Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO]
    #4584557 - 08/26/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison - blames "really bad drug problem"

August 26, 2005 - gjsentinel.com

Thomas Taylor, the Grand Junction man convicted in June for stealing dozens of pairs of underwear from women in his apartment complex, was sentenced Thursday to a total of 30 years in prison.

In a separate case, Taylor, 23, pleaded guilty in late June to peeping at a 72-year-old woman while she used the bathroom at the Bank of Colorado in January. Three years of his sentence stem from that conviction.

Two of Taylor's victims, a young woman whose panties he stole and the 72-year-old woman he watched in the bathroom, talked about the stress and fear that followed their victimization. The older woman said she can no longer use public restrooms, and the younger woman said she deliberately moved to an apartment complex with a high security presence.

A tearful Taylor apologized to the women.

"I can't take back what I've done. I've made some bad decisions," Taylor said. "I'm sorry you had to go through what you've had to go through."

Taylor blamed his actions on a "really bad drug problem" with marijuana.

Taylor's mother pleaded with District Court Judge David Bottger not to sentence her son to prison. She also apologized to the two victims present and hugged them after addressing the court.

Bottger called Taylor's characterization of his crimes as "bad decisions" an extraordinary understatement. Taylor, who became a convicted sex offender while still a juvenile, has become more and more bold in his violations of women since he was first arrested in 1995, Bottger said.

A recent psychosexual evaluation of Taylor found that while he's not a psychopath, he "lacks deep emotional responses," is an elevated risk for "use of force" in the future and has an "extremely poor" ability to display empathy, according to prosecutor Dan Rubinstein.

"The people of Mesa County and the people of the state of Colorado are not safe with Mr. Taylor on the streets," Rubinstein said.

Taylor's lawyer, public defender Will McNulty, said Taylor's crimes were nonviolent and that the statements in the evaluation were exaggerated and contradictory, and at one point referred to Taylor as "Travis," rather than Thomas. The evaluation also incorrectly stated that Taylor was convicted of sexual assault on a child, according to McNulty.

The defense asked the court to sentence Taylor, who has an infant son, to probation or another community-based sentence and sex-offender treatment.

"We certainly acknowledge that he has a problem with impulse control," McNulty said. "... He said he's never had a serious treatment program offered to him, and he's willing to take advantage of that."

Bottger said he has never seen a psychosexual evaluation that reports such dim prospects for rehabilitation. He added that Taylor is "still blaming marijuana, still concocting these stories, lying about what he said and claiming that others lied about what he said."

The defense claimed during trial that police fabricated Taylor's confession that he broke into two apartments to steal panties.

Bottger said Taylor already has victimized nine women, and "I'm determined there shall not be a number 10."

Taylor received two 12-year consecutive sentences for two first-degree burglary convictions. Two three-year sentences, to run consecutive to the others, were ordered for the bank peeping incident and one count of trespassing. Two other three-year sentences for trespassing will run concurrent with the 12-year sentences, Bottger ruled.

Taylor's wife, Melanie, who testified against her husband during his trial, was first to report her husband for stealing underwear last August. Nearly nine-months pregnant at the time, Melanie Taylor then started questioning women living at Aspen Leaf Place, 960 Bookcliff Ave., about whether their panties were missing.

After Thomas Taylor's arrest on Oct. 16, 2004, police found 71 pairs of underwear in the Taylors' apartment, none of which belonged to Melanie, according to witness testimony.

Melanie Taylor also testified that her husband would sometimes wear the panties he stole.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesherm
sherman
 User Gallery

Loc: Euthanasia
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: veggie]
    #4584611 - 08/26/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

noway
30 years for stealing underwear?!?!

--------------------
shroomery.
not even once.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: sherm]
    #4584658 - 08/26/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I knew sherm would be the first to comment on this one :lol: :sherm:

Invisibledr_gonz
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4584843 - 08/26/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Taylor blamed his actions on a "really bad drug problem" with marijuana.

:whatever:

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: veggie]
    #4591342 - 08/28/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
police found 71 pairs of underwear in the Taylors' apartment, none of which belonged to Melanie
Melanie Taylor also testified that her husband would sometimes wear the panties he stole.

:handth:

Offlinejohahnchristo
breaktech beatengineer

Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: sander]
    #4595332 - 08/29/05 04:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

dude had it coming!!!! he had priors and everything. Heck just blaming weed usage should give him enough bad karma to get him in the shithouse for that many years! Face your problem don't blame it on a drug that couches you rather than motivates you! sounds more like he had a crack problem and was pissed off that he couldn't get any from his wife beause she was pregnant

--------------------
Shows I will be spinning at
Where Life Begins-Aug. 27th
Epidural Sept 2nd/5th
Enchanted Remixed sept 15/16th(for those who missed the first)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4674194 - 09/17/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

first of all, pot never made me feel the need to steal, panties at that..... and 30 years is completely rediculous, punishment doesnt fit the crime, i can recall rapists, pedophiles and sexual offenders who didnt even get half of that. at this rate in 15 years rape will be legalized while shoplifting will be mandatory life...... OR death.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4674203 - 09/17/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

oh shit.... i didnt realize this was that old of a post. *whistles while walking away*

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4675767 - 09/18/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
pot never made me feel the need to steal, panties

haha. well i guess that my pot is better then your pot.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: sander]
    #4679566 - 09/18/05 11:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
police found 71 pairs of underwear in the Taylors' apartment, none of which belonged to Melanie

So wait...His wife didnt have any underwear?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Panty thief sentenced to 30 years in prison [CO] [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4679659 - 09/19/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

haha i noticed that too. i dont know too many women that dont own ANY underwear..... gotta have some for that time of the month at least.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service