Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedcrad
Stranger
Did I do it wrong?
    #4584090 - 08/26/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Right, I got a fair amount on my first grow of GT (im new to this), there was however about 8 or so ones that didnt seem to be growing that much and never really looked like the rest - ie not flat and still quite round and small on the heads.

I decided to pick these? are these still ok or would they have grown more, as I left them for a good few days before i did so.

Secondly, I cleared the container of any ones that were really small,,,,i have a feeling these were pins??

Will I get some more growing or have I messed this one up? (its the only one I've got or will EVER be able to get so want to get some spore prints sorted if i get more grown)

Cheers for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomheartmother
MotivationalSpeaker

Re: Did I do it wrong? [Re: dcrad]
    #4584166 - 08/26/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i'm by no means knowledgable about this but here's my 2cents:

picking them early isn't a bad thing, if they seemed to stop growing, pick them, eat them, and let others shrooms benifit from the nutrients in the cake.

second... how long where they small? i'd give them two weeks before i got impatient...

there's some tips on rehydrating the cakes after the first harvest. you should read them... did you flip the cakes? i heard that helps...

--------------------
"When you die you're going to mushroom purgatory where the fungus will torment you for not taking better care of them. You will be eternally haunted by fungal nightmares."

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: Did I do it wrong? [Re: dcrad]
    #4584185 - 08/26/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

they were probly ur 2nd flush:crazy: if so then thats shitty and u killed some babys

if they had black heads and didnt seem to grow then they were aborts and those u want to pick:thumbup:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation