Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Grow Light, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWhAcKeD
Researcher
 User Gallery
A few fruiting ?'s
    #4582442 - 08/26/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1 After harvesting, how much should I mist my casings? I did about 6 full pumps from a misting bottle, from about 12" away, on each casing, this first time.
2 Why are my flushes so small? This first one I harvested about a dozen small mushrooms. My substrate is 1" thick + 1/4" casing.
3 Is 85% Humidity too low?
4 Should I be running my aquarium pump more than 6 hours per day? I don't fan. It pumps air into two bubble stones, each in the bottom of a tub of perlite and water, and the tubs sit at the back of my 40 gallon tank.
5 Is lighting that important? I have just been leaving a 40 watt soft white light on in the bathroom. Do I need to buy a timer and a Grow-Lux bulb?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: A few fruiting ?'s [Re: WhAcKeD]
    #4582517 - 08/26/05 01:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1. till the casing glistens..you dont want it saturated
2.could be your humidity, could be that you not fanning,or your  substrate's not that thick (the thicker your substrate the more flushes and the bigger shrooms you get.
3. yes i would get the humidity up to at least 90% or more wouldnt hurt some people say you dont need alot of humidity with casings but all seen people say thay had much success with casing's at 99% humidity
4. i would say your fine on that could maybe even let it go longer but i dont know
5. lighting is not real important. as far as how thay get it. but most people here prefer 12 on 12 off with florressents.

hope that helps
good luck :smile:

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: A few fruiting ?'s [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4583365 - 08/26/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1. you could dunk your casing that might help, its like dunking your pf jars just fill your casing container up with water and cover and put in fridge overnight then drain..

2. how big of a pan do you have it in.. you want around 2" of grain in your casing, atleast thats when ive gotten my best results, and your casing layer should be good you want it 1/4 the thickness of your spawn layer

3. i would say 85-95% is what i try to get.. when im fruiting..

4. do you have just a regular aquarim hood on your tank or did you make up a new one for growing?? i would say to fan it.. but thats me, not sure if the air stones going would create enough air exchange, do your mushrooms get fuzy on the stems? if so i would fan.

5. mushrooms are not plants.. so a grow light is not necesary as long as they get light.. if your using a aquarim hood just put the light on the hood on a timer..not to sure if the light cycle plays an important roll or not.. but you can go to wal-mart and buy a timer for like 3-5$..

well theres my opions on your questions.. l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A few fruiting ?'s [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4583946 - 08/26/05 02:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kingfish4200 said:
1. till the casing glistens..you dont want it saturated
2.could be your humidity, could be that you not fanning.
3. yes i would get the humidity up to at least 90% or more wouldnt hurt some people say you dont need alot of humidity with casings but all seen people say thay had much success with casing's at 99% humidity
4. I would say your fine on that could maybe even let it go longer but i dont know
5. lighting is not real important. as far as how thay get it. but most people here prefer 12 on 12 off with florressents.

hope that helps
good luck :smile:

1. You got
2. Agreed, read my pinning strategy to optimize your pin count.
3. 99% is too high and will totally inhibit transpiration which is what really helps pins proliferate. 90-95% for casings works great and allows for more fresh air exchanges.
4. Fanning is most important during the pinning process, why? Because pins develop in the humid pockets of the casings surface this also happens to be the place CO2 settles. Pumping air into the FC will not disturb these pockets,see where this is going? :wink:
5. Ah not quite, light is very important especially during the pinning stage. Not only duration but intensity, now we're not talking HID intensities, 20-40 watts above the FC's will be perfect and 12-16hrs. works the best during pinning, 12/12 during fruiting. IME 12/12 gets you to harvest the quickest and keeps your fruits standing tall which has benefits in itself. You can certainly get by with less light duration if thats not convenient. Shrooms grow the most during the dark cycle FYI.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Grow Light, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation