Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Humans = Monkeys?
    #4582748 - 08/26/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.screenhead.com/funny/dance_monkeys_dance.swf

Even Nihilism has trouble fitting in when you put it all in perspective like that.

I wonder in nature if other apes have their Jesus and Buddhas too? The apes that were pegged with coconuts until they fell out of the trees and broke their necks, and then the other monkey cults all see them as holy for being eaten by worms and start taking their crazy bullshit as the ultimate Truth.

Before I had trouble seeing homo sapiens in this light, but the more experience I gather the easier it gets. :wink:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: Ravus]
    #4582758 - 08/26/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4582763 - 08/26/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, we're all just a bunch of fucking monkeys, although I do think we're the only ones who make up crazy gods to worship and kill our fellow monkeys over. :shocked:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: faslimy]
    #4582778 - 08/26/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If amphibians evolved from fish, why are there still fish?

If all more advanced life evolved from simpler life, why is there simpler life? Why are there different species?

Humans and monkeys and apes are all just primates with a common ancestory, and the reason there are different species and different defenses is because natural selection can take many paths. If a tree keeps getting its leaves eaten in winter, perhaps trees in one area will, over thousands of generations, mutate to contain a poison in their leaves; other trees may just shed their leaves in fall. Other trees may just reproduce quicker so that there's too many of them for a few leaves to matter.

So why are there still fish? Because both fish and amphibians can survive on the earth, hence both the base and the more evolved organisms survive at the same time.

And why are there still more primitive primates? For exactly the same reason; they can survive in different areas. Humans simply evolved from a few monkeys, and we were almost extinct at one point, separated from all the other primates and made into something unique.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4582795 - 08/26/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

smart ape

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: faslimy]
    #4582815 - 08/26/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Smart for a monkey. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4582852 - 08/26/05 01:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
And why are there still more primitive primates? For exactly the same reason; they can survive in different areas. Humans simply evolved from a few monkeys, and we were almost extinct at one point, separated from all the other primates and made into something unique.

Exactly the same reason why there are humans that are more evolved than other humans. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4582861 - 08/26/05 01:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that may very well be true, but I've noticed that those who claim to be more "evolved" usually ain't....

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4582868 - 08/26/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Indeed; it's just mutations on a massive scale.

White people evolved from black people, but black people are still here. Why? Because it's just mutations in the end that is centered in one area, and mutations themselves are only chosen by Darwinism for select communities. Isolate them long enough and you'll end up with a separate species, but social Darwinism happened quickly enough where the different races are like undercooked pastries that are still wet enough to be mixed together and create different blends.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4582931 - 08/26/05 01:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
that may very well be true, but I've noticed that those who claim to be more "evolved" usually ain't....

This doesn't have anything to do with claims or vauge definitions of "evolved", but, rather, specific traits that are evident in different people, such as behaviors, understanding, etc. that aren't displayed by other humans. Evolution isn't limited to simply genetics; everything progresses by it - ideas and concepts, perspectives, etc. This lies seperate from the fact that someone might claim to be "evolved" (vaugely defined) and they may or may not be, it doesn't effect this in any real way. :grin:

If one human being has more developed analytical and logical skills than another person, than that person is more evolved than the other within that context (of course, if someone has developed a complete absence of these skills, then they are more evolved within that context :shocked:). If another human being has a more finely honed, intuitive sense and control of their fingers as it relates to specific functions (typing, musical instruments, etc.) than that person, then they are more evolved in that sense. Then whether or not a more developed area such as these will benefit that human being is also within the realm of evolution (which is only a mechanism that doesn't favor any facet or outcome, it merely plays everything agansit each other, through constant interaction and time - its simply the progression of a system).

But now I'm ranting in a more general vein. :grin: I was originally intending to simply say that your comment doesn't have any bearing on this concept. :lol: :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineDeviate
    #4582966 - 08/26/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i've always seen humans as sophisticated apes, i'm not really sure what else one could see them as. can anyone enlighten me?

while its possible, i doubt apes have their jesus and buddhas because i don't believe they possess complex enough linquistic abilities to keep such traditions alive. sure there be an ape who is very respected by the tribe but i doubt any record of its life would be passed on to the next generation.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: Deviate]
    #4583016 - 08/26/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the gauge of sophistication is um, subjective to the species

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: Deviate]
    #4583017 - 08/26/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
sure there be an ape who is very respected by the tribe but i doubt any record of its life would be passed on to the next generation.

However, it is immensely amusing to consider it happening. :smirk:

Activate some dramatic imagery of a clan of monkeys who motion and grunt and squeal to each other about the great Tibiru of five generations ago, long since vanished, his body risen from the bottom of the river and launched into the sky by mysterious powers... his hand signal would be sacred, never to be gestured, except during the first monsoon... every morning, through the foggy mist of the rain forest, as the sun's rays glimmer through, every monkey kneels to the earth and offers themselves to him.... even though no living monkey in the clan, except for the wise, bearded monkey who lives in seclusion at the top of the tallest rubber tree (some say that he was his brother :shocked:) ever saw him, each monkey has a very clear, exalted image of him..... he serves as the focal point of each monkey's experience of life itself...

:shocked:

It is even more insane to actually place yourself as one of the monkeys, and to experience the moving, vibrant, dramatic emotions and experiences of going through all of this, without our own conceptions and experiences interfering...  :eek:

Has any research or experiments been done involving monkeys and spirituality? Can we convey that to them? :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4583217 - 08/26/05 07:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
http://www.screenhead.com/funny/dance_monkeys_dance.swf

Even Nihilism has trouble fitting in when you put it all in perspective like that.

I wonder in nature if other apes have their Jesus and Buddhas too? The apes that were pegged with coconuts until they fell out of the trees and broke their necks, and then the other monkey cults all see them as holy for being eaten by worms and start taking their crazy bullshit as the ultimate Truth.

Before I had trouble seeing homo sapiens in this light, but the more experience I gather the easier it gets. :wink:

Taoism has no trouble with it. :grin: I have always seen the animal nature in us. The absurdity of our actions is cause for laughter. Now lets get on about the business of becomming more hedonistic monkeys and we can forget the whole issue.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#4583249 - 08/26/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

ToiletDuk said:

But now I'm ranting in a more general vein. :grin: I was originally intending to simply say that your comment doesn't have any bearing on this concept. :lol: :wink:

Ah...sorry! I suppose I should've clarified that statement a bit more.
I meant this is the context of one claiming to to be more "evolved" in that they claim to have all the answers to all life's problems and quandries and/or have had contact with extra-terrestrial beings, living several thousands or so past lives, having "special powers, etc., somehow making them somehow "special" and "better" (and by extension, more "evolved") than the rest of us primates. Usually, when they claim to have all the answers - they dont.

Of course, we apes all want and desire to somehow be "special", and that's just a part of being Homo Sap.. As Ernest Cline so aptly pointed out (and to paraphrase a bit): "[we all] want to be something different - but [we're] not.....

Edited by Le_Canard (08/26/05 08:33 AM)

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4583256 - 08/26/05 08:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
If amphibians evolved from fish, why are there still fish?

ever heard of common ancestry?

(Sp?)

:smile:

again.. Why are the monkeys still monkeys.. if we evolved from them?

I see it many if not all ways, but hers one..

water apes was.. then isolated in groups, developed in different directions.. hence...

apes, monkeys, and humans, got the same ancestry, but are FGS.. not decedents of the apes..

think about it for a second? drop that defense and think about it? ..
h?h?

like you 'state' in your question. if from fish, then why still fish here? well.. you figured out what I'm gonna say? hehe

amphibians evolved not from fish.. but fish and amphibians, evolved from what ever was in the ocean before we started calling them fish..

man this is to stupid.. he he

one take of billions! why do i bother typing this? (not to derail the topic) :smile:

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4583310 - 08/26/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

White people evolved from black people

really?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4583389 - 08/26/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How many ways can you ask "which came first, the chick or the egg?"

before you get the joke?

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Humans = Monkeys? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4583568 - 08/26/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
I meant this is the context of one claiming to to be more "evolved" in that they claim to have all the answers to all life's problems and quandries and/or have had contact with extra-terrestrial beings, living several thousands or so past lives, having "special powers, etc., somehow making them somehow "special" and "better" (and by extension, more "evolved") than the rest of us primates. Usually, when they claim to have all the answers - they dont.

:lol:

I think this quote of mine covers that one:

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
(of course, if someone has developed a complete absence of these skills [analytical and logical skills], then they are more evolved within that context :shocked:)

:wink: Well, it sort of covers that, perhaps it would work better if I said "critical thinking skills". :grin:

By the way, I wasn't intending to sound harsh towards you in that reply, it was simply my humor. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4583590 - 08/26/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We are not monkeys. We are more closely related to the great apes. Whether or not hominids can be considered another kind of ape is somewhat debatable, but I would venture to argue that hominids are a separate category of primate.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale