Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
small problem with a karo lc
    #4583169 - 08/26/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My needles are too short to suck out any more that one syringe full of lc, after that it won't reach the liquid. I made them 100cc each in half pint jars, 4cc karo, 96cc water. I guess I wasn't thinking when I used lids with only a hole in the center. Is there a way to salvage this, if not I can use a little of my lc to start some new ones right?

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: luckytriple6]
    #4583277 - 08/26/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you could try punching in a new hole.. or just shake your jar up real good and brake up all the mycilum then suck it up.. just some ideas, i always have the same problem i just shake the jar and tilt it so i can get as much as i can.. and i have make LC from LC with sucess. GL, l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlineequad0r3
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4583309 - 08/26/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you could open the jar in a glovebox and suck it out that way :wink:

--------------------
John Allen/PESH casings

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

#4583360 - 08/26/05 09:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

couldnt you add some sterile water to bring the level up?

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #4583379 - 08/26/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im not sure i really understand you. but from what i can read, just tilt the jar.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4583535 - 08/26/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I thought of adding sterile water to raise up the level but I figured that would end up diluting it and ruining it. Even with tilting the jar I can only suckup one syringe full, thats how I planned on getting it out in the first place. Maybe I could get an extra long needle? Are they made extra long? I can't just go into the feed stores around here and buy syringes and needles, my gf used to work at one and they required some sort of documention to buy them. I think the glovebox is sounding real good, I guess its and excuse to build one, but sadly I'm broke so I won't be able to do it for a while

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

Offlineequad0r3
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4583767 - 08/26/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

no problem bro - just grab a rubbermaid container and wipe it out with alcohol / lysol the air around it and tilt it sideways so the opening is facing you. Place the jar inside the container towards the back and voila - ghetto ass "glovebox". I do this for making syringes - haven't had a problem yet.

--------------------
John Allen/PESH casings

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: equad0r3]
    #4584955 - 08/26/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: agar]
    #4585111 - 08/26/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

put the hole to the side of the lid... 

or do the gheto box ^^....  just as long as you dont open it up in an open room you should be okay..  make sure your motives are  quick and sure!!

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4585396 - 08/26/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what type of tubing is that agar

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: mskip23]
    #4585511 - 08/26/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Equipment required: Thin brass or copper tube stock; old needle, drop of clear epoxy, tape. Tools required: Wire cutter; nail file, sand paper, or sharpening stone; drill with a fine bit (best if you could match the tubing diameter); vise, heavy clamp, or vicegrips; toothpick or nail; heat lamp (optional).

This is an easy project for a nice mycelial syringe that will reach to the bottoms of pint jars. Big bang for the buck when used with Honey/Dextrose Teks, and Syringe Cloning Teks.

Go to a large hobby shop or shop a hobby supply on-line. You will find 18 inch length hard copper and brass tube stock for this project... Under a buck.

Measure out a length that will reach the bottom of a pint jar and cut with a pair of wirecutters. File, sand, or sharpen the tube round and smooth where it was cut.

With a pair of wirecutters clip off the old stainless steel needle from it's plastic base. The idea is to convert old unusable needles into heart attack sized needles suitable for shooting Karo or other Liquid Tek deep into Pints & Quarts of PF substrate, fluffed brown rice, Grain, whatever

Mount the old needle base gently in a vise or clamp of some type and carefully drill out the aluminum press fit nipple that held the stainless steel needle. Drill the aluminum press fitted nipple from the inside out.

Insert the cleaned metal tubing down into the plastic nipple, and push it through until an inch or two is left extending from the inside of the plastic nipple. Carefully apply some epoxy to end of the tubing with a toothpick or nail. Then pull it down into the nipple and twist it gently to settle the epoxy in. Make sure the epoxy will not obstruct fluids from passing through the assembly. Hold together with tape, best if gently cured under a heat lamp.

The needle may be boiled or steam sterilized. The PC is always best. Do not flame this needle, it has to be cleaned with alcohol. After several flamings the material loses it's temper and will become bendy. Just sterilize in the PC and keep em wiped down with alcohol. They work great because the large diameter sucks up chunky mycelia solutions much better than standard injection needles, the extra length means deep long injections into pint jars. If the inoculum is hot, pints shot with this needle will routinely beat out 1/2 pints colonizing. Nice syringe for shooting 9er Tek, Quart Jars, and Grain Teks with PF or Polyfil lids.

Total cost: $3.00 for the whole rig with a new syringe. Construction time: about 45 minutes

Oh, To Sterilize: Wrap the needle and barrel in a strip of heavy duty aluminum foil, making a foil tube with the flange of the syringe barrel sticking out. Fill the syringe with water and place in the PC. If the assembly is too long to fit, separate the needle and wrap separately, making sure you can unfold the wrapping with gloves on in the Box. All needles & syringes should be rinsed with sterile water after each session.

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: small problem with a karo lc [Re: buggers]
    #4585559 - 08/26/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

buggers said:
couldnt you add some sterile water to bring the level up?

adding to is always a bad idea, you could always end up adding a contam

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures