Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenavyseals101
Stranger
Male

Getting a little discouraged..........
    #4585863 - 08/27/05 01:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The more i seem to read here the more i seem to get confused, i used to think it would be simple to grow mushrooms but now that i think of it thier is alot of things i must acquire and alot of variables i must control...

I live in So Cal and it gets hot here, im going to put my rubbermaid up in my freinds addick. I have no means of humidity control or temperature control, and im slightly confused about lighting. When i have my terranium set to 78F and when my addick goes to like 80 then my temperature will be to high.

Can i use an incadescent light? I see no need to have a blue spectrum light if the only reason a mushroom needs light is to no which way is up.

Im thinking about using a electric hot pad, i dont know how well this will work but its all i have right now, I have heard somone on here tell me not to use one, has anyone had any experiance with them? ive also been thinking about having an incadescent inside my terranium for a heater lol

Would wet perlite be make sufficient humidity? And is my drip shield supposed to be at a steep angle? because the steeper the angle the less room ill have so im wondering if i can make it like slightly off horizontal so i can fit more cakes. After you get a humidifer, like the one from albertsons how do you connect it do you terranium?

Does anyone have some really low budget ways of controling the atmosphere inside of the terranium; i only have 25 dollars and i already have a drip shield and terranium/vermiculite

--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenavyseals101
Stranger
Male

Re: Getting a little discouraged.......... [Re: navyseals101]
    #4585877 - 08/27/05 01:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Also i see alot of people with tubberware containers filled with mushrooms, how are they doing this? what is the method called? and is it worth it for a newb like me to try?

--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting a little discouraged.......... [Re: navyseals101]
    #4586040 - 08/27/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

navyseals101 said:
I live in So Cal and it gets hot here, im going to put my rubbermaid up in my freinds addick. I have no means of humidity control or temperature control, and im slightly confused about lighting. When i have my terranium set to 78F and when my addick goes to like 80 then my temperature will be to high.

an attic will get to about 90F if the temps outside are 30F, in the summer it can reach as high as 160F, an attick is a bad place to try growing

Quote:

Can i use an incadescent light? I see no need to have a blue spectrum light if the only reason a mushroom needs light is to no which way is up.

you can but incandescents give off a lot of heat, fluros are cheap, cool and
provide much of the light spectrum you want, blue isnt as important as just
having light

Quote:

Im thinking about using a electric hot pad, i dont know how well this will work but its all i have right now, I have heard somone on here tell me not to use one, has anyone had any experiance with them? ive also been thinking about having an incadescent inside my terranium for a heater lol

in the terrarium you dont need extra heat, you want temps around 68-74F, sounds like you need to read the cultivation FAQ

Quote:

Would wet perlite be make sufficient humidity? And is my drip shield supposed to be at a steep angle? because the steeper the angle the less room ill have so im wondering if i can make it like slightly off horizontal so i can fit more cakes.

you dont need the drip shield, perlite is fine for helping to maintain humidity
hand misting is capable of keeping it high enough to make the mushies happy, read the FAQ

Quote:

After you get a humidifer, like the one from albertsons how do you connect it do you terranium?

Does anyone have some really low budget ways of controling the atmosphere inside of the terranium; i only have 25 dollars and i already have a drip shield and terranium/vermiculite

sounds like you need to read lots more, start here

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3171

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation