Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping
    #4587202 - 08/27/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what you think.

This board goes for days or weeks with new posts coming up and they all seem to be in rhythm with current themes and flows and cycles.

Every now and again, some one bumps an old post up and the energy is very different as it was from an older flow of order, a personal one anyway, maybe not collective.

I seem to almost always have replies in the older ones that get bumped up. It's weird to me because, I am out of the flow I was in when focused on that topic.

It's like being in 2nd gear on your ten speed bike and watching yourself fly past you in tenth gear or like being in tenth and passing yourself by in 2nd gear.

In a way it's interesting because, it reflects a non linear "happening" which is what is happening outside of the linear experience.

If the energy isn't live in the now, it feels dead to me. Reading myself in old posts as if I posted them today or yesterday is like watching dead ghost/ phantoms of myself whirl around.

I don't know what it is I am saying. It's like watching myself time jump only, I am not the one making the the maneuvers when others do the bumping. It's like someone messing around with your grave site and digging up old bones. Or like someone bringing you back to life from the dead. Creepy is a good word for it.

How do any of you feel when old posts get bumped but continue on as if they are fresh from today without a mention of a bump? Maybe some replies will help me to sort through the odd feelings I have when that happens.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/27/05 11:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4587281 - 08/27/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I ride a fixed gear :smile:

My own posts are fairly recognizable and easy for me to relate to but occassionally a thread will take on a new dynamic after a second reading. I'll notice how posters are interacting on a level I didn't the first time around. Aside from that, the content is the same. I'm still who I was yesterday.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: orechron]
    #4587328 - 08/27/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You understand what I meant by gear. Thanks! Say you read an old thread and see it from a different level on the second pass, would'nt;t you have to have shifted gears to be able to do that and relate to it on a different level?

Maybe you just shift gears when reading and not typing. I'm never the same from day to day. I shift gears through out the day itself a lot too. Not just proverbially. Even on my actual bike I shift gears a lot as the landscapes and scenery changes. Some stuff I want to speed through where the roads are clear, some times I have to slow down because of traffic and sometimes, I want to slow down to look at things along the way.

None the less, on the boards when old posts come up, it's freaky reading my old stuff. It's like vroom, whoa, there's a turtle stuck in the mud, whats her problem or whoa, where is she in a hurry off too and what is she so freaking happy about and its all me at different points in time, coming together in the same day when they get bumped.

Thanks for sharing what you did. I'm still wondering if it feels weird to anyone else and if they can relate or have insight into why it feels creepy to me, like my buried dead coming back to life, only in a different version of me, not the one I am today and meeting someone else I don't relate to in the moment, but it's me?

:crazy2:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4587330 - 08/27/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

brake the stick.. :P

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: Pmog]
    #4587334 - 08/27/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

""as if they are fresh from today""

hehe

"as if!"

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4587352 - 08/27/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ya know, I was thinking yesterday about your stripped gears state. Remember that discussion? :lol: Funny you brought it up today and thatnks as it may be relevant to something else up the road in my thoughts today.

I dunno gomp. When I strip them, yeah, I'm floating where you are and its beautiful.

While floating, there is no way to gain traction to move around in the physical plane and without the gears no way to power and adjust the speed of that movement.

Flying around in the aethers is a whole different mechanistic and it is gearless. It seems moving in the physical plane has a different mechinism and it has gears and requires a grounding or resistance of sorts like a plane and the air, to get around.

I'm okay with that. What freaks me out is the ancient post bumping.

I'll think on it more.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
    #4587361 - 08/27/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My mention of fixed gears is really more indicative of my outlook on life than anything. When you're riding one of those bikes you MUST be pedaling cadence at all times. There is no coasting. If you want to slow the bike down you have to slow down yourself. When you come up to a hill you don't have to give any thought to what gear would be ideal because you don't have any choices. It's all the same, enjoy it.

Gomp your new avatar makes me think that you could very well hold up someones decapitated head with your left hand and maintain the grin. I think it's the roughness/coloring.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4587366 - 08/27/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pmog said:
""as if they are fresh from today""

hehe

"as if!"

The thing is, they aren't fresh. If I was stuck, I long since pulled out of the muck and if I was flying in deliriously happy land love land, maybe I since landed in mellow content land to rest.

Maybe some of you can relate better if you posted something when you were shroomin or stoned and then see that post come up later and don;t relate to that state.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4587371 - 08/27/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Ore, I agree with you on that shot of gomp. I told him before he looks demonic in it. He just laughed. Love you gomp! :kiss: I like the other one he had where he was laughing. He'll go back to it when his new computer comes.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4587500 - 08/27/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Okay Ore and gomp. Thanks. I figured it out with your help!

It has to do with self definitions for orienting oneself in physical space time. When I post, I am in some form of self definition "ego state" to interact with the world in the moment.

It would only make sense to experience some sort of non relation when I am met up with a different definition of myself, but it is all me none the less outside of the space time boundaries.

I just have to look at it that way to "role" with it, pun intended.

Thanks again guys! :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4587852 - 08/27/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am going to bump THIS thread when you least expect it....    :grin:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4587877 - 08/27/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hahahahaha. How bout it. If you want to confuse the piss out of me start bumping mega old threads I posted in.

Just today people were replying to a bumped one of swamis from May 6 as if it went up today thinking people were fighting here today. Not so.

It's actuallly been a very chill peaceful day here.

Leave the past where it is and let sleeping dogs lie. Today is a new day my friends! :hug: :heart: :peace:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4587904 - 08/27/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You know what confuses me? Why does Shroomery post the "related threads" of each thread. Who the fuck cares? And if you do, it's kind of like doing those stupid "find six differences in these two pictures" puzzles. I mean, what is the relation of this thread to my Hummingbird thread? Does the Shroomery pay Google to do some kind of search and come up with this stuff?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4587907 - 08/27/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Where would we be without our history....?  :wink:

You collect and look thru old family photo albums don'tcha~....? 
It is still you in the pictures - different hair style or not....    :sun:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4587936 - 08/27/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It is still you in the pictures - different hair style or not....

You must be young and not have lived through the late '70s. When I look at my "hair style" and glasses coupled with some of the ugliest clothes imaginable (polyester leisure suits and polyester shirts so vividly bright they hurt your eyes) it is history better left alone.

Those pictures are safely tucked out of sight in boxes shoved in the back corner.

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (08/27/05 04:11 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4587946 - 08/27/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Our history is not today. Are you the same person you were in grade school, highschool, in your first relationship , in your last? Nope, you;ve grown and changed.

I typical don't engage in strolls down memory lane to often and am not a sentimental person. Old energy to me feels dense. My days keep getting better and better as I learn from my past and grow.

Sure, parts of who I am are in my past but I am much more today and some parts have been replaced with new and improved parts. I don't want to be labeled today for what I was way back when, do you? People should be allowed to change and move on from their past.

To each his own.

I don't like to hang out in the past for any longer then I have to, to remember an old lesson learned that I can apply to my now to shape a better future.

Just my opinion. I change to fast to relate to my past.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4587967 - 08/27/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

I was born in 1970, my mom cut my hair, and I had hand-me-down clothes from a cousin of frugal parents....   

Unfortunately, the pictures are not in my possession....  :blush:

Funny thing is, the ones I think look "funny" are the ones that other family members like....    Go figure....!

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4587986 - 08/27/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Sure, parts of who I am are in my past but I am much more today and some parts have been replaced with new and improved parts. I don't want to be labeled today for what I was way back when, do you? People should be allowed to change and move on from their past.

Is someone else labeling you, or are you labeling yourself....?    :wink:

Some people that may read your old posts may be in a time of their POV that they might be able to closely relate to what you were feeling at the time....  It is not as much a label as it may be an external connection/synchronicity with someone else....

Change is fine, for the most part, it is what life is....

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4588128 - 08/27/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Unfortunately, the pictures are not in my possession....

Find them, and destroy them.  Just kidding. 

Of course other people like making fun of the pictures you don't like.  :tongue:  Isn't playful teasing or even downright in your face laughing by others one of the joys of looking at some of those old pictures?

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Rhythm and Cycles-ancient post bumping [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4588146 - 08/27/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, very much so....!   

(But, I never told them the ones I think are goofy - that would just egg them on...!)

Luckily, my sister got the hand-me-down clothing as well, and my dad had a fro....    :lol:

Old pictures are fun, and funny....  My, how things change....

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies