudo, nothing... gauf wont hurt you but itll either give you nausea, roboshits, or some other stuff youd be better off not having. it should be a no brainer, why go for anything else?  :crazy2:

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: DXM-My realasation [Re: pH_]
    #4691568 - 09/21/05 08:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You are right about the enzyme deficiency possibility. I already knew about that, but didn't really take that into proper consideration. It's just that chances are if someone is enzyme deficient and will have an adverse reaction to DXM they would have known it already from taking cough syrup at some point in their life, although it could still go by unnoticed. Even if there is an enzyme deficiency 350 mg would not cause any long-term harm, it would just probably equal a much higher dose experience with the negative side effects.

But to be safe, just chug about 1/4 a bottle of Robitussin (if that is the product you get) and study the reaction to see if it is negative. I doubt anyone except for a toddler could actually get a "trip" out of less than 100 mg, so don't expect a trip. Also this is not a recommendation. What I'm saying is for information purposes only.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports